Designer High Performance Clutch Springs

pmhearns12
Learning My Moped
My Bike: Suzuki s83

Re: Designer High Performance Clutch Springs

Post by pmhearns12 »

98VS1400 wrote:
pmhearns12 wrote:Hey so i ordered these babies early last week, and once i placed the order he said thanks and asked for address amd havent heard back from him since. No shipping notification or tracking anything, i sent a few emails reaching out for a little info on an eta but no responses... about how long did it take for delivery? Im ready to put these things to work

Yes, the two of you guys need to relax, Designer isn't some major online retailer. He'll get the springs to you, if there is a delay, there is good reason. He's been selling these springs to people for years, I'm sure there is no reason to worry. I've personally bought two sets myself from him.
Im perfextly calm, lol. Im just curious as to lead time. I was asking some questions to the intruder pros because im anxious to get my bike running properly again and like i said hadnt heard a word in while so i am curious. And i work in procurment and sourcing, i complelty understand hes not a online retailer, but if you ARE doing buisness online a simple ETA or a leadtime for turn around is worth its weight in gold as to not leave patrons in the dark about the whereabouts of their purchase. And btw, glad you commented, i have a few questions about the bct baffles.. pm inbound.. :cheers:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

Reprinted from another Thread in this Board:

dvlkliss wrote:received spring today ,, maybe some long but its not designer fault the envelop was open and re-tape ,,for check up of terrorist thing ? :lmao:
like i said before in this post its not on the fault of designer it was on the time too get it ,
thank designer no grudge :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: and all of you :cheers: :cheers:
Hip-Hip-Who-raaaayyy! :cheers: :clap: [emoji106] [space] ( that one is sure an oldie, aint it?) [emoji2]

Please accept my apologies for the mistakes made by the USPS. :bow:

I found out that even with Tracking, they cannot do anything about this mistake of theirs. :blink: [space] So...what good is it when it costs much more? :confused:

I have been shipping my Springs to help out guys for over 10 years now,...sent out over 1000 kits to 31 Countries Worldwide...NEVER had this problem until just recently....so this is a New Development for me. :roll:

I PROMISE YOU ALL...From now on I will be more vigilant when shipping things and check the Paid Receipt and compare it to the Shipping Address you guys give me. :HatTip:

I am sorry. :donno:

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

Forge
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: 99 Valkyrie Interstate- 05 S83

Post by Forge »

Hot damn! Mine arrived today! I can't wait to get these in this coming weekend and go out for a nice, long, shake down run!
Arthritis sucks!

Johnfrmcal
Practicing Bicycling
My Bike: VS1400

Post by Johnfrmcal »

I sold my 1400 a few years ago and just got another one. Came back to the board to find that it's a new board, and now trying to contact Designer for springs but it won't let me PM him because I don't have enough posts. Guess I'll have to post some useless babble to get my post count up LOL.

bike_tristan
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 1996 suzuki intruder

Post by bike_tristan »

I myself just bought a 1400 and I'm trying to contact designer for springs. Is there a way he can contact me through this comment? If so, that would be incredible!

Johnfrmcal
Practicing Bicycling
My Bike: VS1400

Post by Johnfrmcal »

Being new, you can't PM him, but it will let you email him. Worked for me and I placed my order today.

Luis_o_98
Practicing Bicycling
My Bike: s83

Post by Luis_o_98 »

got mine in 11 days. but like others said a little feed back would have been nice

Pegdragger
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 2005 S83 Boulevard

Post by Pegdragger »

had mine springs in now for maybe 25000 miles. No issues. Pulls wheelies burns rubber like yesterday. :rock:
:putput: Instagram - pegdragger . Uncorked vs1400 stage 3. Progressive fork springs. 12" rear shocks. Custom made handle bars, blinker housings, seat, drag pipes. Designer springs. Ride 1k in a day . blue ridge, tail of the dragon from Vermont 2x. Yellow stone, estes park, million dollar hwy, moab, window rock, grand canyon, death valley, serria Nevada's, US rt66, US rt 50 rider.

theMKoi
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 1997 Suzuki Intruder 1400

Post by theMKoi »

Installed the springs and ran them all summer. They have a great feel and I no longer need to plan my passing. I twist the throttle and the power is sent to the tire. A great upgrade if you are experiencing any level of slipping from your transmission.
Thanks,

Matt

'97 Intruder 1400

:hahafinger:

Lukegreen96
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 1997 Suzuki Intruder VS1400

Post by Lukegreen96 »

New member to the site, happy to be here! I emailed Ed and he was quick to reply and very cooperative. I put the check in the mail today and can't wait to get my springs and install them in my 1997 VS1400. Will update with results!

Lukegreen96
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 1997 Suzuki Intruder VS1400

Post by Lukegreen96 »

Well I installed my new springs and just as promised, all my problems were solved! No longer slipping when I grab a hand full in high gear. Couldn't be happier, excited to put some miles on my bike this summer [emoji106]

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

Awesome Luke. Really glad to hear you found the path to the truth!

Happy riding, looking forward to seeing more of your posts!

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

martrem69
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 1996 Suzuki Intruder 1400

Post by martrem69 »

The first thing I noticed when I first rode my VS1400: Get into it and the clutch slips. Found out about a little company called Barnett. Put their clutch in the bike with a set of performance springs (How's your grip, son?) and she was pulling stumps like a Massey Furgeson. For some reason Barnett didn't supply the springs, but I found a set easy enough. Easy job if you keep everything in order.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

You didn't need to replace your Clutch Plates. The Stock ones are good for WELL over 150,000 miles.

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

Ryanmolnar55
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 97 Intruder VS1400

Post by Ryanmolnar55 »

I just finished installing the springs on my 97' 1400 and holy moly that was simple. Test ride in the AM. So Excited! Thanks Ed.

Ryanmolnar55
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 97 Intruder VS1400

Post by Ryanmolnar55 »

All I can say is WOW! 28° out right now but I couldn't resist waiting. Night and day difference. 110% satisfied customer here!

Killian44
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 93 VS1400

Post by Killian44 »

Got the springs done on my 93 VS1400 AWESOME difference. He got em to me fast bad weather an all about 3 months ago. Had to finish up on my truck first an I just got the springs installed a couple of days ago took her out an I didn't want to go back home. Got a little chilly wasn't really dressed for a long ride.
All else I can say is THANK YOU!

dogbuddy1
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 93Intruder1400 KLR650 KawiF11

Post by dogbuddy1 »

First post ever on my new to me '93 1400 and here I am looking to buy some springs! Went for a ride today and bike was slipping in 4th, didn't have any issues in lower gears. Anyhow, I can't PM yet - too new, but I did try to send an email. Thanks for any help!

dogbuddy1
Tricycles are Cool

Post by dogbuddy1 »

Bump.

dogbuddy1
Tricycles are Cool

Post by dogbuddy1 »

Just bought - can't wait to get these installed.