Final day of judgement

Discuss these subjects at your own risk!
You may find your way to Eden or the garden of Hell!
I will NOT be responsible for where you might end up!
Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!
My Bike: VS 1400. Royal Enfield

Final day of judgement

Post by Fred »

Saw a man get his final day of judgement today. He laid in a box at the top of the steps leading to the oven. It was just the most beautifull day with monkeys whooping and a blue sky. I thought what a perfect day to leave the planet.

The Watt (temple) was in a valley with a palm tree country road passing by, temples of gold and figurines of animals , tigers, horses standing in the tall grass . Very quiet and serene as a few cars arrived to see him go. The perimeter wall was adorned with Gold Buddahs and it was just soo quiet.

May people came but not as many as I thought for a 61 year old Man --ex police and publican married and left a Thai wife and an English daughter.

This was his day of judgment. It was a short service with a speech from his daughter in English, another from his Thai daughter in Thai. He was ceremoniously doused in Parraffin and lit by a monk in robes of saffron yellow, the iron door closed and locked as the smoke came form the stack.

Garry was a difficult person, he did not like all, that was well known but he liked me--he told me.

This was his last day. Those who turned up had little to say.

He would not be aware of his judgement and knowing him as I did he would not care much, but we all new. RIP Garry who no longer exists. 1955 -2017

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Re: Final day of judgement

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

What you saw was the final day of his human body and there is no way you can prove it was a day of judgement as the soul doesn't get a day of judgement. You lose again freddy boy.
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

Sarge1400
Practicing Bicycling
My Bike: 1993 VS1400

Post by Sarge1400 »

BlacktopTravelr wrote:What you saw was the final day of his human body and there is no way you can prove it was a day of judgement as the soul doesn't get a day of judgement. You lose again freddy boy.
Nor can you prove the existence of a 'soul'. Stalemate.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

Sarge1400 wrote:
BlacktopTravelr wrote:What you saw was the final day of his human body and there is no way you can prove it was a day of judgement as the soul doesn't get a day of judgement. You lose again freddy boy.
Nor can you prove the existence of a 'soul'. Stalemate.
You are correct I can't nor do I want to. I am sure there are a few people walking around that are soulless to begin with. Fred is probably one of those few. I am also sure that if you did a youtube search you could find a few videos saying there is such a thing as a soul.

KAJUN
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: HARLEY THE BIG MOTHER

Post by KAJUN »

Then why is the word "soul" listed in the dictionary???

soul
sōl/
the spiritual or immaterial part of a human being or animal, regarded as immortal.

the essence or embodiment of a specified quality.
"he was the soul of discretion"

synonyms: embodiment, personification, incarnation, epitome, quintessence, essence
The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.

Sarge1400
Practicing Bicycling

Post by Sarge1400 »

KAJUN wrote:Then why is the word "soul" listed in the dictionary???

soul
sōl/
the spiritual or immaterial part of a human being or animal, regarded as immortal.

the essence or embodiment of a specified quality.
"he was the soul of discretion"

synonyms: embodiment, personification, incarnation, epitome, quintessence, essence
LMAO!! Ok, I'll play:

u·ni·corn
ˈyo͞onəˌkôrn/
noun
noun: unicorn; plural noun: unicorns

a mythical animal typically represented as a horse with a single straight horn projecting from its forehead.
a heraldic representation of a unicorn, with a twisted horn, a deer's feet, a goat's beard, and a lion's tail.

I guess unicorns are real, since it's in the dictionary.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

Is the Do Do bird real? Just because you can't see one doesn't mean it isn't or wasn't real and that goes for the Unicorn as well. :blink: [space] :OhNo;

Sarge1400
Practicing Bicycling

Post by Sarge1400 »

BlacktopTravelr wrote:Is the Do Do bird real? Just because you can't see one doesn't mean it isn't or wasn't real and that goes for the Unicorn as well. :blink: [space] :OhNo;
Do we have fossil evidence, or even ANY evidence, for the existence of unicorns?

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

Sarge1400 wrote:
BlacktopTravelr wrote:Is the Do Do bird real? Just because you can't see one doesn't mean it isn't or wasn't real and that goes for the Unicorn as well. :blink: [space] :OhNo;
Do we have fossil evidence, or even ANY evidence, for the existence of unicorns?
Not personally, but they are mentioned in the Bible a couple of times. https://answersingenesis.org/extinct-an ... the-bible/

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

The Unicorn definition says it is mythical, the definition of the soul doesn't say it is mythical...
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Sarge1400
Practicing Bicycling

Post by Sarge1400 »

BlacktopTravelr wrote:
Sarge1400 wrote:
Not personally, but they are mentioned in the Bible a couple of times. https://answersingenesis.org/extinct-an ... the-bible/
If being mentioned in a book is your standard for evidence, then apparently all sorts of fantastical creatures have existed over the millennia; griffins, chupacabras, and centaurs, oh my!

Sarge1400
Practicing Bicycling

Post by Sarge1400 »

Herb wrote:The Unicorn definition says it is mythical, the definition of the soul doesn't say it is mythical...
The definition for Ganesha doesn't say he's mythological, does that make him real?

KAJUN
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: HARLEY THE BIG MOTHER

Post by KAJUN »

Unicorn has no synonyms......Check
The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.

Sarge1400
Practicing Bicycling

Post by Sarge1400 »

KAJUN wrote:Unicorn has no synonyms......Check
Genasha has no synonyms......check.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

Sarge1400 wrote:
Herb wrote:The Unicorn definition says it is mythical, the definition of the soul doesn't say it is mythical...
The definition for Ganesha doesn't say he's mythological, does that make him real?
I don't know about that. I only pointed out that a Unicorn is stated to be mythical. Souls and deities are left up to the individual's own beliefs.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Sarge1400
Practicing Bicycling

Post by Sarge1400 »

Herb wrote:
Sarge1400 wrote:
I don't know about that. I only pointed out that a Unicorn is stated to be mythical. Souls and deities are left up to the individual's own beliefs.
Souls and deities also fit the definition of 'myth'.

myth
miTH/
noun
noun: myth; plural noun: myths

a traditional story, especially one concerning the early history of a people or explaining some natural or social phenomenon, and typically involving supernatural beings or events.
synonyms: folk tale, folk story, legend, tale, story, fable, saga, mythos, lore, folklore, mythology

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

Sarge1400 wrote:
Herb wrote:
Sarge1400 wrote:

myth
miTH/
noun

a traditional story, especially one concerning the early history of a people or explaining some natural or social phenomenon, and typically involving supernatural beings or events.
synonyms: folk tale, folk story, legend, tale, story, fable, saga, mythos, lore, folklore, mythology
But souls and deities are NOT defined as myth in the definition, while the unicorn is.

Huge difference.

Sarge1400
Practicing Bicycling

Post by Sarge1400 »

Herb wrote:
Sarge1400 wrote:
Herb wrote:
Sarge1400 wrote:

myth
miTH/
noun

But souls and deities are NOT defined as myth in the definition, while the unicorn is.

Huge difference.
You're splitting hairs. One is defined, one fits the definition. What, exactly, is the "huge difference"?

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

Sarge1400 wrote:
Herb wrote:
Sarge1400 wrote:
Herb wrote:
Sarge1400 wrote:

myth
miTH/
noun

Huge difference.
You're splitting hairs. One is defined, one fits the definition. What, exactly, is the "huge difference"?
If you don't understand it right now, no amount of explanation will ever help. It is called faith and it is what is required for all religions.

Since you don't' believe in a soul or a diety, they are a myth to you.

So why are you on this board? Just trolling?

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

Herb wrote:If you don't understand it right now, no amount of explanation will ever help. It is called faith and it is what is required for all religions.

Since you don't' believe in a soul or a diety, they are a myth to you.

So why are you on this board? Just trolling?
Good points Herb.

Trying to discuss God and Religion with them is much akin to trying to talk cooking with someone who has lacks the sensory perception of taste. Sight, sound, touch and smell is all they have, and thus cannot fathom the best part of Food.

As that metaphor applies here, all they know is only what Science and their 5 senses tells them. [space] Anything that is beyond that, they can tell themselves doesn't exist.....for it is all that their limited 'enlightenment' of Science and 5 senses tells them can be.

Just look at what Fred and Half-crazy post. [space] Anytime mention is made of God, Soul, etc....out comes their Yardstick of Science and such,..never able to see that their 3-foot Yardstick is just not big enough to "measure" the existence of that which is FAR beyond it.

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!