Daily Devotion 1 2 2015

Discuss these subjects at your own risk!
You may find your way to Eden or the garden of Hell!
I will NOT be responsible for where you might end up!
Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Re: Daily Devotion 1 2 2015

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Heavenly Father, help me, I pray, to see other people as you see them, as my fellow souls struggling to find you. Let me not be deceived by appearance; let me not be misled by my prejudice. Let me not compare the outside of other people to the inside of myself, nor believe that the circumstances of my birth define a standard that others are supposed to meet. Let me see my own imperfection and not that of my fellow man. This I pray,
Amen
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

To love someone means to see him as God intended him.

Amen
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prayer for Help with the Burdens of Life
Grant me, I pray, with your divine help; endow me with patience and strength to endure my tribulations with complete submission to your will.
You know my misery and suffering and to you, my only hope and refuge,
I flee for relief and comfort; trusting your infinite love and compassion, that in due time, when you know it is for the best,
you will deliver me from my troubles, and turn my distress into comfort,
and I will rejoice in your mercy and praise your Holy Name, O Father, Son, and Holy Spirit,
Amen

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prayer to Inspire Others
Lord, I ask you to inspire me to encourage others by what I say and do today. God and Father of all people, never let me look down on others or make anyone feel inferior.
Lord, show me how to live today with genuine concern for others. In expressing my care, may I show people that they are valued, loved and appreciated for who they are.
Amen

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prayer for Goodness
A good character is the best tombstone.
Those who loved you and were helped by you will remember you when forget-me-nots have withered.
Carve your name on hearts, not on marble.

Amen

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

For Freedom from Sin
To Thee, O God, I lift up my soul and heart; do not allow Thy creation to perish, but free me from the single and greatest enemy — sin. Grant, O Lord, that I may endure anxiety and sorrows of the soul with the same patience as the joy with which I receive satisfaction of heart. If Thou desirest, O Lord, Thou canst cleanse me and sanctify me. Here I commit myself to Thy mercy, begging Thee to destroy within me all that is offensive to Thee, and to unite me to the assembly of Thy chosen.
Amen

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Submission Involves Service
Monday, November 27, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Ephesians 5:21-33

Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.
Ephesians 5:21

Lord, you submitted your will to your Father’s. Help us to submit ours to you and to find ways of expressing love and respect in all our relationships. In your name, Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prayer for the Morning
Lord, most heavenly Father, Almighty and everlasting God, who has safely brought me to the beginning of this day; I give you thanks for my creation, preservation, and all the blessings of my life. Grant that this day I fall into no sin, neither run into any kind of danger; but that all my doings, being governed by your will, may be righteous in your sight. Through Christ our Lord, I pray.
Amen

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Suffering as a Christian
The person who bears and suffers evils with meekness and silence, is the sum of a Christian man.
AMEN

Religious Observances
Christian : Advent-start of church year (4 Sundays till Christmas)
Protestant : Bible Sunday
RC : Commemoration of St Saturninus, bishop/martyr
Christian : Commemoration of St Francis Fasani, Italian priest
Religious History
1223 Through publication of "Regula Bullata," Pope Honorius III formally authorized the "Regula Prima," a settled rule of organization and administration for the Franciscan order.
1644 The Massachusetts General Court issued a call for local pastors to learn the dialects of neighboring Indian tribes, as an aid toward converting them to the Christian faith.
1776 Anglican hymnwriter John Newton wrote in a letter: 'He knows our sorrows, not merely as He knows all things, but as one who has been in our situation, and who, though without sin himself, endured when upon earth inexpressibly more for us than He will ever lay upon us.'
1780 In Connecticut, Lemuel Haynes, 27, was licensed to preach in the Congregational Church, becoming the first black minister to be certified by a predominantly white denomination. Five years later, in 1785, Haynes was ordained pastor of a church in Torrington, CT, also making him the first black minister to pastor a white church.
1970 In Nagpur, India, six church bodies __ the Anglicans, the United Church of Northern India, the Baptists, the Methodists, the Church of the Brethren and the Disciples of Christ __ merged to form the Church of India.

Thought of the Day
" Losing weight: the triumph of mind over platter. "

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prayer for the Morning
Lord God the King eternal, who divides the day from the darkness, and has turned the shadow of death into the light of morning; I pray that this day you will incline my heart to keep your commandments, driving temptation from my mind. Guide my feet into the way of peace; that having done your will with cheerfulness while it was day, I may, when the night comes, rejoice in giving you thanks for a day lived in your presence; through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Amen

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prayer To Help Others
Lord let me love you and see myself as I really am - a pilgrim in this world, a Christian called to respect and love all whose lives I touch, those in authority over me or those under my authority, my friends and my enemies. Help me to conquer anger with gentleness, greed by generosity, apathy by fervor. Help me to forget myself and reach out towards others, this I pray.
Amen

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prayer for the Deceased
Heavenly Father, blessed my loved ones who have passed from this life. Grant them mercy and peace; lead them to your loving embrace. And bring comfort and the consolation of hope to me, and to all who grieve for the dead.
I thank you, Lord, for the grace to move me through the challenges of this life and, especially, to look beyond death with faith and hope, to the new life you have promised.
Amen

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

What a Great Morning
Holy God, thank you for giving me another morning! I am lucky to be alive on your beautiful planet, so full of marvelous things and the beautiful plants and animals and all the people you have created in your image. Fill me with your Holy Spirit, now and all day long, until I go to sleep, because I want to live with you every minute of this day. The time and opportunities I have right now will never return, so help me make the best of it, Lord. And let me remember this one thing: You know what you are doing, whether I can see it or not; so I will try to remember today that you are in charge, that you put me here for a reason and that, by your grace, things will turn out with your triumph and the Kingdom of Heaven, for all those who live by your grace. All praise to you forever,
Amen

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prayer for the Morning
I call upon you, O Lord. In the morning you hear me; in the morning I offer you my prayer, watching and waiting.
I lift my heart to you, O Lord, to be strengthened for this day. Be with me in all I do, my God; guide me in all my ways.
I will carry some burdens today; some trials will be mine. So I wait for your help, Lord, lest I stumble and fall.
I will do my work, Father, the work begun by your Son. He lives in me and I in him; may his work today be done.
Amen

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prayer for Patience in My Tasks
Lord teach me how to live in the present moment. In this way I enjoy each simple task as I do it without thinking that I must hurry on to the next thing. I do what I am doing with all my ability and all my concentration. My mind is no longer divided, and life is more peaceful. Thank you for teaching me how to do this, and please help me how to show others the way to learn to trust you more completely and to do everything which has to be done at your time and your speed.
Amen

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prayer of Resolve
I bind myself to you this day Christ, in your truth and in your sacrifice. I give to you my anxiety and my fear, my depression and my doubt, for you have promised to take them if we only ask; and I take upon myself your burden, for it is light and your way is gentle. May I keep this in my heart and mind all this day.
Amen

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

To Know God’s Word
Oh Heavenly Father, in whom I live and move and have my being, I humbly pray you so to guide and govern me by your Holy Spirit, that in all the joys, occupations, and cares of this day I may never forget you, but remember that I am ever walking in your sight. In Christ's name, I pray,
Amen

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prayer for Guidance
Lord, teach me to number my days aright, that I may gain wisdom of heart. Help me do today the things that matter, not to waste the time I have.
The moments I have are precious, Lord, see that I count them dear. Teach me to number my days aright. Fill me this day with your kindness, that I may be glad and rejoice all the days of my life. Through Christ I pray,
Amen

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Scripture Reading: Genesis 37:1-11; 50:15-26

You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives.
Genesis 50:20

Joseph was a teenager who lacked common sense. When two dreams revealed that his family members would bow down to him, he eagerly told all those who were the least likely to appreciate them! His brothers hated him so much that they sold him into slavery. In Egypt, after a roller-coaster ride of ups and downs, Joseph became the chief deputy to Pharaoh, king of Egypt. When a famine brought the brothers to Egypt to buy food, they were reunited with Joseph. Their father, Jacob, was also reunited with his long lost son.
After Jacob died, the brothers wondered if Joseph would now punish them for their awful deed. But Joseph delivered a jaw-dropping response: You meant to harm me, but God turned it into good and saved many lives.
Advent reminds us that God is able to turn evil intentions into results that are good. We can’t always see how God does this; God’s ways are not our ways. But God is always working to do good. We see it in the life of Joseph and in the story of Jesus. When Jesus died on the cross, God took the evil of the crucifixion and transformed it into everlasting salvation for all who believe in Jesus as Savior.
Despite all our sins, God is always surprising us with the ways in which love can conquer hatred and forgiveness can over­power sin. Have you experienced God’s love in your life?

Lord, thank you for always being at work to turn evil to good. Thank you for sending Jesus to endure the cross so that we may live. Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Morning Confession

I confess with faith toYou, O God, creator of light and dispeller of darkness. Dispel from my soul the darkness of sin and ignorance, and at this hour enlighten my mind, that I may pray to You according to Your will, and receive from You the fulfillment of my supplications. Have mercy upon Your Creatures and upon me, a great sinner.

Amen