Daily Devotion 1 2 2015

Discuss these subjects at your own risk!
You may find your way to Eden or the garden of Hell!
I will NOT be responsible for where you might end up!
Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Re: Daily Devotion 1 2 2015

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prayer of All Hopefulness
Lord of all hopefulness, Lord of all joy, whose trust, ever child-like, no cares can destroy, be there at my waking, and give me, I pray, your bliss in my heart, Lord, at the break of the day.

Lord of all eagerness, Lord of all faith, whose strong hands were skilled at the plane and the lathe, be there at my labors, and give me, I pray, your strength in my heart, Lord, at the noon of the day.

Lord of all kindliness, Lord of all grace, your hands swift to welcome, your arms to embrace, be there at my homing, and give me, I pray, your love in my heart, Lord, at the eve of the day.

Lord of all gentleness, Lord of all calm, whose voice is contentment, whose presence is balm, be there at my sleeping, and give me, I pray, your peace in my heart, Lord, at the end of the day.

Amen.
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prayer for the Morning
I bless you for the day you have made, Lord God, and pray that I may spend this day in your creation. I pray for your Holy Spirit to fill me with the joy of my salvation, so that your light may shine through me into the world, that your honor and glory may be known to all people.

Remind me of your blessings, I pray, with every tribulation I may face, so that I may act with energy, forgiveness and love, ever mindful of the grace You have shown to me. Through Christ I pray,

Amen.
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

To Do God’s Will in Our Work
Lord God, whatever is to be desired should be sought by labor, and who by the blessing bringest honest labor to good effect, look with mercy upon my studies and endeavors. Grant me, O Lord, to design only what is lawful and right; and afford me calmness of mind and steadiness of purpose, that I may so do thy will in this short life, as to obtain happiness in the world to come, for the sake of Jesus Christ, our Lord.

Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prayer to Have Inner Peace in the Coming Day
Heavenly God, may I have peace within, this day;
May I trust God that I am exactly where I am meant to be.
May I not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith.
May I use those gifts that I have received, and pass on the love that has been given to me.
May I be confident knowing I am a child of God.
Let this presence settle into my bones, and allow my soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love. This I pray in Christ's name,

Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prayer of Saint Clement

You, Lord, through your works have revealed the everlasting structure of the world. You, Lord, created the earth. You are faithful throughout all generations, righteous in your judgments, marvelous in strength and majesty, wise in creating and prudent in establishing what exists, good in all that is observed and faithful to those who trust in you, merciful and compassionate; forgive us our sins and our injustices, our transgressions and our shortcomings.

Do not take into account every sin of your servants, but cleanse us with the cleansing of your truth, and “direct our steps to walk in holiness and righteousness and purity of heart,” and “to do what is good and pleasing in your sight” and in the sight of our rulers. Yes, Lord, “let your face shine upon us” in peace “for our good,” that we may be sheltered “by your mighty hand” and delivered from every sin “by your uplifted arm”; deliver us as well from those who hate us unjustly.

Give harmony and peace to us and to all who dwell on the earth throughout the day to come, just as you did to our fathers when they reverently “called upon you in faith and trust,” that we may be saved, while we render obedience to your almighty and most excellent name, and give harmony and peace to our rulers and governors on earth.
Amen

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prayer for the Morning

May the grace of Christ our Savior, and the Father's boundless love, with the Holy Spirit's favor, rest upon me, and all of us, from above. Thus may we abide in union, with each other and the Lord, and possess, in sweet communion, joys which earth cannot afford.
Amen

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prayer for Strength

Lord let me always remember your words, that we should put on your armor and be strong, not in our own power, but in the strength of your might. Help me to stop calling on my own power and learn to call upon the power of your Spirit, that dwells always within me and loves me, and waits only to be called. For I am weak, but your strength knows no limit, and it is mine to have in your service. Embolden and empower me to fight evil wherever I may find it, and to tell the world of your grace in Christ Jesus.

Amen

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Because Of You God

Because you picked me up, when I struggled to get through.
Because you healed my heart, when it was thrown and shattered.
Because you gave me hope, when it seemed so out of reach.
Because you filled me with peace, when chaos flowed through my veins.
Because you showed me the light, when there was only darkness.
Because you gave me comfort, when my voice cried out in pain.
Because you reassured me, when the doubts screamed in my head.
Because you kept me going, when there seemed nowhere to go.
Because you sustained me with strength, when weakness became all I knew.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Because Of You God

Because you came and stayed, when everyone else turned around and left.
Because you gave me a purpose, when life seemed so pointless.
Because you restored my happiness, when life seemed to snatch it away.
Because you filled this emptiness, when the void echoed with loneliness.
Because you helped me let it all go, when I gripped the tightest to hold on.
Because you showed me the beauty of life, when the world showed me nothing but hate and corruption.
Because you gave me a better life, when the old one fought to come back.
Because I am nothing without you, nothing but a hopeless being.
Because only You could tear down my wall of pride, and instead build it back up with love and humbleness.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Because Of You God

Because of all this, I give you my life Lord.
I will put all my fears and failures in Your hands, my worries that consume me, my pain that destroys me.
You were always there, even when I rejected You.
Because of all You are, my life, oh God, is yours.
Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prayer for the Morning

Heavenly Father, I thank you this morning for all that I have. Even if I have problems with my health, I am alive today. If I have money problems, I will eat today. I have clothes to wear, a roof to protect me, and air to breathe.

Let me never take for granted these gifts of life, oh Lord, but always remember that they come from you; without you, no man could make the sun shine or the tree bear its fruit. I pray to live this day in joy and thankfulness for what I have, remembering always who made me and who keeps me. In the name of Christ I pray,
Amen

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

To Serve God

Teach me, good Lord, to serve you as you deserve;
to give and not to count the cost;
to fight and not to heed the wounds;
to toil and not to seek for rest;
to labor and not to ask for any reward,
save that of knowing that I do your will;
through Jesus Christ our Lord,
Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

For God’s Blessing

O marvelous God, who is my light, my life, and my salvation;
Grant to me, I pray, such fullness of faith and such a consciousness of your love and goodness,
that your blessed Spirit, dwelling within me, may give me health of body,
peace of mind, faithfulness of heart, and holiness of life and being;
through the mercies and merits of the same, my Savior, Jesus Christ.
Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prayer for This Day

Today is a blessed beautiful day and I praise God for allowing me another day to be on this earth. I ask Lord that you touch those whose hearts have turned cold and no longer care. I pray that they see your way is the greater way. Thank you Lord.
Amen

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

THE PRAYER: Dear Lord, no matter how hard we tried, we never could have paid the debt for a single one of our sins. Because Jesus has paid for all our sins, we give thanks. In gratitude, may we forgive others as we have been forgiven. In Jesus' Name we pray. Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prayer for Grace and Strength

Lord God, I pray that you will fill my heart with the blessing of your Holy Spirit.
Grant me this day the strength to be temperate in all things, diligent in my duties,
and patient under my afflictions. Direct me in all my ways.
Give me grace to be just and upright in all my dealings; quiet and peaceable;
full of compassion; and ready to do good to all people, according to my abilities and opportunities.
For the sake of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ,
Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prayer for the Morning

Dear Lord, thank you for this beautiful day.
Look after me and protect me throughout the day.
Give me the wisdom to see and experience Your world in all its beauty.
Let me experience the wonder of your creation.

Protect my family and those closest to me.
Let me share with the world today, learning, growing, and contributing,
and make the world a better place for all who know me, and for those who don't.
Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

For Refuge

Oh God, who has been the refuge of my fathers through many generations,
be my refuge today in every time and circumstance of need.
Be my guide through all that is dark and doubtful.
Be my guard against all that threatens my spirit's welfare.
Be my strength in time of testing. Gladden my heart with your peace;
through Jesus Christ my Lord.
Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prayer for the Morning

For the bird who sings outside my window,
For the tree that stands outside my door,
For the neighbor who waves and says “good morning”,
I give you thanks dear God, for these and more,

Your blessings every morning know no limit,
Yet I often rush by not seeing them, I fear;
Let me take a moment this and every morning, God, I pray,
To remember all of them, and know that you are here.
Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prayer to Change to Better Serve God

Lord God, I believe that you will change people and many things, if asked and if it is your will.
Change me Lord, if it is your will, for I would lead a better life.
Touch me, I pray, Lord God whose touch transforms.
Reach out your mighty hand to all who seek you in the name of your Son.
Heal us, transform us, and make us whole; reach out your mighty hand to lift us up to serve you;
touch me and all of us this very day,
O Lord, that our own hands may bring your hope and healing to this broken world.
Amen.