Any one got the balls to talk to me about god?

Discuss these subjects at your own risk!
You may find your way to Eden or the garden of Hell!
I will NOT be responsible for where you might end up!
KAJUN
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: HARLEY THE BIG MOTHER

Re: Any one got the balls to talk to me about god?

Post by KAJUN »

You may have some valid points there Fred...........just remember
"You have a friend in Jesus"
The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.

Prodigal_Sun
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: 03 FXDWG

Post by Prodigal_Sun »

You have an "all of nothing" viewpoint that I feel is a fallacy. I don't remember which philosopher said it, but it was something to the effect of 'I can admire certain aspects of a great person, while admonishing their other less desirable tendencies. There was a great musician, who only made music to win the affections of women. I can respect his ability to make beautiful music, while criticizing his philandering ways. This is not hypocrisy.'

I am a Christian, I was raised that way. Was in a long term relationship with an agnostic "witch" and became an atheist in college after she broke up with me. I chose to come back to the teachings of Christ after a time studying philosophy and dabbling in the occult. I like Buddhism, it's atheistic but is about peace, tranquility, and inner reflection in the search for deeper meaning. I don't feel that contradicts the point of Christianity, but rather enhances it.

You spoke of Islam, I won't talk much on that from not having much knowledge on their beliefs and the general hostilities surrounding it. I understand there is no Hell or eternal damnation in that belief, I can respect the freedom that can give. Seems hedonistic, given human nature. Which is probably why they have so many strict brutal laws to keep people from tearing each other apart.

I just keep coming back to Christ as being the Truth and the Way. There is a balance to everything he teaches. One thing weighs against the other. The savagery allows the gentleness. The debauchery, permits piousness. It's humanity. Taking away one causes the collapse of the other.

"Show me a man without vice, and I will show you one without virtue"
:evil: [emoji56]

I have a lot of opinions, some of them professional, some of them educated, most of them I just pulled out of my @$$

Some of my best stupidity is largely self-inflicted. :roll:

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!
My Bike: VS 1400. Royal Enfield

Post by Fred »

Prodigal son, you sound confused to me but I shall not take that as a weakness and prey on you, on the contrary you make some interesting observations.

The fact that you left Christianity and came back is unprecedented in my opinion. Once you have decided that there is no god it is generally for life. I guess you were not so sure.

I prefer atheism, it is clear to me what I am and why I am here. I have absolutely no confusion at all as to who I am and why the planet was formed. Vast scientific information exists on this to the point that I find it confusing as to why people can say ---well where is the missing link?-- that is preposterous remark and stares you in the face, do you have hairy arm pits, hair on you face. - You are the missing link.

There is only 2 stages of life--death and life . before I was born I was dead,--dead for eternity, I am nothing but an animal on the planet. I will return to that state.

How can one be so arrogant as to think they will live in heaven for ever, what with cave men, Henry 8th, world war 1 Germans, thousands from the great plague of London, Napoleon, Japanese children from Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Is it not too ridiculous to contemplate. We suddenly become multi lingual,--- and still born can talk.

Religion is power over people. [emoji106]

Prodigal_Sun
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Prodigal_Sun »

Fred wrote:Prodigal son, you sound confused to me but I shall not take that as a weakness and prey on you, on the contrary you make some interesting observations.

The fact that you left Christianity and came back is unprecedented in my opinion. Once you have decided that there is no god it is generally for life. I guess you were not so sure. ... Religion is power over people. [emoji106]
I'm not confused. I was, then lost my faith. I was certain there was no God, I believed as you do. I experienced things that led me to believe two things. That there is more to the world than "meets the eye". There are things that shouldn't be possible, that can't yet be explained by science. And from that, that the arrogance is not the belief in the "supernatural" but the absolute disbelief in even the possibility of it. I've found that there are equally close-minded people on both sides of the argument.

I agree that too many people claim to be religious and use it to gain power.

Phar·i·see
ˈferəˌsē/
noun
plural noun: Pharisees
a member of an ancient Jewish sect, distinguished by strict observance of the traditional and written law, and commonly held to have pretensions to superior sanctity.
a self-righteous person; a hypocrite.

I think a lot of people in power in the church would be shocked to find what Jesus would have to say to them if he walked up to them today. I think it's something that many of them are aware of and try to avoid, but oftentimes fail. That's another of the beauties of Christianity. You are allowed, even expected to fail. The sin is in not learning from your mistake and not trying to do better the next time.

I have a lot of opinions, some of them professional, some of them educated, most of them I just pulled out of my @$$

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

That's another of the beauties of Christianity. You are allowed, even expected to fail. The sin is in not learning from your mistake and not trying to do better the next time.[/quote]

I think similar but I have other reason for explanations. Your quote above is human. We must fail to learn and the body mutates a good way or a bad way with a good way benefiting the human race, this is simply evolution.

Fail is death success is life. If we just sit back thinking god will help us we will dies on a polluted planet or go to war. They say god helps those who helps them selves,--what they mean is help yourself because god wont. We have only had god for a few thousand years and yet man has lived on the planet millions. Funny time to turn up after the party. Perhaps it was when sooo many people needed controlling.

Why dont muslims eat pork? simply because pork can carry botulism and kill, especially in hot climates where moist muslims live--so how to stop them--- mohamed said so!!!!

Science can explain everything for me. I don't know where you are when you say some things cant be explained---like what?

I see life and the planet so clearly I can explain anything and I know who and what I am. I shall not unfortunately go to an afterlife. This little bed time story was ---and still is to help soldiers die as was the plastic key to Allahs house found round the necks of unarmed Iraqi soldiers in Desert storm.

Wars are started by old men and fought by the young. Would you stand by and see your children kill each other in the back garden playing with the neighbors, would you say it is free will, they can do what they want. But if you were not there!!!!!!!!

MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Post by MadCow »

Fred wrote:
Why dont muslims eat pork? simply because pork can carry botulism and kill, especially in hot climates where moist muslims live--so how to stop them--- mohamed said so!!!!
Any improperly stored food can contain the botulism toxin. ANY.

Food-borne botulism results from contaminated food in which C. botulinum spores have been allowed to germinate in low-oxygen conditions. This typically occurs in home-canned food substances and fermented uncooked dishes. Botulism can be spread in several different ways. The bacterial spores which cause it are common in both soil and water. They produce the botulinum toxin when exposed to low oxygen levels and certain temperatures.

This idea that pork carries botulism is false.

Additionally, the botulism toxin wasn't discovered until 1897. Mohamed didn't have a clue.
-DBTO

KAJUN
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by KAJUN »

MadCow wrote:
Fred wrote:

Food-borne botulism results from contaminated food in which C. botulinum spores have been allowed to germinate in low-oxygen conditions. This typically occurs in home-canned food substances and fermented uncooked dishes. Botulism can be spread in several different ways. The bacterial spores which cause it are common in both soil and water. They produce the botulinum toxin when exposed to low oxygen levels and certain temperatures.

Additionally, the botulism toxin wasn't discovered until 1897. Mohamed didn't have a clue.

Ooops Fred....Open mouth, Insert foot......should have done your homework before making those hyperbole statements which you are good for.
Just grabbing so called facts (sic) out f thin air ain't gonna cut it this time.......
But you sure sounded convincing up to the remark about mohammed [emoji106]

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

KAJUN wrote:
MadCow wrote:
Fred wrote:

Ooops Fred....Open mouth, Insert foot......should have done your homework before making those hyperbole statements which you are good for.
Just grabbing so called facts (sic) out f thin air ain't gonna cut it this time.......
On the contrary Kajun , it is as MC says that any food can harbour untold fatal poisoning, it was not known why at all.

Although you are quite correct that mohamed would not know what botulism is he did however know that pork has this strange effect of killing people. He may well have not known why but just knew that it was bad. Oh what to do---- don't eat it,---why--- god says so.

The Jews also refuse pork but less finatical than the muslims they know that a refrigerator and careful preparation is all that is required. Some--- eat it and enjoy it.

The jews being insatiable drinkers would have learned as the rest of us did that a bacon sandwich and a cup of tea is the best hang over cure.

MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Post by MadCow »

Fred wrote:
KAJUN wrote:
MadCow wrote:
Fred wrote:

On the contrary Kajun , it is as MC says that any food can harbour untold fatal poisoning, it was not known why at all.

Although you are quite correct that mohamed would not know what botulism is he did however know that pork has this strange effect of killing people. He may well have not known why but just knew that it was bad. Oh what to do---- don't eat it,---why--- god says so.

The Jews also refuse pork but less finatical than the muslims they know that a refrigerator and careful preparation is all that is required. Some--- eat it and enjoy it.

The jews being insatiable drinkers would have learned as the rest of us did that a bacon sandwich and a cup of tea is the best hang over cure.
As i understand it, (im too lazy to look it up though), it was in the 1700's that ham was noticed to be causing illnesses...I can't recall if it was cured or uncured or whatever, but at the end of the day...it was first seen in pork...this could be why Mohamed mentioned pork/pigs...dunno really. At any rate, it had nothing to do with God really...the confusing part is how it got twisted up as being Gods word...when it's really only about proper food preparation...
-DBTO

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

MadCow wrote: As i understand it, (im too lazy to look it up though), it was in the 1700's that ham was noticed to be causing illnesses...I can't recall if it was cured or uncured or whatever, but at the end of the day...it was first seen in pork...this could be why Mohamed mentioned pork/pigs...dunno really. At any rate, it had nothing to do with God really...the confusing part is how it got twisted up as being Gods word...when it's really only about proper food preparation...
That is my point exactly, everything was gods doing in those days. The sun coming up , the sun going down child death. If you dont know why--then its gods will. Oh Moses why do people die when they eat pork and not buffalo, oh err I dont know I will ask god. Moses did you ask god why --oh yes errmm he said dont eat pork at all from now on ok? well this guy didnt die he just got stomach ache and the shits,---look I don't know ok so shut up, god works in mysterious ways. Pig for sale any one want to buy pigs.

It was control of many people that was getting out of hand. Moses was so frustrated he went up the mountain to think. He got this wonderful idea of saying he had spoken to god and came down with rules of life that god had said they must do,--oh and by the way all punishment is death if you read the ten commandments in its entirety,---why death? because god loves us,--- even love thy mother and father--- if not death, incredible loving god.

They had no police,---this was policing.

What else could they do but insist it was gods way--they had no other laws. It was ALL about control with a made up god. Some one has to be in charge---why you-- errrr because I have spoken to god, have a beard and carry a staff,---oh ok.

Not many people in history have brazenly announced that they have spoken to god. It would have been blasphemous but-- Moses was thought to be an Egyptian prince and could get away with all this crap. He thought he was so powerful. Turned out he was just a Hebrew slave but his arrogance had already set in.

Try running down the street outside Mc Donalds shouting that you have spoken to god, no believers will believe you. In fact you will be hated for it as was Jesus.

What is absolutely mind blowing astonishing is that people in USA still believe it all word for word and drive cars.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

You know when you are dealing with a Closed-minded fraud when you witness so many Assumptions, Baseless Guesswork and Out-and-out Fabrications as are seen above. :roll:

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

Prodigal_Sun
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Prodigal_Sun »

I understand religious leaders of their day wore many hats. They were wise, their ruler sought out their counsel. Which way is better, which way is best? Do we seek out peace or war today? What about tomorrow? Or ten generations from now?

I think most atheists falacy about God is thinking Him a wishing well. "I pray for a million dollars! Where's my money? There is no God." Maybe you don't need that kind of money. Maybe that amount of cash would do you mlre harm than good. Maybe the only reason I'm alive today is I couldn't afford that 165mph Superbike when I was 17 years old. For example.

As a man of science try this experiment. Instead of asking for things, ask for answers. Instead of asking for a million dollars, ask what would give you a million dollars worth of happiness. Sometimes the answer is right in front of your eyes, and you are just too "blind" to see it. Other times, there is no answer, and that's ok too.

If you are afraid of ridicule, call it "tapping into your subconscious"

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

Yes I know I am in this conversation later than others. But my opinion still counts for something. :lolfall:
Fred wrote:Thank you for your prayers but you might want to use them to better use for some one more needy. Yes I am an athiest and yet I seem to get cut a good deal on a lot of things, I cant complain.
First off fred to become a believer you need to change that better than thou attitude. Oh and from what I have seen of your posting you always complain.
If there is a god ( ha ha) he seems to have one eye on me too, but then why should he? He does not seem to have any time for others that need him badly and they believe in him. This is a rotten trick to play on some one.
Oh there is a God and he really doesn't spend all day thinking of things to do to you or anyone else. As has been said you were given a free will to do as you please and you have decided to do your best to make others have a living hell on earth. Wait, there is no hell. :bonk: So you must waste all your time making peoples lives feel like hell if there was one. Grow some balls and become something other than a pimple on a real persons ass.
It breaks my heart to see god loving people die from bone cancer or brain tumour, these and thousands of other death reasons are not from bad life style but designed by god himself, What is bone cancer for?
You have to have a heart to break it. For someone who doesn't believe in God you sure know a lot about him and what he can do. To understand what God is all about you would have to study the bible for ages and then if you are lucky you might understand what God is all about. Personally I have chosen to read and believe in the Conversations With God books. In them and the bible you will find out that nobody really dies but that the body dies and the soul lives on. All the misery that happens on the Earth are man made not because God has decided to punish someone. That includes all diseases, storms of all types and personal trauma, none of those or any other trauma you can think of is caused by God.
Why does a volcano blow up and kill thousands, why make a tsunami flood land killing thousands, why why.
Why does fred live and others that believe die? why why Maybe you can ask God for the answer when your body dies.
The only reason that explains it perfectly is that god does not exist :ahha: Now it all fits and I understand.
The only reason that explains it perfectly is because God is experiencing life thru the way you live life. Actually it is from the way you react to situations that he learns what it feels like to experience all things. If you really understood you would be a believer and not a non-believer.

It is getting late and I am just getting started on this thread, but as Arnie says.... I'll be back. [emoji2]
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Seems like Fred doesn't want to respond to your comments John
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

Suzuki Johnny wrote:Seems like Fred doesn't want to respond to your comments John
He'll get around to it in his own sweet time. He's like Obama, he won't stay gone long enough and when he comes back he is a PITA. :bang:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

fred only responds to the posts that he thinks he has an advantage .........he knows he's kicking a dead horse..
Just using the name of God in his posts he's admitting that God does exists
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

MajorWolf
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: vs1400 cbr1100xx etv1000 St955

Post by MajorWolf »

BlacktopTravelr wrote:
" To understand what God is all about you would have to study the bible for ages and then if you are lucky you might understand what God is all about."

It is getting late and I am just getting started on this thread, but as Arnie says.... I'll be back. [emoji2]
The thing that gets me about all these religions, is that they all seem to think that God wrote a book.. When that's simply just not the case.

Maybe someone experienced that power and wrote a book..

The experience of God, is within you, simple.

That Love is within you, simple.

So if your handkerchief is in your pocket, why read books on someone else's idea about it, when you can just reach into your pocket, touch, and "know" for yourself.

You have to "know" for yourself.
And when you experience that power, that feeling, then the most incredible thing happens, you "know"

You don't need to have a hook to hang it on, you can just experience it, and enjoy.

Christ may have been a great teacher and master, and I have no doubt that if he were here today, the first thing he would do is abolish the churches and dissolve the religion that has been started in his name.
And tell people to just experience, enjoy, and get on with their lives.

But noone would believe him, and if he started to show any such powers beyond the norm then would be arrested and jailed.

Don't get me wrong, there are some good concepts in Christianity and other religions, but sometimes people follow these things, not because of personal experience, but more like it being an insurance policy.

And if you did experience that power, you would probably not be following a religion.

Heaven is here on Earth.

This is where you can experience the infinity within.
For a short time, the infinite has come together with the finite, and you exist.

The God you seek is within you

The Love you seek is within you

The Answers you seek are within you

Not outside.

Within.

That power dwells within your heart, call it God if you will.
It matters not what you call it.

Just experience it.

Note : EXPERIENCE.

It has to be experienced.

Describing the food on a menu, reading about the food on a menu, will not satiate your hunger.
You have to actually eat the food.
Belief in the food is not enough.

KAJUN
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by KAJUN »

And faith will lead you to the promised land of milk and honey....God will forgive any sinner............and I am one

My faith isn't in religion...it's in Jesus Christ the Almighty God

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

KAJUN wrote:And faith will lead you to the promised land of milk and honey....God will forgive any sinner............and I am one

You sure you got the right religion, there is 1500 of them. Christianity and islam is the most violent. Many to chose from . it is a very slight chance you are correct.

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

KAJUN wrote:And faith will lead you to the promised land of milk and honey....God will forgive any sinner............and I am one

If god will forgive any sinner what is hell for.

Ha ha ha I cant believe I am conversing with some one that believes in God. Im English we don't do god any more ,Churches are for sale. You wont get a job in UK if you say you believe in god its almost admitting mental illness. You would have more chance of employment if you were epileptic or blind ---oh- same thing.