Forum tips before you post a Technical thread

This board is for all the, '"Typical stuff" you should know.
Xafius
Studying MC Handbook

Re: Forum tips before you post a Technical thread

Post by Xafius »

Hey I'm is noob and my motorcycle makes a cachook cachook caching noise!!
What's wrong!?!?!?

Xafius
Studying MC Handbook

Post by Xafius »

But my neighbors brothers uncles aunts dog said it would give me 5million horsepower!

MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Post by MadCow »

Xafius wrote:But my neighbors brothers uncles aunts dog said it would give me 5million horsepower!
It will as long as you use Iridium plugs...

:smoke:
-DBTO

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

My bike is running like SHIT! Anyone's help is greatly appreciated!

So, I changed the air in both tires three times and still no improvement, HELP!
Okay never mind I think I found the problem....It was the speedo cable.

(Two days later.....)

I'm still having a problem. My bike won't start! I pushed it yesterday and it was fine! I changed and bled the clutch three times and it didn't fix it, please HELP!
I found the problem, the starter was bad so I replaced it, but now the bike won't turn over! Should I change the clutch fluid again?
Oh wait, I think I figured it out. That thing that makes noise was bothering me so I replaced it and the muffler sounds better now, but the bike still won't turn over! I'm gonna look at getting a Dyna 3000 CDI and I figure that'll take care of if it. Wish me LUCK!

:snooze: Huh, what? Oh, ...Hey, whatever ya say brother, go for it!

:evil: Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

ddog6900
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by ddog6900 »

Ok, I'm having the exact same problem as Yo. (Well not really, but in to lazy to start a new thread so I'm just going to piggyback on this thread and confuse the hell out of everyone) Now I know this thread is almost 5 years old and the original poster is nowhere to be found, but I'm going to ask him if he ever got it fixed. How did you do it? I tried everything suggested, but the return spring on my piston is still stuck. Maybe if I ride upside down and backward, I can hear the noise I'm talking about. I'll post a video. NM, I don't know how. But you guys know the noise I'm talking about, right? While you guys think about it, I'm going to make sure I don't come back to read anything you suggested. :thumbup:

dm1400
Scooter Enthusiast
My Bike: 1995 VS1400

Post by dm1400 »

YoDude9999 wrote:My bike is running like SHIT! Anyone's help is greatly appreciated!

(Two days later.....)

I'm still having a problem. My bike won't start! I pushed it yesterday and it was fine! I changed and bled the clutch three times and it didn't fix it, please HELP!
I found the problem, the starter was bad so I replaced it, but now the bike won't turn over! Should I change the clutch fluid again?
Oh wait, I think I figured it out. That thing that makes noise was bothering me so I replaced it and the muffler sounds better now, but the bike still won't turn over! I'm gonna look at getting a Dyna 3000 CDI and I figure that'll take care of if it. Wish me LUCK!

Your problem is easy to fix. You got either bad air or the wrong air for your tires. You've got to use motorcycle air, not automotive air, & be sure to check the expiration date on the air.

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: ZG-XII and VS-XIV
Moniker: Postmaster

Post by Jolsen »

dm1400 wrote:
YoDude9999 wrote:My bike is running like SHIT! Anyone's help is greatly appreciated!

(Two days later.....)

Your problem is easy to fix. You got either bad air or the wrong air for your tires. You've got to use motorcycle air, not automotive air, & be sure to check the expiration date on the air.
He needs fall motorcycle air. I bet he has spring car air. Lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
VS1400 Wiring Diagram INFOWARS
Its not my job to prove myself every time I state facts. Its YOUR job to look it up and find out what I say is true.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

Yo, if you're bike won't start you might try turning on the key and installing star washers. Your welcome. :big grin:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: 1996 VS1400

Post by Larry TN »

No one has even referenced turn signal fluid as a potential starting or performance problem. If you even look at a can of standard turn signal fluid, your bike will not only not start, but will turn in the opposite direction indicated by the turn signal indicator. Azimuth turn signal fluid is the only metric fluid extant, and the only one sanctioned by the AMA, F1, NASCAR, NHRA, AARP and the NAACP.

"Give the people you have offended time to apologize." -Rev Samuel Porter Jones (in 1906)

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: 1996 VS1400

Post by Larry TN »

One of my originals from 2003-4. I printed up some labels that fit the windshield wiper fluid gallon jugs, then mixed enough amber colored antifreeze and water to be AMBER. The quality of my ad is way better than what shows here. This is funny, even if I did it first.
"Give the people you have offended time to apologize." -Rev Samuel Porter Jones (in 1906)

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

Ok, I have a problem. My bike fell over while I was working on the airhorn and broke the windshield on the lower right panel. When I went to take it for a test ride it wouldn't start. Do you think I might have crossed the wires on the airhorn or put the star washers on backwards? :Umm: It (the battery) sounds like it has plenty of power, the bike just doesn't start. :bang: Never mind I found the problem, the kill switch wasn't on. :bonk:

Happy Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas and I hope you have a better New Year. :cheers:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

.....Or was the kill switch, off?

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!
My Bike: VS 1400. Royal Enfield

Post by Fred »

Xafius wrote:Hey I'm is noob and my motorcycle makes a cachook cachook caching noise!!
What's wrong!?!?!?
Hmmm this sounds very bad only the early bikes went cachook cachook if you have some star washers put them in the fridge for 3 hours before soaking in acetone and then discard them. Probably the fuffle valve is disconected from its inverted mounting, re connect this on the other side.

You should then have a cabling cabling sound but may still not start. your only hope is that someone else comes along soon that knows whats wrong

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Can anyone tell me why my Hog makes that Klunk sound every time I drop it into first gear :rag: Damn thing is driving me crazy.
And on another note..... I changed the brake fluid in the brake light on my wife's sporty and now the signal lights don't work any more... Think I need to change the air in her tires?
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by Jolsen »

The issue is it is a sportster and not an intruder. Change the badges and refill the turn signal fluid.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Its not my job to prove myself every time I state facts. Its YOUR job to look it up and find out what I say is true.

NE_FL
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VS1400

Post by NE_FL »

Thanks but I don't need help. I found the problem with my bike. It was low on power steering fluid.

:wink:

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by Jolsen »

Did you check your headlight fluid?

Night_Wolf
Scooter Enthusiast
My Bike: 2006 1400 Intruder

Post by Night_Wolf »

I was wondering if I started a bunch of threads in the appropriate sections about a repair/Mod & then Linked it back to the direct page on my website. Would that be a problem?
Type @ Ya'll Later
Night_Wolf

Intruder Alert Canada/Night_Wolf's Lair

Alberta Adventure Riders

2006 VS1400 Image 2020 V85TT Image

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by Jolsen »

Nope I was thinking about grabbing information off your site awhile back

Night_Wolf
Scooter Enthusiast
My Bike: 2006 1400 Intruder

Post by Night_Wolf »

Jolsen wrote:Nope I was thinking about grabbing information off your site awhile back

Then expect a bunch of new threads where the article will start & then be linked directly back to their originating page.

It's one thing to copy the VS1400 & VS800 pages, but the rest of those pages the info was given to me & I spent doG knows how many hrs creating that site. I have no issue sharing, especially since I am here, but be careful what sites you do that with as some will get very pissy :cheers:
Type @ Ya'll Later
Night_Wolf

Intruder Alert Canada/Night_Wolf's Lair

Alberta Adventure Riders

2006 VS1400 Image 2020 V85TT Image