Man and a Fork

Discuss these subjects at your own risk!
You may find your way to Eden or the garden of Hell!
I will NOT be responsible for where you might end up!
Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Man and a Fork

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Man and a Fork

There was a young man who had been diagnosed with a terminal illness and had been given three months to live. So as he was getting his things 'in order,' he contacted his Priest and had him come to his house to discuss certain aspects of his final wishes.
He told him which songs he wanted sung at the service, what scriptures he would like read, and what outfit he wanted to be buried in.
Everything was in order and the Priest was preparing to leave when the young man suddenly remembered something very important to him.
'There's one more thing,' he said excitedly..
'What's that?' came the Priest's reply.
'This is very important,' the young man continued.
'I want to be buried with a fork in my right hand.'
The Priest stood looking at the young man, not knowing quite what to say.
That surprises you, doesn't it?' the young man asked.
'Well, to be honest, I'm puzzled by the request,' said the Priest.
The young man explained. 'My grandmother once told me this story, and from that time on I have always tried to pass along its message to those I love and those who are in need of encouragement.
In all my years of attending socials
And dinners, I always remember that when the dishes of the main course were being cleared, someone would inevitably lean over and say,
'Keep your fork.
' It was my favorite part because I knew that something better was coming .... Like velvety chocolate cake or deep-dish apple pie.
Something wonderful, and with substance!'
So, I just want people to see me there in that casket with a fork in my hand and I want them to wonder 'What's with the fork?'
Then I want you to tell them:
'Keep your fork ... The best is yet to come.'
The Priest's eyes welled up with tears of joy as he hugged the young man good-bye. He knew this would be one of the last times he would see him before his death.
But he also knew that the young man had a better grasp of heaven than he did. He had a better grasp of what heaven would be like than many people twice his age, with twice as much experience and knowledge.
He KNEW that something better was coming.
At the funeral people were walking by the young man's casket and they saw the suit he was wearing and the fork placed in his right hand. Over and over, the Priest heard the question, 'What's with the fork?' And over and over he smiled.
During his message, the Priest told the people of the conversation he had with the young man shortly before he died. He also told them about the fork and about what it symbolized to him.
He told the people how he could not stop thinking about the fork and told them that they probably would not be able to stop thinking about it either.
He was right. So the next time you reach down for your fork let it remind you, ever so gently, that the best is yet to come.
Friends are a very rare jewel, indeed.
They make you smile and encourage you to succeed.
Cherish the time you have, and the memories you share. Being friends with someone is not an opportunity, but a sweet responsibility.
.. And I'll bet this will be an Email they do remember, every time they pick up a fork!

And just remember ... Keep your fork!

The BEST is yet to come!

God Bless You
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Re: Man and a Fork

Post by Designer »

:clap: :clap:

Thank you for this Story.

It tells the truth in a way easily told and easily remembered. I feel sad for the atheists who have so little, if anything, to look forward to beyond this existence. What an empty and bereft live. No wonder they are so unhappy and make it known in their typing's.

I will pass it on to others. [emoji106]

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Faith and believing in the Lord Almighty is a personal choice enjoyed with our right to worship whomever or whatever we please...
Folks in some third world countries do not have that right and are denied that privilege...what a shame.

One has nothing to lose to believe in Supreme Being......If we are wrong we have lost nothing

however if we are right..we have eternity to spend with Him...

In my humble opinion.. all you have to do is look around you and marvel at what our very minuscule planet has to offer....and then look at the night time sky and there is so much to comprehend it's amazing.......Even with the Big Bang Theory it took energy to make that happen...where did that energy come from.....energy has to be produced....it just doesn't happen.......and that source was God..
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!
My Bike: VS 1400. Royal Enfield

Post by Fred »

Gravity---gravity a very powerfull force, try jumping off a tall building and you will die of gravity. Its not difficult,--well not for most people.

Drop a ton of bricks or a ton of feathers off a tall building. which hits the ground first.

na na forget it ---why should I bother --have a nice life. When you get to heaven land send me a postcard.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

Suzuki Johnny wrote:Faith and believing in the Lord Almighty is a personal choice enjoyed with our right to worship whomever or whatever we please...Folks in some third world countries do not have that right and are denied that privilege...what a shame.

One has nothing to lose to believe in Supreme Being......If we are wrong we have lost nothing

In my humble opinion.. all you have to do is look around you and marvel at what our very minuscule planet has to offer....and then look at the night time sky and there is so much to comprehend it's amazing.......Even with the Big Bang Theory it took energy to make that happen...where did that energy come from.....energy has to be produced....it just doesn't happen.......and that source was God..
funny you should mention doing this!

I do that all the time. When one tries to conjure the infinite immensity of the Universe, and how un-livable it is for life like on our tiny, tiny planet,....one can only agree with this:

"Either everything is a Miracle, or nothing is a Miracle"

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Designer wrote:
Suzuki Johnny wrote:Faith and believing in the Lord Almighty is a personal choice enjoyed with our right to worship whomever or whatever we please...Folks in some third world countries do not have that right and are denied that privilege...what a shame.

funny you should mention doing this!

I do that all the time. When one tries to conjure the infinite immensity of the Universe, and how un-livable it is for life like on our tiny, tiny planet,....one can only agree with this:

"Either everything is a Miracle, or nothing is a Miracle"

I agree

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

A Minister passing through his church
In the middle of the day,
Decided to pause by the altar
To see who come to pray.
Just then the back door opened,
And a man came down the aisle,
The minister frowned as he saw the man
Hadn't shaved in a while.
His shirt was torn and shabby,
And his coat was worn and frayed,
The man knelt down and bowed his head,
Then rose and walked away.
In the days that followed at precisely noon,
The preacher saw this chap,
Each time he knelt just for a moment,
A lunch pail in his lap.
Well, the minister's suspicions grew,
With robbery a main fear,
He decided to stop and ask the man,
'What are you doing here?'
The old man said he was a factory worker
And lunch was half an hour
Lunchtime was his prayer time,
For finding strength and power.
I stay only a moment
Because the factory's far away;
As I kneel here talking to the Lord,
This is kinda what I say:

'I JUST CAME BY TO TELL YOU, LORD,
HOW HAPPY I HAVE BEEN,
SINCE WE FOUND EACH OTHERS FRIENDSHIP
AND YOU TOOK AWAY MY SIN.
DON'T KNOW MUCH OF HOW TO PRAY,
BUT I THINK ABOUT YOU EVERYDAY.
SO, JESUS, THIS IS BEN,
JUST CHECKING IN TODAY.'

The minister feeling foolish,
Told Ben that it was fine.
He told the man that he was welcome
To pray there anytime.
'It's time to go, and thanks,' Ben said
As he hurried to the door.
Then the minister knelt there at the altar,
Which he'd never done before.
His cold heart melted, warmed with love,
As he met with Jesus there.
As the tears flowed down his cheeks,
He repeated old Ben's prayer:
'I JUST CAME by TO TELL YOU, LORD,
HOW HAPPY I'VE BEEN,
SINCE WE FOUND EACH OTHERS FRIENDSHIP
AND YOU TOOK AWAY MY SIN.
I DON'T KNOW MUCH OF HOW TO PRAY,
BUT I THINK ABOUT YOU EVERYDAY.
SO, JESUS, THIS IS ME,
JUST CHECKING IN TODAY.'
Past noon one day, the minister noticed
That old Ben hadn't come.
As more days passed and still no Ben,
He began to worry some.
At the factory, he asked about him,
Learning he was ill.
The hospital staff was worried,
But he'd given them a thrill.

The week that Ben was with them,
Brought changes in the ward.
His smiles and joy contagious.
Changed people were his reward.
The head nurse couldn't understand
Why Ben could be so glad,
When no flowers, calls or cards came,
Not a visitor he had.
The minister stayed by his bed,
He voiced the nurse's concern:
No friends had come to show they cared.
He had nowhere to turn.
Looking surprised, old Ben spoke up
And with a winsome smile;
'The nurse is wrong, she couldn't know,
He's been here all the while.'
Everyday at noon He comes here,
A dear friend of mine, you see,
He sits right down and takes my hand,
Leans over and says to me:

'I JUST CAME BY TO TELL YOU, BEN,
HOW HAPPY I HAVE BEEN,
SINCE WE FOUND THIS FRIENDSHIP,
AND I TOOK AWAY YOUR SIN .
I THINK ABOUT YOU ALWAYS
AND I LOVE TO HEAR YOU PRAY,
AND SO BEN, THIS IS JESUS,
JUST CHECKING IN TODAY .'

If this blesses you, pass it on. Many people
will walk in and out of your life, but only
true friends will leave footprints in your
heart
May God hold you in the palm of His hand
And Angels watch over you..
Please pass this page on to your friends
& loved ones. If you aren't ashamed.
Jesus said, ' If you are ashamed of me,'
I will be ashamed Of you before my Father.'