Okay, I gotsa question?

Discuss these subjects at your own risk!
You may find your way to Eden or the garden of Hell!
I will NOT be responsible for where you might end up!
Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Re: Okay, I gotsa question?

Post by Herb »

Tbeck wrote:Designer, there are two major divisions within Islam, Shia and Sunni. I never could get my head around the fact that we ally ourselves with sunni's and seem to distance ourselves from Shia. We have repeatedly been attacked by Sunni's, so who's the real enemy?
I am not worried like some about my friends religious practices. Yep he's got some belief's that differ greatly from mine, but that's never kept us from being friend's. It is also why he returned to Egypt and why I live here.
Let me ask you this question: if you are Christian, do you adhere to the 10 commandments? That's Sharia, aka the path of God. And do you support the Constitution? That's quasi.
So how's your stance different? It is only the LEVEL of societal conviction that differs. I like our freedom to choose for ourselves the level of conviction to our individual beliefs. Other societies have more conviction, sometimes imposed.
I think that addresses your question
Whow!

You REALLY can't see the difference between the 2???

If an educated person like you can't see the difference between Christianity and islam, and between the Constitution and Sharia, there is nothing that we can say that will do you any good...
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

Herb, there is a distinct difference but you've obviously drawn a different conclusion than I. Probably has a lot to do with actual experience. How many year's have you spent in the middle east again, I must have forgotten?
You probably need to go back and reread what I posted. I didn't compare Sharia to the Constitution, that would be stupid. Sharia is religious, aka God's path, like the 10 commandments. No, quasi law is secular like the Constitution. Hope that clears it up for you.

Oh and someone asked about Muslim countries taking in refugee's? Jordan, Lebanon, and the largest refugee camp in the world is in Kenya. That's just a few. For the record those are the nation's that should take in Muslim refugees. As I posted earlier the west is not a good fit.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

Tbeck wrote:Herb, there is a distinct difference but you've obviously drawn a different conclusion than I. Probably has a lot to do with actual experience. How many year's have you spent in the middle east again, I must have forgotten?
You probably need to go back and reread what I posted. I didn't compare Sharia to the Constitution, that would be stupid. Sharia is religious, aka God's path, like the 10 commandments. No, quasi law is secular like the Constitution. Hope that clears it up for you.

Oh and someone asked about Muslim countries taking in refugee's? Jordan, Lebanon, and the largest refugee camp in the world is in Kenya. That's just a few. For the record those are the nation's that should take in Muslim refugees. As I posted earlier the west is not a good fit.
Sorry dude, I only spent 7 months in the asshole of the world that is known as the islamic middle iast. However, I have managed to read the koran, twice, once in it's current form, and once in it's original, chronological form.

And to point out a couple of flaws in your reasoning, with islam, there is NO non-religious law (ie, secular law), sharia law is islamic law. Under islam all law stems from the koran.

The koran is the equivalent of our constitution, all sharia law is derived from it.

The koran says that all infidels, that is you, me and all non islamic people, are all lower than dog shit and we have 3 choices, convert to islam, bow down to islam as the superior force and pay the non muslim tax, or die. There is NO other way for us to survive, according to the koran... AND this includes your "friend", he cannot befriend you because the koran forbids it.

Now, according me there is a 4th and 5th option, muslims will have to change, or die.

Your "friend" is either one of the muslims that has changed OR he is lying to you until he has to kill you. IF he is truly your friend, he is under a sentence of death, according to the koran.

There is no way that a muslim can EVER be a real citizen of the USA, or any western country, because we do not live under sharia law...
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

Herb, I am first gonna say you are full of crap! YOU read the Koran? Really? When did you learn Arabic?
7 whole month's and I am sure you were emersed with the local population? I'm a doctor because I stayed at a Holiday inn :lmao:

You might wanna go do some research for yourself and quit believing everything you read on the net. Sharia is religious, quasi is secular, and an infidel is a pagan, not Christian or Jew.
You are probably right about the infidel thing with regards to me, since I am not either of the aforementioned.

Glad you agree with me in that Islam isn't going to assimilate into Western society.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

Okay, so......if they are NOT EVER going to assimilate, they must go, all of them!
We absolutely do not want parallel societies living in the USA. Probably already too late considering places like China Town. They need to go back to the basics. WE SPEAK ENGLISH, LEARN IT OR GET OUT! Enough of all this multi-language BS that has been introduced. No Spanish on one side English on the other. That all just HAD to be caused by the libs! I can see they would be more than willing to "help out" our southern neighbors, because they are important to us. The only thing that has done is to enable the beginning of the crap we have going on now. The libs are bending over to "help" all these people and yet they don't even blink an eye when shit starts going the wrong way. The only thing they can think of to do is blame the republicans for all the shit they [the libs] allowed.

Where's that damn puke emot?

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

Tbeck wrote:Herb, I am first gonna say you are full of crap! YOU read the Koran? Really? When did you learn Arabic?
7 whole month's and I am sure you were emersed with the local population? I'm a doctor because I stayed at a Holiday inn :lmao:

You might wanna go do some research for yourself and quit believing everything you read on the net. Sharia is religious, quasi is secular, and an infidel is a pagan, not Christian or Jew.
You are probably right about the infidel thing with regards to me, since I am not either of the aforementioned.

Glad you agree with me in that Islam isn't going to assimilate into Western society.
You are what is "teaching" our kids?

The koran has been translated into 114 languages, 1 of them happens to be in English.

Whattta dolt.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

Herb, "A" translation has been made into English? Really, Lol... Which one did you read twice? And more importantly did you pick up and read one of the many companion text to break down the passages for you?

Did you get the 114 number from the internet? You probably should have looked to see which of the translations for the translation were used for those 114?
So tell us all then, what did you "specifically" learn from reading the codex twice? Be specific now because I am a historian of ancient history???

Careful with the name calling because you're on very thin ice with your assertions, and I am being VERY restrained. That could change if you can't keep it civil.

Yes I do educate our youth. You should attend some of my classes. Consider that an invitation.

Yo, couldn't agree more.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

A Simple Translation of The Holy Quran (1993), by Dr. Mir Aneesuddin. This translation uses Simple English, also called Basic English. It is published by the Islamic Academy of Sciences, Hyderabad, India.
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

BT, and what did you find interesting within those books?
I am just really interested in what folk's are discovering from the books.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

Tbeck wrote:Herb, "A" translation has been made into English? Really, Lol... Which one did you read twice? And more importantly did you pick up and read one of the many companion text to break down the passages for you?

Did you get the 114 number from the internet? You probably should have looked to see which of the translations for the translation were used for those 114?
So tell us all then, what did you "specifically" learn from reading the codex twice? Be specific now because I am a historian of ancient history???

Careful with the name calling because you're on very thin ice with your assertions, and I am being VERY restrained. That could change if you can't keep it civil.

Yes I do educate our youth. You should attend some of my classes. Consider that an invitation.

Yo, couldn't agree more.
Damn right I got the number from the internet. The fact has been published in many different places, go look for yourself.

BTW, Do you think all of the people that convert to islam learn arabic first???

I learned that islam is NOT anything that is "peaceful". The only peace and freedom, in islam, is through death.

I learned that the way it is written today makes no sense...

I learned that the way the koran is arranged today is NOT the way it was originally written. Go look for the chronological koran, THEN it will make sense.

I learned that islam is a plan to conquer the world, in any way it can.

While I was in Saudi, I learned that there is NO FORGIVENESS in islam.

They beheaded a man and a woman because they accidently ended up in a room together, without a chaperone, before they were married. Even though her uncle was in the apartment, just in another room, the uncle turned them into the authorities. It was a public execution, in Riyadh

And you think we can ever coexist with muslims??

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

Hmmm, you must have read the Redneck's internet version of the Quran.
Personally I like the other versions that included the story of Abraham, Noah, and called Christians & Jews people of the book who are to be protected.
Also liked a passage where upon returning from a minor war, warriors were informed that a greater jihad would be undertaken, to restore the warriors to peace.

To address your questions. I know two folk's who have converted and yes they both learned Arabic. It took them both more than two years to complete the required steps to convert.
The Hadith would probably have helped you read the Quran.
I must have missed the chapter's for world domination. I did read the chapter that makes it every Muslims duty to spread the word.
Now I am really surprised by the beheading in Saudi given the subscribed punishment for that offense is stoning. I witnessed one of those in Tiaff for simple contact with a female. Do you really believe that these folk's "accidentally" ended up alone? You are pretty liberal with regards to crime/punishment?
And lastly, sure they can and have for centuries. Obviously they can't be assimilated into western idiology and as such should not be permitted to immigrate to western countries where they can't fit in. That's a given. On the flip side we should not medal in Muslim nation's affairs. It makes a mess which the British wrote about more than a century ago.

jonnycando
Joined a 850cc Club
My Bike: 1996 Suzuki Intruder

Post by jonnycando »

Assimilate or leave!

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Problem is, once they are let in, they feel they have the right to stay. No one seems to think otherwise about it, in CA anyway.

The Asians are taking over San Jose. The Filipinos and the Vietnamese are creating parallel societies in the greater San Jose area now. Going into south San Jose is like going to a different country now. All the signs are in Vietnamese, they are even starting to oust the Mexican population that's lived there for years. Sad, sad, sad.

Yo-

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

YoDude wrote:Problem is, once they are let in, they feel they have the right to stay. No one seems to think otherwise about it, in CA anyway.

The Asians are taking over San Jose. The Filipinos and the Vietnamese are creating parallel societies in the greater San Jose area now. Going into south San Jose is like going to a different country now. All the signs are in Vietnamese, they are even starting to oust the Mexican population that's lived there for years. Sad, sad, sad.

Yo-
That's San Jo, but by no means representative of California as a whole. With that said, I lived in South Bay most of my adult life and have no illusions that it will ever be the same amazing place that it was in 1966 when I moved there and have no desire to ever again live there or any other metropolitan area. Were I to ever take residence in Cal again it would be near Shasta.

Problem with city people is that they see the whole world as they see reality around them and it just ain't so.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

Yo, again I have to agree with you 100%.
We unfortunately keep letting folk's in and don't send them back. Additionally we play the citizenship game like that has worked since the early 20th century.
The issue regardless of anything else is nobody comes in and assimilated into AMERICAN society. They instead turn their new home into a mini version of the shit hole they left. Worse is we let them instead of sending them back.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Tbeck wrote:Yo, again I have to agree with you 100%.
We unfortunately keep letting folk's in and don't send them back. Additionally we play the citizenship game like that has worked since the early 20th century.
The issue regardless of anything else is nobody comes in and assimilated into AMERICAN society. They instead turn their new home into a mini version of the shit hole they left. Worse is we let them instead of sending them back.
No closer to the truth!

Yo-

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Pretty soon, it's going to be a country of, "Countries". Eventually, the fed won't matter anymore.

Yo-

HARRIS
FLAT TIRE!
My Bike: VS 800- HONDA VALKYRIE- MAGNA

Post by HARRIS »

THE VERY OLD ADAGE " WHEN IN ROME, DO AS THE ROMANS DO " HAS BECOME PASSE ....
Luck & Experience:
You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck

Frankintruder
Passed the Circle Test
My Bike: Frankintruder

Post by Frankintruder »

Myself, I go with the separation of church and state. And respect both.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

Frank, that's one of my most distained remarks: separation of church and state.
There's no such thing and as soon as folk's get that in their heads, MANY of our devicive issues will disappear.

The Constitution says: congress shall make no law respecting establishment OF religion or prevent the free exercise thereof.
So it says congress cannot make Catholicism or any other religion the national religion. They also can't prevent you from practicing whatever religion you please.
The quote of "separation of church and state" comes from a letter written to some Baptist ministers in the 1800's, LONG AFTER the Constitution was written.