Winter Bible Study?

Discuss these subjects at your own risk!
You may find your way to Eden or the garden of Hell!
I will NOT be responsible for where you might end up!
Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: 1996 VS1400

Winter Bible Study?

Post by Larry TN »

Since cc keeps putting pieces of verses up, is anyone interested in doing a Bible Study of the NEW TESTAMENT during the winter when we aren't riding as much. We would start with Matthew, then see how far we could get before the cold and wet takes a spring break. I don't do polls, so if you are interested, just start.
"Give the people you have offended time to apologize." -Rev Samuel Porter Jones (in 1906)

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Re: Winter Bible Study?

Post by YoDude »

Oh Dear! :eek: I knew it.... :Umm: I just knew it was gonna happen!

Ya know, it can't be a bad thing. Right?....Even though I don't follow the teaching like others here may, I see nothing wrong with it as long as it's kept here where it belongs. I actually do come here and read the stuff you guys are posting, mostly because it's part of my job but also because I like to see what you're saying. That don't mean ya'll are gonna make me a believer, but, it is interesting.

With that said, have at it as you wish to do here. Keith has full reign over the topics and posts in this section as well as globally (all other forums). Be aware, if it starts spilling out into any other section, Mantis will likely be very pissed off with that. Just don't piss of the Mantis.

Think of it this way.....even though it's behind a closed door, anyone that enters, has opened the door unto themselves. 'Nuff said! :XmasTree:

:rock: ON!

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

By chapter. We would discuss verses, or a number of verses to se what they mean to us on a spiritual or literal level. We would only reference the Old Testament when the reference to a passage was blatant, and that breifly. The gospel is the target. I don't need to be in charge, the Holy Spirit will do that, but I would like to be involved.
"Give the people you have offended time to apologize." -Rev Samuel Porter Jones (in 1906)

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

YoDude wrote:Oh Dear! :eek: I knew it.... :Umm: I just knew it was gonna happen!

Ya know, it can't be a bad thing. Right?....Even though I don't follow the teaching like others here may, I see nothing wrong with it as long as it's kept here where it belongs. I actually do come here and read the stuff you guys are posting, mostly because it's part of my job but also because I like to see what you're saying. That don't mean ya'll are gonna make me a believer, but, it is interesting.

With that said, have at it as you wish to do here. Keith has full reign over the topics and posts in this section as well as globally (all other forums). Be aware, if it starts spilling out into any other section, Mantis will likely be very pissed off with that. Just don't piss of the Mantis.

Think of it this way.....even though it's behind a closed door, anyone that enters, has opened the door unto themselves. 'Nuff said! :XmasTree:

:rock: ON!
Yo-
As Elvis was known to say, "THANKEE VERMUCH"

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

If it ends up being just you and me, so be it. Have your people call my people, Lets do Scripture.

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

Hey, hold on. We are guests here, invited, registered guests. We need to remember to also post motorcycle posts as well as anything else. Thats what brought this group together.
On another note; We are not yet in communist anything, we are merely being herded in that direction by trained... educated... subsidized, uh... idiots who think they know whats best for people whom they have never met. They were not breast fed as infants, and are lacking a fundamental nutrient that would enable them to pass their congested mental excrement the next time they sit down to relieve themselves. IMHO.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Larry TN wrote:Hey, hold on. We are guests here, invited, registered guests. We need to remember to also post motorcycle posts as well as anything else. Thats what brought this group together.
On another note; We are not yet in communist anything, we are merely being herded in that direction by trained... educated... subsidized, uh... idiots who think they know whats best for people whom they have never met. They were not breast fed as infants, and are lacking a fundamental nutrient that would enable them to pass their congested mental excrement the next time they sit down to relieve themselves. IMHO.
OH MY! :eek:

Yo-

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

I think you're right!

Yo-

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

YoDude wrote:
Larry TN wrote:Hey, hold on. We are guests here, invited, registered guests. We need to remember to also post motorcycle posts as well as anything else. Thats what brought this group together.
OH MY! :eek:

Yo-
I My Humble Opinion....

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

Matthew 1:1-17
1:1 The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham.

The Following Is From Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary; Matt. 1:1-17

Matthew, surnamed Levi, before his conversion was a publican, or tax-gatherer under the Romans at Capernaum. He is generally allowed to have written his Gospel before any other of the evangelists. The contents of this Gospel, and the evidence of ancient writers, show that it was written primarily for the use of the Jewish nation. The fulfilment of prophecy was regarded by the Jews as strong evidence, therefore this is especially dwelt upon by Matthew. Here are particularly selected such parts of our Saviour's history and discourses as were best suited to awaken the Jewish nation to a sense of their sins; to remove their erroneous expectations of an earthly kingdom; to abate their pride and self-conceit; to teach them the spiritual nature and extent of the gospel; and to prepare them for the admission of the Gentiles into the church.

Keith, If you want to memorize the generations, have at it. After that, proceed to verse 18. It is apparent that fathers knew their children, and children knew their father, for 28 generations in a row.