Christianity

Discuss these subjects at your own risk!
You may find your way to Eden or the garden of Hell!
I will NOT be responsible for where you might end up!
ddog6900
Joined a 250cc Club

Christianity

Post by ddog6900 »

Why is Christianity the only faith discussed in the Faith and Religion section? Seems as soon as you havea differing opinion, you're ostracized.

And by discussed, I mean preached.

I don't push my beliefs, why do certain Christians feel the need to?

Tolerance my ass.

Sent from my Nexus 5. Don't worry iPhone, you'll get here, someday.

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: ZG-XII and VS-XIV
Moniker: Postmaster

Re: Christianity

Post by Jolsen »

I would comment on this but being it is against my religion to say such things I shall hold my tongue.

~Jols3n
via Tapatalk on Droid Turbo
VS1400 Wiring Diagram INFOWARS
Its not my job to prove myself every time I state facts. Its YOUR job to look it up and find out what I say is true.

ddog6900
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by ddog6900 »

Jolsen wrote:I would comment on this but being it is against my religion to say such things I shall hold my tongue.

~Jols3n
via Tapatalk on Droid Turbo
Blasphemy. :lmao:

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: 1996 VS1400

Post by Larry TN »

I cannot believe anything that I do not believe. There is no other way for me to live and die than by following the example and teachings of Jesus Christ. I do not preach, I merely voice my belief. I am no more qualified to preach than the revs al & jesse.
If someone offers you a cigarette, and you do not smoke, or a drink after you quit, do you get upset?
"Give the people you have offended time to apologize." -Rev Samuel Porter Jones (in 1906)

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

ddog6900 wrote:Why is Christianity the only faith discussed in the Faith and Religion section? Seems as soon as you havea differing opinion, you're ostracized.

Tolerance my ass.
I am quite tolerant of the non belief of others. It's when they say theirs is the norm, and acceptable, and modern way, like the LGBT crowd does, that we become at odds. Things that are normal, etc. do not need legislation to make them normal or acceptable. Abnormal and artificial things require such measures.
You cannot legislate morals or character where none exists, nor hide it where it does.

Show mw a valid alternative that is anything more than a cult, no matter how many have been led astray by the cult.
"Give the people you have offended time to apologize." -Rev Samuel Porter Jones (in 1906)

ddog6900
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by ddog6900 »

Larry TN wrote:
ddog6900 wrote:Why is Christianity the only faith discussed in the Faith and Religion section? Seems as soon as you havea differing opinion, you're ostracized.

Tolerance my ass.
I am quite tolerant of the non belief of others. It's when they say theirs is the norm, and acceptable, and modern way, like the LGBT crowd does, that we become at odds. Things that are normal, etc. do not need legislation to make them normal or acceptable. Abnormal and artificial things require such measures.
You cannot legislate morals or character where none exists, nor hide it where it does.

Show mw a valid alternative that is anything more than a cult, no matter how many have been led astray by the cult.
Any faith/religion can be/turn into a cult. Most are just socially acceptable ones. Concepts like a round world, evolution and space travel were not always the "norm". Look at us now. Have fun in your narrow minded, geocentric little world. Now, let's break the tension with humor.

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

ddog6900 wrote: Any faith/religion can be/turn into a cult. Most are just socially acceptable ones. Concepts like a round world, evolution and space travel were not always the "norm". Look at us now. Have fun in your narrow minded, geocentric little world. Now, let's break the tension with humor.
Where is the humor of an eternity in hell?
In my narrow minded travels, I have seen quite a lot of this geocentric little world, even aside from my military service. Do we really want to resort to name calling? While I no longer have a fondness for it, but am still very adept, although I never feel any better after putting children in their proper place, I never shy away from the fray. Have you nothing to do, or just nothing better to do?
I can always turn the other cheek and forgive someone after we are done.

ddog6900
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by ddog6900 »

Larry TN wrote:
ddog6900 wrote: Any faith/religion can be/turn into a cult. Most are just socially acceptable ones. Concepts like a round world, evolution and space travel were not always the "norm". Look at us now. Have fun in your narrow minded, geocentric little world. Now, let's break the tension with humor.
Where is the humor of an eternity in hell?
In my narrow minded travels, I have seen quite a lot of this geocentric little world, even aside from my military service. Do we really want to resort to name calling? While I no longer have a fondness for it, but am still very adept, although I never feel any better after putting children in their proper place, I never shy away from the fray. Have you nothing to do, or just nothing better to do?
I can always turn the other cheek and forgive someone after we are done.
I fail to see any name calling in my previous post, nor a reference of humor in eternal damnation. Perhaps you are reading too deeply into my posts.

ddog6900
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by ddog6900 »

This is directed at everyone that replied to the thread.

Ostracized, yes. Ever felt like you're on the outside looking in? That's how I feel in any religious debate I've ever been involved in. If there's enough "believers" involved in it, it's not a debate. It's a preaching session. In fact, usually it's a conversion session. There's a whole section here devoted to religion/faith, yet only one is even mentioned.

And I don't know if it makes those"believers" feel better to spout their beliefs to everyone or start a thread stating theirs a problem with one of our new board members because he chooses not to walk with "Him".

You what, DM was right. Posting in this section day after day spouting how you feel about your faith really turns people away. You don't encourage participation, you point out the short comings of others. Feel better? You didn't accomplish anything.

I'm not going to point out the millions of short comings with the Christian faith, even though I could write a novel on it. Remember that high road Larry, I'm here, where are you.

Why not just rename this the Christianity 101 Section, No other faiths allowed and I'll just stay out for good. I have a moral compass, and I don't need beliefs in something I can't see, touch or smell to direct it.

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

I would not feel out of place in the saloon, thats not the way it is. What a lot of people call intimidation is often a personal thing. Like a self inflicted wound. Liberals come to mind. Buzzwords.
I would feel out of place in a coven, since I do not belong.

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

ddog6900 wrote:This is directed at everyone that replied to the thread.

Ostracized, yes. Ever felt like you're on the outside looking in? That's how I feel in any religious debate I've ever been involved in. If there's enough "believers" involved in it, it's not a debate. It's a preaching session. In fact, usually it's a conversion session. There's a whole section here devoted to religion/faith, yet only one is even mentioned.

I'm not going to point out the millions of short comings with the Christian faith, even though I could write a novel on it. Remember that high road Larry, I'm here, where are you.
Right here, but these are are not religious debates. The shortcomings are not in the Christian faith, but in the misinterpretation of that faith by men. I have found little religion in the New Testament. These are comments on truth. There is no other faith, other than in Christ. No wonder you are confused.
You are actually on the outside if you don't believe in Christ. You may have trouble being happy in your misery. Perhaps one day you will awaken to the fact that there is absolutely nothing wrong with the teachings of Christ. Nothing wrong with the Bible. There is nothing wrong with trying to keep the 10 commandments, though good luck with that. There is nothing wrong with knowing right from wrong and sharing that knowledge with total strangers. There is nothing wrong with right.
If you really feel left out, know that I am not responsible for your feelings.

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

ADMINISTRATORS, Please change the name of this thread to: "Christianity 101" That way the atheists will know in advance that the truth is being discussed, and the will not wander in unprepared to take part.
Their feelings will then remain unencumbered by the burden of the truth.

If this is not possible, I will start another post with the requested title.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

Start a new thread if you want.

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Keep this one civil.

Yo-

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

Thank you, it might be better to let a post with this title run for as long as people are still interested enough to see what Christianity is, or what is being said about Christ.

ddog6900
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by ddog6900 »

YoDude wrote:Keep this one civil.

Yo-
I kept it civil. Posted before my wife is Christian. I have no problem tolerating the views of others. I do have a problem, however, with someone disrespecting others beliefs and stating that theirs in the on true faith. I'm done with this. Trash it if you like. I never asked for it to be unlocked.

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

ddog6900 wrote: I'm done with this. Trash it if you like. I never asked for it to be unlocked.
I pruned away some of the brush for a clearer view. Perhaps he will come back after some time has elapsed.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Tolerance my ass.

Think about it. It's because no one else is making comment on any other religion, how hard is that to understand?

Yo-

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

They say that all roads lead to Rome, and it appears that it was once accepted as a truth. I submit for your serious consideration that any valid search for faith will culminate in Christianity. The Way, the Truth and the Life are not idle promises to me. I prefer to let Hollywood and DC use deceit and lies to their own ends. I have found no such deception or lies in the teachings of Christ.

"Lies are a dime a dozen, the truth is free." - Amos Moses, perhaps

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!
My Bike: VS 1400. Royal Enfield

Post by Fred »

I prefer to let Hollywood and DC used deceit and lies to their own ends. I have found no such deception or lies in the teachings of Christ.
Ha ha ha, Oh ho ho ho larry larry there is none so blind as those who WILL not see. I don't know if you serious or joking but a classic quote is that. Religion is the biggest lie ever told. Its the lies and deception that disgust atheists and what makes them atheists.

I started a thread on 'quotes from the bible' --I would like your opinion on that please.