Here's a thought

Discuss these subjects at your own risk!
You may find your way to Eden or the garden of Hell!
I will NOT be responsible for where you might end up!
Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!
My Bike: VS 1400. Royal Enfield

Here's a thought

Post by Fred »

So the planet has been around for billions of years and it is thought that we as humans as we are now have been here 100 to 150 thousand years.

At that time our child mortality would have been high, perhaps 50 %. Our life expectancy would have been say 20 -25 and probably died from our teeth. Disease , food poisoning---- terrible, fear of everything like other tribes, Earth quakes, Volcanoes, flooding , wild animals, rape.

And all the while Heaven looked down untill just 3000 years ago they sent down the son of god,--not to China where people could read by then but to the most arid land possible and the poorest most ignorant disease ridden people on the planet.

Without this visitation we are told we would not know right or wrong.

Never been back since. You believe that?

I cant prove there is no god, I cant prove there is not a fire dragon on the moon that fires red hot spaghetti out of its arse but common sense I hold tells me it would be very unlikely.

However, the spaghetti dragon is not said to have made the entire universe and man and all life, so taking that into consideration I would have to go with the Spagetti dragon rather than god.

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Re: Here's a thought

Post by Fred »

Suzuki Johnny wrote:The Messiah Endured Evil for Us
Sunday, January 21, 2018 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Psalm 69:1-21

One of them ran and got a sponge. He filled it with wine vinegar . . . and offered it to Jesus to drink.
Matthew 27:48

We confess, Lord Jesus, that when negative events occur in our lives, we can feel far away from you. Please assure us of your presence and show yourself in every event of our lives. In your name we pray. Amen.
Roman soldiers were very advanced in comparison. They would use a sponge with vinegar to wipe thier arse.

They offered Jesus an arse wipe. It was not an offer of kindness.

You blindly know the words but not the details, why or how. Which is why you don't understand it properly. If you did you would think a bit differently about it.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

I don't do this very often Fred....so feel privileged if you might....I want to answer your claim of the Romans using wine vinegar and a sponge to wipe their asses with.... Please read the first line very slowly

Sour wine, a staple in the Roman soldier's diet commonly used by poor people, was certainly considered unpalatable for the Jewish and the Roman upper class to partake of. The sour wine, offered to the Lord Jesus Christ during His crucifixion, has been frequently referred to as vinegar. Vinegar was a drink consisting of wine or a strong drink generally turned sour. In the Old Testament Holy Book of Psalm, vinegar is associated with poison, "They gave me gall for my food, and they gave me vinegar for my drink" (Psalm 68:22; LXX).

Gall, a substance usually associated with bitterness and misfortune, was thought to have been derived from a berry producing plant, often attributed to the poppy plant. The Old Testament Book of Job 20:14 refers to gall as the "gall of an asp". The prophet Hosea (10:4) associates gall with hemlock. In the Pentateuch Book of Deuteronomy, Moses the prophet declared of the wicked, "Their grapes are grapes of gall" (Deuteronomy 32:32).

Offering sour wine combined with gall to our suffering, crucified Lord Jesus may have been a medicinal and merciful gesture to dull the intense pain; but St. Luke in his Holy Gospel implies that the drink offered to our Lord Jesus at His crucifixion was part of the torture. "The soldiers also mocked Him, coming and offering Him sour wine" (Luke 23:36).
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

Your going to offer me scientific fact from the bible!!!!

So they nailed him on a cross and then had a change of heart and gave him a drink?

It was normal to be tied on the cross but with blood sweat and urine along with feces it lubricated the ropes allowing the victim to drop and tighten the ropes making death quicker, pulling at the chest cavity caused asphyxiation.

Jesus was nailed which was unusual.

There was 2 types of Crucifixion, I forget the names of them but there was 2 version where the main beam was attached later and the part in the ground was firmly implanted. Lifting a man nailed to a full cross high enough to be placed in the ground was some serious work even for 5 or 6 Romans.

Jesus was cut down quite early as was normal for aristocracy, how his family wangled that is unkown but it is likely he was not dead. The nailing saved his life.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

remember Fred////" It was you who quoted me originally"

And you are making speculations about how He died....He died on the cross..bleeding to death...
Historians and medical personnel all conclude that He was nailed with spikes thru the wrist area...not through the palms of His hands. Which would have led Him to bleed to death
.they concluded that His weight alone would have caused the spikes to tear through His palms.
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

It does not matter if he was nailed through his wrist or palm at this point, his weight could have been supported by his feet being nailed and not tied as was the traditional method. The meant he could push up on the nails taking weight off the chest cavity.

I do not agree that he bled to death , he suffered asphyxiation but did not die. he would have done had he not been nailed.

He miraculously walked again 3 days later and according to the bible so did all the other graves open and corpse walked the land.

This was put to the test using a volunteer who could not stand longer than 20 minutes with feet free. Of course being able to stand on a plynth made it easier as I have seen depicted in paintings.

The sword thrust through the side was helping him to die quicker and would have had it miraculously missed vital organs ( good old dad). Trying to hurry death was also used by on lookers at burnings at the church courtyard in England. Family and friends would throw tinder on the fire to hurry death and was frowned upon by the Religious nuts that sentenced them. This is clearly seen at the beginning of Elizebeth the film of queen Elizebeth which was historically correct

My source was a scientific documentary on Crucifixion and that of Christ.

Have you see Mel Gibson film/ movie ? I forget the name but its 1.1/2 hours of accurate crucifixion.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

Mel's film was nothing but a snuff film. It MAY have portrayed the truth, or not, and NO ONE knows for sure, one way or the other.

Get off your Hi-Horse Fred, after all, you are NOT an expert on anything.....you are solely opinionated and that is the end of your expertise, opinion.

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

YoDude wrote:Mel's film was nothing but a snuff film. It MAY have portrayed the truth, or not, and NO ONE knows for sure, one way or the other.

Get off your Hi-Horse Fred, after all, you are NOT an expert on anything.....you are solely opinionated and that is the end of your expertise, opinion.

Yo-
Here we go again --wrong time of the month again for Dude, I wrote that over a week ago.

I did not make the film dude I am not mel Gibson'

I seem to remember saying the source came from a documentary I saw, did you read that bit.

So anyway that is your opinion and fortunately that is all it is.

Sometimes you just feel like a fight don't you' ,--- In the dog house again.