Drivel

Keep it civil
jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road
My Bike: Kugelblitz-Kriegshammer 2200

Drivel

Post by jeffcoslacker »

Please...for the love of God. I TRY to keep it to myself. But when I see many people using the wrong word so often, I feel a need to set it right. So I'm not calling anyone out.

The word you're looking for is "drivel" which means "nonsense or silly talk". Not "dribble" which we already know what it means I assume. And no, "I've always used that word" does not make it correct. It just means you've always been wrong.

As you were. [emoji2]

Go ahead. Flame me. I can take it :evil: But correct me when I'm wrong, it doesn't bother me. In fact I appreciate it.

And if we don't figure out how to use an apostrophe correctly here real soon, that'll be the next lesson. :lmao:

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Re: Drivel

Post by RoadKing »

This thread begins as pure dribble’’’s’’’
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road

Post by jeffcoslacker »

RoadKing wrote:This thread begins as pure dribble’’’s’’’
Well played [emoji106]

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

You are a lunatic, Jeffco. Kinda scary, like looking in the mirror.

OK, here goes, now just try to bring yourself off as a normal guy. :bonk:
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road

Post by jeffcoslacker »

RoadKing wrote:You are a lunatic, Jeffco. Kinda scary, like looking in the mirror.

OK, here goes, now just try to bring yourself off as a normal guy. :bonk:
Where's the fun in that? :blink:

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road

Post by jeffcoslacker »

I actually have a pretty extensive list of words and phrases that are commonly used incorrectly...YES, MANY OF THEM BY MYSELF, until I bothered to find out the right ones.

One day I might hammer them all out and drop it.

I don't know why people take it as an attack to be informed of what they've been doing wrong. When I've been saying something stupid because I didn't know better, I feel relief when someone sets me right.

Someone pointed out long ago on IA that I consistently spelled the word "neighbor" wrong, which I had never realized. And I thought it was fascinating how it came to be brought to my attention. There was one of those irritating aliases on IA, and whoever it was (I can't remember now) suggested it was me because this alias always made the same spelling error too. I thought that was pretty perceptive. [emoji106]

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

navigator wrote:Image
Nav, thinking you may be a bit loony tune yerself.
Signifying nothing”

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road

Post by jeffcoslacker »

I'll give a freebie, just for fun.

"Death Nail"...you see this one a lot, as the final action before something goes out of style or use. And it kinda makes sense in a way, there's some kind of imagery there of coffin nails or something...some kind of finality, although vague...doesn't REALLY hold up...

The actual term is "Death Knell." WHAT? Yeah, kinda weird. Old English I think. Refers to the tolling of the church bell when a funeral is being held. So when you say that "The mass importation of cheap South American produce represented the death knell for the small California produce grower" or something like that, you are saying that was the action that heralded the demise of something else.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

Yada yada. Many moon back from time to time I liked to harmlessly fuck with you on the purple board. But there was this one dude who always would intercede on your behalf with the same words, HIS NAME IS NOT JEFFCO. WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM, MAN? :lolfall: I think he was a bot.

No matter. December 26th marks another anniversary of the IA death knell.
Signifying nothing”

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road

Post by jeffcoslacker »

RoadKing wrote:Yada yada. Many moon back from time to time I liked to harmlessly fuck with you on the purple board. But there was this one dude who always would intercede on your behalf with the same words, HIS NAME IS NOT JEFFCO. WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM, MAN? :lolfall: I think he was a bot.

I had one alias for a time. I used it maybe a dozen times. Could have been. I don't remember. I outed myself on that, so you're not telling anyone anything new.... :lmao:

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

jeffcoslacker wrote:
RoadKing wrote:Yada yada. Many moon back from time to time I liked to harmlessly fuck with you on the purple board. But there was this one dude who always would intercede on your behalf with the same words, HIS NAME IS NOT JEFFCO. WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM, MAN? :lolfall: I think he was a bot.

I had one alias for a time. I used it maybe a dozen times. Could have been. I don't remember. I outed myself on that, so you're not telling anyone anything new.... :lmao:
Sounds like you are calling yourself a duplicitous caricature.
Signifying nothing”

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road

Post by jeffcoslacker »

RoadKing wrote:
jeffcoslacker wrote:

Well, on the surface, that would seem to be. But you have to remember the context in which it came to be. Which I'm sure you do. At the time we had a plethora of trolling aliases on IA, and some users had as many as 4-5, near as we could figure. Remember johnandcarol? Etc...

So for a time it seemed like everybody had at least one, and there was all kinds of proxy wars being staged. Which was kinda fun for a while, then it died out. I never got into that aspect of it, but would occasionally use mine to resurrect a dead thread or rebut some stupid comment in a way I don't normally respond. It lost its charm quickly, and then I forgot the login anyway...I don't even remember the username now, do you? I've been sitting here trying to remember...

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

My loved ones want me to have ID on me at all times.One reason am over due for death by motorcycle and another sometimes do not know myself! :eek:

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

jeffcoslacker wrote:
RoadKing wrote:
jeffcoslacker wrote:

Well, on the surface, that would seem to be. But you have to remember the context in which it came to be. Which I'm sure you do. At the time we had a plethora of trolling aliases on IA, and some users had as many as 4-5, near as we could figure. Remember johnandcarol? Etc...

So for a time it seemed like everybody had at least one, and there was all kinds of proxy wars being staged. Which was kinda fun for a while, then it died out. I never got into that aspect of it, but would occasionally use mine to resurrect a dead thread or rebut some stupid comment in a way I don't normally respond. It lost its charm quickly, and then I forgot the login anyway...I don't even remember the username now, do you? I've been sitting here trying to remember...
Don’t remember, don’t care. Ain’t no alias nor copy befitting Psycho Jeffco.

However, I think there is a bot on this channel who moderates. I think he called me Resident Dick. I call him RoboCop. Or Cow Pie. Dude don’t like me, don’t even know me, he’s mad.

Satnite ramblings, disjointed derailed train of thought. Gonna have a swallow of Black Jack Daniels (from Tennessee) and take Black Jack Trump (also from Tennessee) for a walk in the cold and snow. Cold and snow ain’t nuthin but a way to tell you that you are alive. Know what my motto is, always has been? FUCK IT.
Signifying nothing”

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

jeffcoslacker wrote:....I don't know why people take it as an attack to be informed of what they've been doing wrong.

You just described my wonder about why The leftists... "feel"... this way when they are shown they are mistaken. ;IDunno: :jester:

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

old time rider wrote:My loved ones want me to have ID on me at all times.One reason am over due for death by motorcycle and another sometimes do not know myself! :eek:
I don’t know yourself, either. But I’d like to. I’d be honored to ride with you. Ride into that wind one more time.
Signifying nothing”

JFL Live
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by JFL Live »

Whoops, thought this was going to be about bladder problems.
_I"T"|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**")_)

You will ride eternal, shiny and chrome...

Skipper
Studying MC Handbook
My Bike: S83

Post by Skipper »

I'm glad I seen this post, its' defiantly helpful.. :evil:

Just kidding, it bugs me a little bit as well, but not as much as if it's on purpose. Like prolly (probably) that really gets me.

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road

Post by jeffcoslacker »

Well I thought maybe I'd try my boss's approach. He never calls anyone out, and never criticizes anyone personally around others. He gets everybody together, and says "Look, [XYZ] has been happening, and we can't be doing that. When [XYZ] happens, at some point it's going to cost us customers, they won't tolerate it very long. So we need to [wah wuh wah wahaa Peanuts adult voice] to correct it. I want you all to keep that in mind."

Nobody gets personally shanked, everybody tries to improve. [emoji106]