The difference between Heaven and Hell

Discuss these subjects at your own risk!
You may find your way to Eden or the garden of Hell!
I will NOT be responsible for where you might end up!
jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road
My Bike: Kugelblitz-Kriegshammer 2200

Re: The difference between Heaven and Hell

Post by jeffcoslacker »

Designer wrote:Yes.....There is no life after death in......"human form".

It seems to me that folks who find God and Religion tough to follow is that they are too caught up in evaluating them with the yardstick of what is in this realm of existence.

Relying on just their 5 senses is a myopia that can only result in mistaken conclusion(s). ;)
Not trying to start trouble here, just had a flash of recognition though. This is precisely the same problem I run into when trying to explain things such as evolution or the infinite nature of the universe to people who find God and religion easy to follow.

Evolution, framed the way a lot of Christian ministers and laymen alike like to portray it, leaves out the very important aspect of the time involved. Billions of years is simply a stretch that it is difficult for any person to wrap their head around. So they try to make it sound like one day apes just woke up and wanted to walk upright and buy Toyotas. Of course that's ridiculous...and it didn't happen even remotely like that.

Same as with the concept of infinite space for the universe to expand into. It's actually an easy concept once you "get it", but very difficult for most people to even begin to accept, because in the everyday world, everything and every space is defined boundaries, beyond which is something else. That is how the everyday existence works...but not how it works on the macro level. To see it for the simple concept it is, one has to let go of some things that don't apply to every situation, but its tough because in our whole life's experiences, they do apply. It's hard to accept that there are bigger things outside of our own experience and existence.

And to some degree, I think it's why we assign so much importance to ourselves that we can't grasp the thought of not being anymore...and come up with ideas for how we get to cheat that after death.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

jeffcoslacker wrote:
Designer wrote:Yes.....There is no life after death in......"human form".

It seems to me that folks who find God and Religion tough to follow is that they are too caught up in evaluating them with the yardstick of what is in this realm of existence.

Relying on just their 5 senses is a myopia that can only result in mistaken conclusion(s). ;)
Not trying to start trouble here, just had a flash of recognition though. This is precisely the same problem I run into when trying to explain things such as evolution or the infinite nature of the universe to people who find God and religion easy to follow.

Evolution, framed the way a lot of Christian ministers and laymen alike like to portray it, leaves out the very important aspect of the time involved. Billions of years is simply a stretch that it is difficult for any person to wrap their head around. So they try to make it sound like one day apes just woke up and wanted to walk upright and buy Toyotas. Of course that's ridiculous...and it didn't happen even remotely like that.

Same as with the concept of infinite space for the universe to expand into. It's actually an easy concept once you "get it", but very difficult for most people to even begin to accept, because in the everyday world, everything and every space is defined boundaries, beyond which is something else. That is how the everyday existence works...but not how it works on the macro level. To see it for the simple concept it is, one has to let go of some things that don't apply to every situation, but its tough because in our whole life's experiences, they do apply. It's hard to accept that there are bigger things outside of our own experience and existence.

And to some degree, I think it's why we assign so much importance to ourselves that we can't grasp the thought of not being anymore...and come up with ideas for how we get to cheat that after death.
Yes, there are some of those Christians who think as you say. [space] However, they are not the sum total of all who Believe in God and practice a Religion. There are many who Believe in God that agree with those things you mention.

What I said seems to apply to ALL who deny the existence of a God,...and who disfavor Religion.....who believe in life after death.

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

Well spoken Jeff! Thank you!

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

jeffcoslacker wrote:

I hate to cut parts of a reply, but the part I cut has nothing to do with my post. At least I hope it doesn't. :Umm:

Evolution of mankind? I have a problem with the whole idea that I came from an ape. My mom would have tore your head off if you had told her that. She and I believe we were created in the image of God... not the human body, but the soul. Which is the part that lives on after the human body dies.

If billions of years is too hard a concept for some to understand then so would the concept of size... too large or too small. Some people would say that something can only be so big before it takes up too much space. I might be able to agree with that thought except for the fact that somethings are way, way small. If we took an atom and split it in half we have two halves. So now we split those and we get something even smaller. Now split those for something even smaller. Would we ever get something so small it can't be split in half? I guess we would have the same problem as something being too big. The human mind just can't conceive of those two things.... being too big and being too small.

If I missed the point of Jeff's post I apologize. :blink: [space] :soda: But them I miss the point of most post I reply to. :lolfall:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

So, because NO ONE can possibly Know for a fact what the Real truth is, it makes perfect sense that Everything we've been taught about religion by mankind, is likely nothing more than the words of man, transcribed and written down for millennia. And so the story has been going on for millennia as well.

What this thinking tells me is this: All religions, taught by man, are false. The reasoning is just for the fact that it was all written by man and no one will ever be able to prove anything otherwise, ever. Yes, there will be the people that will never let go of their beliefs and that's fine...

My thinking is different.....

The parting of the Red Sea? Bullshit...never happened...Moses on top of some mountain, gone for how long? Returns later with ascribed stones? Maybe could have happened! If it did, it wasn't any god that inscribed the stone tablets. Though the message was good and clear of/for the commandments.

The flood? Yeah...if anything this was a natural disaster and there were survivors that told tall tales about it...Others took it to extremes and wrote about it over many many years.

Jesus Christ? I follow there was a guy...he tried/did do good stuff. Again written by man and not by something else that's anything tangible.

My belief in faith goes more like this.... Look outside, look at the clouds, the sky, the earth, the water...Look at the stone, the bugs and animals....look at all the creatures that inhabit our planet..look at man himself and think.....

.....Was it Design or Evolution?

My religion is, wait and see what happens next, because no one can call it for sure! I believe in nature, that's where I'm at. Nothing else is doing it for me! That's what's real, that's what I know. If something else is going to happen after I die, then it will be by nature and not some man made conceived BS.

Yo-

P.S. This is my own personal opinion. I'm not knocking anything that a person may believe in. To each their own.

KAJUN
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: HARLEY THE BIG MOTHER

Post by KAJUN »

Take your pick..... religions or beliefs are listed below...I'm sure there is one in the mix that suits your beliefs...
If not then I would most likely assume you are a lost soul............

The Human Truth Foundation

A List of All Religions
By Vexen Crabtree 2013

Comments:
81 entries are listed here. It is simply impossible to list all varieties of religion as we as a species have created an almost infinite variety of religious and transcendental ideas.
Items in lower case italics are classes of religion and not actual religions. For example, "theism" is any religion that contains god(s),
and "polytheism" is a form of theism.

agnosticism
Amish
ancestor worship
animism
Asatrú
atheism
Aum Shinrikyo
Bahá'í Faith
Brahma Kumari
Branch Davidians
Buddhism
Celtic Paganism
Chen Tao
Chinese Religion
Christadelphians
Christian Apostolic Church In Zion
Christianity
Concerned Christians
Confucianism
Dami Xuanjiao
deism
Divine Lightmission
Druidism
Druze
dualism
Ebionites
Eckankar
Gnosticism
Hare Krishna
Heathenism
Heaven's Gate
Hinduism
Hookers For Jesus / The Family Of God
Humanism
Islam
Jainism
Jedi Knights
Jehovah's Witnesses
Judaism
Mennonite
Mithraism
monotheism
Mysticism
Native American Church
New Age
no religion
occultism
Order Of The Solar Temple
Paganism
pantheism
Pastafarianism
People's Temple
polytheism
Raja Yoga
Rastafarian
Ravidassia
Salvation Army
Santería
Satanism
Scientology
Shamanism
Shinto
Sikhism
Spiritualism
sun worship
Taoism
theism
Thelema
Theosophy
Traditional African Church
Unification Church
Unitarianism
Unitarian-universalism
Unitas Fratrum
universalism
Voodoo
Wicca
Witchcraft
Yezidism
Zhu Shen Jiao
Zoroastrianism
The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

To me, religion goes as far as language does!

Let us point out which language is the RIGHT language....Yes?
Which language is the best for the world as a whole?

French
Italian
Russian
Japanese
English
Korean
Spanish
Chinese
Swedish
German
etc. etc...

If you were to ask any of the people of the country's of these languages, they will very likely say, mine is the best for the world.

With that thought, then there is no BEST language for anyone....Therefor, the language (all languages) needs to change to something much more comfortable for everyone....Grunts and groans that everyone can understand.

Have you ever noticed that, ah huh (yes) and un huh (no), means the same to nearly everyone?

Just saying......

Yo-

franktiregod
Joined a 900cc Club
My Bike: SUZUKI

Post by franktiregod »

Heaven- That new wife sex

Hell- Ten years later when the sex is over and she is still talking.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

YoDude wrote:To me, religion goes as far as language does!

Let us point out which language is the RIGHT language....Yes?
Which language is the best for the world as a whole?

French
Italian
Russian
Japanese
English
Korean
Spanish
Chinese
Swedish
German
etc. etc...

If you were to ask any of the people of the country's of these languages, they will very likely say, mine is the best for the world.

With that thought, then there is no BEST language for anyone....Therefor, the language (all languages) needs to change to something much more comfortable for everyone....Grunts and groans that everyone can understand.

Have you ever noticed that, ah huh (yes) and un huh (no), means the same to nearly everyone?

Just saying......

Yo-
Not always,... that is assuimption.

Not start anything directly with you,. :bow: .....but have you thought-through this in light of that which is beyond such a restricted scope as is ones own language?,...that which is more Broad-based,..... which focuses on Higher Levels of the Human Experience and Endevour beyond than just what language chosen to express their ideas?

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

At the time, I was merely striking only on the very beginnings of communications. Grunts and groans, I'm quite sure worked very well for the moment or even several millennia.

In time, these things began to grow and started to flourish into something more meaningful. Actual words.

.....my point being...maybe the grunts and groans of yesteryear should still exit today....

.............I use them on a daily basis with all my co-workers!. Sometimes, we often exchange bird calls! DAILY! It's an awesome thing

Too shy to do a little bird whhhhoot whhhhooot while at work? I just wish I was the one that started it.

Yo-

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

Language. Christianity is now worshiped on every continent of the world and the Bible has been translated into every major language. Christ is not for any one language or race or continent. Christ is God's gift to the world.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

KAJUN
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: HARLEY THE BIG MOTHER

Post by KAJUN »

AMEN BROTHER
The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!
My Bike: VS 1400. Royal Enfield

Post by Fred »

KAJUN wrote:Take your pick..... religions or beliefs are listed below...I'm sure there is one in the mix that suits your beliefs...

A List of All Religions
By Vexen Crabtree 2013

Comments:
81 entries are listed here. It is simply impossible to list all varieties of religion as we as a species have created an almost infinite variety of religious and transcendental ideas.
Items in lower case italics are classes of religion and not actual religions. For example, "theism" is any religion that contains god(s),

agnosticism
Amish
ancestor worship
animism
Asatrú
atheism
Aum Shinrikyo
Bahá'í Faith
Brahma Kumari
Branch Davidians
Buddhism
Celtic Paganism
Chen Tao
Chinese Religion
Christadelphians
Christianity
Concerned Christians
Confucianism
Dami Xuanjiao
deism
Divine Lightmission
Druidism
Druze
dualism
Ebionites
Eckankar
Gnosticism
Hare Krishna
Heathenism
Heaven's Gate
Hinduism
Humanism
Islam
Jainism
Jedi Knights
Jehovah's Witnesses
Judaism
Mennonite
Mithraism
monotheism
Mysticism
Native American Church
New Age
no religion
occultism
Paganism
pantheism
Pastafarianism
People's Temple
polytheism
Raja Yoga
Rastafarian
Ravidassia
Salvation Army
Santería
Satanism
Scientology
Shamanism
Shinto
Sikhism
Spiritualism
sun worship
Taoism
theism
Thelema
Theosophy
Unification Church
Unitarianism
Unitarian-universalism
Unitas Fratrum
universalism
Voodoo
Wicca
Witchcraft
Yezidism
Zhu Shen Jiao
Zoroastrianism
They are not religions there is a difference. Religion is a discipline, Though shalt-- you must do this you must do that. Usually fanatical in belief and murderous in response. The 2 worst is Christianity and Islam. The only 2 I know of that kill.

When I walk the old cities of UK like Lancaster for instance witches prison cells still exist. Places of burning in town squares in front of what was once town halls etc still exist. A religion based on ignorance by those who can not think of another.

These places are quite horrible, time has moved on leaving some of the ignorant illiterate disease ridden citizens behind.

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

Fred wrote:
KAJUN wrote:Take your pick..... religions or beliefs are listed below...I'm sure there is one in the mix that suits your beliefs...

A List of All Religions
By Vexen Crabtree 2013

Comments:

agnosticism
Amish
ancestor worship
animism
Asatrú
atheism
Aum Shinrikyo
Bahá'í Faith
Brahma Kumari
Branch Davidians
Buddhism
Celtic Paganism
Chen Tao
Chinese Religion
Christadelphians
Christianity
Concerned Christians
Confucianism
Dami Xuanjiao
deism
Divine Lightmission
Druidism
Druze
dualism
Ebionites
Eckankar
Gnosticism
Hare Krishna
Heathenism
Heaven's Gate
Hinduism
Humanism
Islam
Jainism
Jedi Knights
Jehovah's Witnesses
Judaism
Mennonite
Mithraism
monotheism
Mysticism
Native American Church
New Age
no religion
occultism
Paganism
pantheism
Pastafarianism
People's Temple
polytheism
Raja Yoga
Rastafarian
Ravidassia
Salvation Army
Santería
Satanism
Scientology
Shamanism
Shinto
Sikhism
Spiritualism
sun worship
Taoism
theism
Thelema
Theosophy
Unification Church
Unitarianism
Unitarian-universalism
Unitas Fratrum
universalism
Voodoo
Wicca
Witchcraft
Yezidism
Zhu Shen Jiao
Zoroastrianism
They are not religions there is a difference. Religion is a discipline, Though shalt-- you must do this you must do that. Usually fanatical in belief and murderous in response. The 2 worst is Christianity and Islam. The only 2 I know of that kill.

When I walk the old cities of UK like Lancaster for instance witches prison cells still exist. Places of burning in town squares in front of what was once town halls etc still exist. A religion based on ignorance by those who can not think of another and forced upon others.

These places are quite horrible, time has moved on leaving some of the ignorant illiterate disease ridden citizens behind.

Some leaving by the Plymouth steps to spread the disease to far off lands where ignorant inhabitants were forced into similar practices.

Religion spreads easy and breeds through ignorance of those who do not know who they are.

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

Designer wrote:
YoDude wrote:My original post, was posted in anger with a little help from a friend of mine, his name is Jose.
At the time I was sickened at all this 76 virgin bull shit that those damn muslims believe in and from my quite logical thinking, I came to the simple conclusion. These dumb fucks think they're (the virgins) gonna be there waiting for them with open arms because of the teaching of one dumb ass child rapist and tyrannical prophet. A man that wrote or had written a book of belief, in a way of life, that they're people are currently trying to take over the world and infiltrate our country. And Fred, at some point they will want to visit your part of the neighborhood as well, bank it. Oh and Piggy, they are probably looking for you to let them in your home for a sleep over with your wife after they cut off your head. Bank that too.

Yo-

You captured my thoughts quite adroitly there. :clap:

Oh-- get your tongue out of his arse hole

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Suzuki Johnny wrote:Each and every one of us has a different slant on the dying process......which each and every one of us will eventually experience that phenomenon.. and yes that's what I call dying..it's exactly that ...Unfortunately for us living souls No one has ever been there and come back to inform us living souls what to expect in the after life........Except Christ himself.....which is another personal belief....
One's faith here on earth while living and breathing life is the driving force which we of faith depend on for when that phenomenon happens....
I'd much rather be prepared for that reckoning than be caught short handed with no explanation :eek:
One day that mystery will either be solved or nothing will happen....
I prefer to be of the thought that one day I will meet my Maker and a very lively conversation will take place.....
that is if St Peter allows me into the Gates of Heaven [emoji106]
And I'm hoping the outcome will be of the positive nature
My best friend has told me that when I die, hopefully before himself, that I am to haunt him, so he can know there is, "something" afterwards. I don't yet know how that might work out, but I'm gonna try it anyway!

Yo-