Musica Latina. Try it out! You might be surprised!

Share your music and videos HERE!
This is mainly for YouTube vids and such.
Vids of bike runs should be in the "Trails 'n' Tails" section!
YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Musica Latina. Try it out! You might be surprised!

Post by YoDude »

Here's some of my favs.... Warning!!! This thread is LONG and sometimes take a LONG time to load.
You get a PRIZE for letting it load in that you're going to get some of the best music available from the Latina Market. I hope you will take the time to learn the sounds and maybe even the language!

Oh yeah, don't worry about not understanding the words. I go for how this music makes me feel.

Todo Me Gusta De Ti

Como Te Voy A Olvidar

Llorar Llorar

EL Liston De Tu Pelo

It's about the love.....that's all that matters....I hope you can be opened minded enough to really give these a good listen.

If you really start getting into this...skip to: http://www.intruders-alert.com/viewtopi ... 40#p109993

Peace all,

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Re: Musica Latina. Try it out! You might be surprised!

Post by YoDude »

In reply to Keith's question about me speaking Spanish, No not really. I've learned enough of the words to be able to kind of get the grasp, so to speak, of what's being said, though I don't understand it fluently. I keep trying to learn new words as I hear common ones all the time in the music.

When I get one that sticks in my head that I don't know, I look it up on the net to find the meaning. This can be difficult unless you know it's correct spelling. I had no idea what 'dolor' meant until just a few weeks ago, but I kept hearing it on the radio. It's meaning turns out to mean, 'pain'. I do know things like the days of the week, the months of the year. I can translate numbers in the millions into Spanish and vice versa, but it's still a little difficult to get it right sometimes, as I do have to put some thought in it. The numbering system is very easy once you get past the numbers between 10 and 20. 11 through 13 are easy, then you get to 14 and 15 and they throw you a little and then 16 to 19 is easy too. After that, no problem.

Its become a sort of hobby for me now to figure out new words. I just wish I had done the learning curve 40 years ago, as by now, I'd be speaking fluent Spanish and maybe even another language.

Yo-

tc1400
Got My M1 License!

Post by tc1400 »

Yo, this is good stuff too. Just a different style. I took Spanish in HS but forgot a lot of it. In Florida, it's become more and more multi-lingual all the time. In fact, some areas are predominately Latino. That's all fine, but communicating can be a problem, for me anyway. Wouldn't hurt for me to brush up especially where doing business is concerned. It's almost a requirement nowadays.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

It also comes in handy to know when someone is speaking behind your back is such communities. They know MUCH more English than they are willing to give up, unless they think you know more than you show, then, suddenly, you have some respect. :wink:

I'm glad you like the music. I have a lot of other stuff I can probably find on youtube as well. Let me know if you're interested. :thumbup: I'll be more than happy to post up more :big grin: :cheers:

Yo-

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: ZG-XII and VS-XIV
Moniker: Postmaster

Post by Jolsen »

YoDude9999 wrote:It also comes in handy to know when someone is speaking behind your back is such communities. They know MUCH more English than they are willing to give up, unless they think you know more than you show, then, suddenly, you have some respect. :wink:

I'm glad you like the music. I have a lot of other stuff I can probably find on youtube as well. Let me know if you're interested. :thumbup: I'll be more than happy to post up more :big grin: :cheers:

Yo-

I got 2 stories regarding this.

The 1st one was a few months ago I was at a consignee and the two mexicans were speaking spanish in front of me talking back and forth. Now I don't know much spanish but I know enough to know they were arguing that it was only 1 hour till time to get off. and neither one wanted to unload my truck. So I looked at them and said "dejar de luchar contra usted podría haber sido hecho por ahora ." Their jaws dropped and they said in perfect English wait you know what we were saying? I said I understood enough that your ready to go home and drink a beer. me too but I have to get unloading and drive 4 hours back home before I can start. They said ok back into dock 9 lol.

So back when I did construction we had some mexican helpers. My boss told them to speak english on the job site. They didn't so that next friday he paid them 500 pesos instead of dollars. Boy did they learn english fast almost instantly. "what the fuck is this?" My boss looks at them and goes you speak español on the job site you get paid in español money si? Next week you speak english on the job site you get paid in english money. :lmao:
VS1400 Wiring Diagram INFOWARS
Its not my job to prove myself every time I state facts. Its YOUR job to look it up and find out what I say is true.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Uh huh, funny how that works.

Yo-

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

I couldn't leave this last concert of Selena go unnoticed.

[youtube][/youtube]

It takes a little while before she gets into her own stuff as I think she was doing some tributes to some of those she'd admired or inspired her through her life. Her stuff starts up at about 9:30 into the concert.

I loved that woman. I guess, I still do. I can't watch the movie they made about her life without turning into a blubbering mass of tears. A totally awesome person and so young to be struck down by someone she knew and loved, it wretches at my heart that it happened that way.

Aside from that however, this is good stuff to be sure! Please enjoy!

She gives us true love at about 46:50 into the concert. Como La Flor. The intro is amazing to me and brings heavy tears to me.

Yo-

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Though I don't speak fluent Spanish, I listen to this music because of how it seems to prod emotions in me and how a lot of these songs make me feel just by listening to the music and the voices of the singers. Sometimes I ignore the words completely and just hear the sounds of the music and it very often times can be quite moving just in that aspect of it.

I like that different instruments are often used. These guys aren't just 3 or 4 dudes with guitars and a set of drums. Most people think the accordion and trumpet for instance, are outdated. While I am discovering a lot of this music is actually quite old, some of it being 30 years or older, is still quite contemporary on the radio.

Following, are some of the songs I hear on the radio during my morning and afternoon commute to and from work. They are probably a bit more, 'ethnic' than the music I've previously posted, but still worthy of a listen. :thumbup:

Enamorados De Tu Ojos

Musica Romatica :naughty:

Supe Perder

Tonta

I hope you'll try these out and given a chance, may grow on you as they have with me. :cheers:

Yo-

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

If ya wanna go dancing, this it the stuff. Grab yerself a lady and hit the floor! I done MANY dances with some very nice Latina ladies with this musica!
This stuff is OLD, but still good despite its age. This style of music is called, 'Cumbia'. I don't know what that translates to, but I like it! Fito is awesome to me.

Juana La Cubana (Jane the Cuban)

Cumbia Caliente (Hot Cumbia)

El Mensajero (?)

Does this next one sound like a barnyard full of chickens? HAHAHA La Gallina (The Hen)
:thumbup:

The band was about every day life things too...listen here....
El Diabetico (The Diabetic)? You tell me!

If you don't think THIS tune has something, 'catchy' with it, there's something wrong with you! :naughty:
La Pulguera

One of my favorites from this band....
La del Bikina RoJo (The Red Bikini) How can ya knock that?

I hope, as always, you'll take the time to give these a good listen and enjoy! Don't worry about the words, just 'feel' the music! :thumbup:

Yo-

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

What does THIS mean? yo quiero escucha a esta lista ahora mismo? First one that comes back with the correct answer, wins a PRIZE!

Hahahahaha

Yo-

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

I think this is the original version of the song, No Puedo Vivir Mas Sin Ti
But it is not the same version I keep hearing on the radio. It does have the same melody and sound.....

In looking of the version I actually DO hear on the radio, I ran across this version of the song and thought you might enjoy it.....It has some English in it! :big grin:

Sadly, I wasn't able to find the same version I was looking for. Oh well, shucks.

Yo-

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

tc1400 wrote:Yo, this is good stuff too. Just a different style. I took Spanish in HS but forgot a lot of it. In Florida, it's become more and more multi-lingual all the time. In fact, some areas are predominately Latino. That's all fine, but communicating can be a problem, for me anyway. Wouldn't hurt for me to brush up especially where doing business is concerned. It's almost a requirement nowadays.
You know TC? There's a LOT of everyday conversation you can learn from the music I've presented here so far? It's easier than you think!

Yo-

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

My personal interests would be to not start a fight with her and well......Oh yeah! :thumbup:

Yo-

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

I like to get the live versions of these songs so I can relate the faces to the music. Sometimes, the live versions kinda suck because of poor audio quality.
I apologize when this happens, but when it does, I try to find a better quality version, even if it isn't live.

Slightly older music from a few days back...

Ana Gabriel.....
Me Equivoque Contigo

Just because this is a nice song:
Conjunto Primavera
Hoy Como Ayer

Another....I like these guys
Perdoname Mi Amor

[youtube][/youtube]Necesito Decirte

[youtube][/youtube]Y Que Me Importa

And another nice song....skip to 1:00....Friggin' intros, sheeeeze
Los Temerairos
Porque Te Conoci

Los Terricolas
Te Juro Que Te Amo

Mafia
COMO ME DUELE AMOR

Jeannette
Corazón de poeta

You can your butt this song has some history and followers as well....
VICENTE FERNANDEZ
VOLVER VOLVER

That's it for now, but there WILL be more!

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Los Yonics
Tu Presa Facil

Yo-

MattSunn
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: Sportsters

Post by MattSunn »

One of my favorite tunes. And you don't need to understand the words............there are none! :big grin:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fixed it for ya!

Adding this one to yours because this duo IS great!

[youtube][/youtube]

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Here's a good one....

Dos Cartas Y Una Flor

Yo-

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Any of you guys know the band MANA?

(Note to self)
[Insert MANA stuff here]

More Carlos than Mana, but WTH, right? :cheers:

A friend of mine once mentioned that Mana was a,
'biker' music band. You tell me, with this one.

Stick around this thread, you will! [emoji106] :cheers:

Yo-

MattSunn
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: Sportsters

Post by MattSunn »

When I lived in NY, there was a guy, Polito Vega, who had a show, maybe 4 hours long, on radio, Sat. or Sun. morning(can't remember exactly). It was all old style Latin music, stuff from PR and Cuba mostly. Great stuff! Got me to go to a Celia Cruz concert which was incredible! What energy! Azucar!

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fixed it for ya!

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

A lot of this stuff, I hear on the radio during my commute back and forth to work.

Rocio Durcal

Tenjas que ser tan cruel