The Daily Verse

Discuss these subjects at your own risk!
You may find your way to Eden or the garden of Hell!
I will NOT be responsible for where you might end up!
Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Re: The Daily Verse

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Jesus in the Psalms—And Long Before
Tuesday, January 30, 2018 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Hebrews 10:5-10

Here I am—it is written about me in the scroll—I have come to do your will, my God.
Hebrews 10:7 (Psalm 40:6-8)

Jesus is almighty, alive, and at work over all things today. Do you believe and live by this?

Lord Jesus, your words cross the centuries, your acts are from beginning to end. May every moment of my life be lived in your eternal presence! In your all-powerful name, Amen.
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!
My Bike: VS 1400. Royal Enfield

Post by Fred »

Dear God please spare us from any more of this bull shit. The Admin is too scared to do anything in case you strike them with lightening. Please oh god tell them you wont.

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!
My Bike: VS 1400. Royal Enfield

Post by Fred »

I got struck by lightening today, did any one one else --- Must just be me then.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Recognizing the True Messiah
Wednesday, January 31, 2018 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Isaiah 9:2-7

He will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Isaiah 9:6

No one except Jesus can fill the description in this passage. He is the only Savior of the world.
Lord Jesus, may each day of our lives be filled with meaning because we are walking with you, our eternal God! Amen.
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Stooping to Our Level
Thursday, February 1, 2018 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Luke 6:17-19

He went down with them and stood on a level place.
Luke 6:17

Jesus, you came to seek out sinners like me. Help me embrace your power that brings the good news of your kingdom. Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Love My Enemies?
Friday, February 2, 2018 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Luke 6:27-36

To you who are listening I say: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you.
Luke 6:27

This command sounds almost impossible. On top of that, these words of Jesus don’t have much appeal. Love your enemies? In most situations, hate or disdain are the more natural reactions we would have for enemies.

Father God, may our minds no longer nurse our grudges and rehearse our scenes of hurt and pain, but focus on your grace granted to us in Jesus. May we experience your love as we strive to love our enemies as well as our friends. Help us to follow you, Lord. Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Remembering God’s Mercy and Care
Wednesday, February 7, 2018 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Luke 9:1-6, 10-17

[Jesus] replied, “You give them something to eat.”
Luke 9:13

The miracle of Jesus’ feeding over 5,000 people appears in all four of the gospels. Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John saw something important in this event that would help us learn who Jesus really is.

Picture the scene: Jesus has been preaching and healing. It’s getting late, and the people are getting hungry. To the disciples, it makes perfect sense to send them to nearby villages to eat.
But Jesus has other ideas. He calmly says to the disciples, “You give them something to eat.” To the disciples, that doesn’t add up. They can only find five loaves of bread and a couple of fish—that certainly won’t feed this crowd!
Jesus uses this time to teach an important lesson. They have just been visiting in the surrounding villages, traveling without any money or provisions. They have depended on the Lord to provide for them as they have brought healing and the life-affirming good news of grace, mercy, and blessing. But they have forgotten that God has done this. Jesus is testing them now to see if they realize that their providing Lord is right there with them, and they have failed to recognize it.
But we should not be too hard on the disciples. When we are called to bring God’s grace and mercy into people’s lives, we often forget, too, how the Lord has provided for us. We all have short memories.

Lord, help us, as we share your mercy and grace with others, to remember always the amazing things you have provided—and to tell about that too. In your name, Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

1 Thessalonians 5:9-11 - For God has not destined us for wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, who died for us so that whether we are awake or asleep we might live with him. Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Appointed to Jesus’ Team
Friday, February 9, 2018 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Luke 10:1-12

The Lord appointed seventy-two others and sent them two by two ahead of him to every town and place where he was about to go.
Luke 10:1

Followers of Jesus are never meant to do ministry alone. We are not superheroes; we are broken vessels of grace who point people to the fountain of mercy in Jesus alone. We’re called to walk side by side to minister to the bruised and battered wherever we are.

Jesus, lead us to follow wherever you want us to go and represent you in this world. Thank you for always being with us. In your name, Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Learning From the Enemy
Saturday, February 10, 2018 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Luke 10:25-37

A Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him.
Luke 10:33

Who is my neighbor? And who has been a neighbor to me?

Savior Jesus, help us to show your mercy and love to everyone, including the people we have despised as enemies. Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Daily Provisions
Sunday, February 11, 2018 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Luke 11:2-4

When you pray, say . . . ‘Give us each day our daily bread.’
Luke 11:2-3

Dear Jesus, keep our hands and hearts open to receive your daily provisions without fear or distress. You know our needs, and we trust you to deliver. Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Persistent Prayer
Monday, February 12, 2018 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Luke 11:5-13

Even though he will not get up and give you the bread because of friendship, yet because of your shameless audacity he will surely get up and give you as much as you need.
Luke 11:8

Jesus endorsed persistent prayer. We are to “pray continually . . . for this is God’s will” for us (1 Thessalonians 5:17-18).

Jesus, I will knock, trusting that the door is open. Thank you for your hospitality that meets my needs today. Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Following Jesus Isn’t for Wimps
Tuesday, February 13, 2018 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Luke 12:1-3

Be on your guard against the yeast of the Pharisees, which is hypocrisy.
Luke 12:1

Dear Jesus, help us to truly be your disciples. Please take hypocrisy out of our lives so that we may follow your ways. Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Valuable
Wednesday, February 14, 2018 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Luke 12:1-7

The very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.
Luke 12:7

Today is Ash Wednesday. As we think about Christ’s suffering and death (and our own unworthiness), we are called to remember that we are worth the death of God’s only Son. We are valuable, and God does not forget us.

Redeemer God, help me to realize today how much I am worth to you. Amen

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

He Saw Her
Thursday, February 15, 2018 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Luke 13:10-17

When Jesus saw her, he called her forward. . . .
Luke 13:12

Do we see people this way—burdened and distressed? Do we bring them to Jesus for healing? In what ways can you offer comfort and prayer for someone like that today?

Savior Jesus, so often we work hard to keep up appearances, and we sidestep opportunities for compassion. Forgive me and help me to show mercy to people in need. In your name, Amen

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

The Hidden Power of God’s Grace
Friday, February 16, 2018 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Luke 13:18-21

Jesus asked, “What is the kingdom of God like? What shall I compare it to?”
Luke 13:18

.Dear Lord, I am not patient enough to trust the process of grace in my life. Help me to resist the appeal of quick results and to trust in you for growth each day. Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Beware of Cost-Benefit Spirituality!
Saturday, February 17, 2018 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Luke 14:1-14

When you give a luncheon or dinner . . . invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind, and you will be blessed. . . . You will be repaid at the resurrection. . . .
Luke 14:12-14

Lord, when I am guilty of assessing my service to gain an advantage or to look good before others, change my heart. Like, you, may I serve others even if they can do nothing for me. Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

"Respect for the Scripture?"
February 18, 2018
And He came to Nazareth, where He had been brought up. And as was His custom, He went to the synagogue on the Sabbath day, and He stood up to read. And the scroll of the prophet Isaiah was given to Him. He unrolled the scroll and found the place ... And He began to say to them, "Today this Scripture has been fulfilled in your hearing." (Luke 4:16-17, 21)

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

God Cares About Lost Sinners
Monday, February 19, 2018 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Luke 15:8-10

When she finds it, she calls her friends and neighbors together and says, ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost coin.’
Luke 15:9

Lord, thanks for being the searching One who believed I was worth finding. Help me to value others as you do. Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Tuesday, February 20, 2018 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Luke 16:19-31

In Hades, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side.
Luke 16:23

Lord, help me to die to my possessions, my ambitions, and my hidden sins, recognizing that life is found only in you. Amen.