The Daily Verse

Discuss these subjects at your own risk!
You may find your way to Eden or the garden of Hell!
I will NOT be responsible for where you might end up!
Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: 1996 VS1400

Re: The Daily Verse

Post by Larry TN »

"You are not sent to preach death and sin and judgement, but life and holiness and salvation - not to be a witness against the people, but to be a witness for God - to preach the good news - Christ Himself." - James Hudson Taylor (1832-1905) Missionary to China for 51 years.

In all things give thanks...it's in there, just like Ragu. Happy Thanksgiving.
"Give the people you have offended time to apologize." -Rev Samuel Porter Jones (in 1906)

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

Jesus wept. John 11:35

As far as I know, this was the first time God ever cried.
"Give the people you have offended time to apologize." -Rev Samuel Porter Jones (in 1906)

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

cheapcookies wrote:... Plucked off a shoe and gave it ...

-cc
"to his neighbor" Ruth 4:7

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

cheapcookies wrote:... And a lamp unto my feet.-cc

"NUN. Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path." Psalms 119:105

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

Hosea 4:11 Whoredom and wine and new wine take away the heart.

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

cheapcookies wrote:...To everything there is a season.
Ecclesiastes, I think.-cc
Yep, 3rd Chapter. The Byrds made a song that was called "To every thing there is a season" or "Turn, Turn, Turn" based on that same scripture. Someone else may have done it first, but not better.

Ergo: Ecclesiastes 9:11 I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.

The TIME is the period in which we live, and the CHANCE is how we are affected by that time, to the good or detriment of our soul. The verse has nothing to do with luck, as I once thought.

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

I pity da fool dat call divine intervention luck. Whether for good or bad, when my chain gets yanked, it's for a reason. That reason will be made known to me in due time. Your results may seem to be different.

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

1 Timothy 4:8 For bodily excercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.

Paul never suggested not to excercise at all, but we ought to not neglect the ecxercising of the spirit as well by prayer, fasting, meditation, acts of love, charity and kindness. Lifting weights could strengthen you in this life. Lifting the weight of others is uplifting in both this and the next life.

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

cheapcookies wrote:When Jesus entered the temple courts, he began to drive out those ...

-cc
Only Matthew 21:12, and Mark 11:15 mention the moneychangers, and the sellers of doves by name.
Only a certain Hebrew half a sheckel coin could be used to pay the yearly tribute to Jehovah. Every Israelite over 20 years of age had to pay this tribute annually, (Exodus 30:13-15). This money was paid as a ransom for their souls, which are all equal in the eyes of God, and was to be used in the service of the tabernacle. This was the law.

Their love of money had finally brought the moneychangers to the courtyard of the Temple of God. After setting up their table, or banco, where we get the word Bank, they would charge interest to change currencies (arbitrage) into the acceptable money for paying tribute. It was illegal for Jews to charge interest, and they should never have been even in the courtyard of the Temple. Christ exhibited justifiable anger in His enthusiam to remove the bankers from His Fathers House. Their lobbying efforts would surely have them setting up ATM machines in church next. Then proclaiming from the pulpit the love of money as a substitute for God. Sound familiar?....think PLANTING A SEED televangelism...a farmer doesn't have to be told when to plant.

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

Moreover if thy brother shall tresspass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother. Matthew 18:15

While we may expect a warm reception concerning differences from a Christian, confronting a man with no faith will seldom have the expected results. Amen.

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

1 Thessalonians 1:5 "For our gospel came not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance; as ye know what manner of men we were among you for your sake."

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

Psalms 119:71 It is good for me that I have been afflicted; that I might learn thy statutes.
...and 72; The law of thy mouth is better unto me than thousands of gold and silver.

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

1 Thessalonians 4:3 "For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication:"

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

[Original content deleted by moderator 98VS1400]

Yo-

Iff'n you expect the Christians to keep their posts about faith in this forum, you may want to consider keeping your heathen comments out of this section. Especially on a thread pertaining to Bible verses. Just sayin'...

:HatTip:
Mod 98VS1400
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

cheapcookies wrote:Song of Solomon 2:13 "The fig tree puts forth her green figs .... Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away."-cc

As ever, Christ beacons His church to rise above the world, to overcome the flesh, leaning to more spiritual matters, that are everlasting.

It would be difficult for me to get a clear picture of what is meant here by Solomon without the guidance of the Holy Spirit. This time I was steered to Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary.

IMO: Some might think that Solomon was referring to one of his many wives or concubines. The Spirit is willing to instruct, but the flesh is weak, and falters under it's own wieght.

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

cheapcookies wrote:I think it is clear what Solomon had in mind. Hubba hubba.

-cc
Yes, I think you think you must be right. When I first tried to understand scripture, I was still drinking. It sounds similar to me trying to understand quantum physics by reading the name "quantum physics".

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

cheapcookies wrote:It is generally accepted that the Song of Solomon is one of the most erotic pieces written in the bible.

But you interpret it any way you want.

-cc
I appreciate that. Likewise, I cannot say what any verse means to anyone else. That's not the way it is.
What we do know is that at one time it was generally accepted that the world was flat. At another, that the earth was the center of the universe. More recently, there was a popular misconception that a foreigner with no proof of education, no valid credentials and no past might make a good leader of America. There will be other things brought to our attention in due time.
If everyone believed a lie, it would still never become the truth.

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

1 Kings 11:4 "For it came to pass, when Solomon was old, that his wives turned away his heart after other gods: and his heart was not perfect with the LORD his God, as was the heart of David his father."

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

cheapcookies wrote:This is the day that the Lord has made.

Let us rejoice and be glad in it.-cc
Psalm 118...I am being schooled about chapter and verse, good job, by the way. There is the chapter where you may find the verse.

If you notice it doesn't say be glad "for" it, but regardless of what it may bring into our lives, we are instructed to be glad "in" it. God has never made a mistake, as hard as that is to accept.

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

Isaiah Ch.12 "Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; He is also become my salvation."