The Daily Verse

Discuss these subjects at your own risk!
You may find your way to Eden or the garden of Hell!
I will NOT be responsible for where you might end up!
KAJUN
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: HARLEY THE BIG MOTHER

Re: The Daily Verse

Post by KAJUN »

Wednesday, March 14, 2018 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Proverbs 6:20-32; Matthew 5:27-28

Do not lust in your heart after her beauty. . . .
Proverbs 6:25

Dear Lord, direct my eyes to look at you, and keep my eyes from lust, that I may love my neighbor as you love me. For Jesus’ sake, Amen.
The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.

KAJUN
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by KAJUN »

Keeping It Clean
Thursday, March 15, 2018 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Psalm 51; 1 Corinthians 6:12-20

Let us purify ourselves from everything that contaminates body and spirit.
2 Corinthians 7:1

Create in me, O God, a clean heart, and may my spirit and body be at home with you. Amen.

KAJUN
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by KAJUN »

John 3:16
God so loved the world that he gave his only-begotten Son,
so that everyone who believes in him might have eternal life

KAJUN
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by KAJUN »

Alleluia John 1:41, 17b
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
We have found the Messiah:
Jesus Christ, who brings us truth and grace.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.

KAJUN
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by KAJUN »

a “Whatever” Attitude
Sunday, March 18, 2018 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Joshua 9:1-15; Matthew 25:24-30

Whoever has will be given more, and they will have an abundance.
Matthew 25:29

Today many Christian believers will attend church and hear the good news of the gospel. We acknowledge that even though we don’t deserve it, God in his grace has poured out the gift of salvation on us. In response, Christians offer sacrifices of praise. They also ask God to sustain them in their daily walk so that they will not be careless with God’s gifts.

Are you praising God today?

Father, forgive us for the carelessness with which we have handled your gifts. Help us to respond in gratitude and praise. For Jesus’ sake, Amen.

KAJUN
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by KAJUN »

The Zeal of the Ant
Monday, March 19, 2018 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Proverbs 6:6-11; Romans 12:3-18

Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord.
Romans 12:11

Thank you, Lord for equipping us to do your good will all day long, and every day, in Christ’s name. Amen.

KAJUN
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by KAJUN »

Sin at the Door
Tuesday, March 20, 2018 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Genesis 4:1-8; Ephesians 4:22-27

In your anger do not sin.
Ephesians 4:26

Lord, forgive me the sin of letting anger affect my actions. Guard me from giving the devil a foothold. May your love fill my life, keeping anger and hatred out. Amen.

KAJUN
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by KAJUN »

How Long, Lord?
Wednesday, March 21, 2018 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Psalm 13; James 5:7-11

You have heard of Job’s perseverance and have seen what the Lord finally brought about.
James 5:11

Christ has nailed the power of sinful anger to the cross. Persevere in the Lord’s steadfast love today, and, in his strength, keep waiting patiently for the Lord.

Lord, “I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation.” You are so good to me. Help me to be patient and wait for the good that you have promised. Amen.

KAJUN
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by KAJUN »

Turning to Jerusalem
Thursday, March 22, 2018 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Luke 9:51-58; Hebrews 12:1-3

As the time approached for him to be taken up to heaven, Jesus resolutely set out for Jerusalem.
Luke 9:51

Lord, keep my eyes on Jesus, so that nothing may distract me from following him. Jesus, thank you for paying the price for all my sins on the cross. In your name, Amen.

KAJUN
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by KAJUN »

Fit to Follow Jesus
Friday, March 23, 2018 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Luke 9:57-62

No one who puts a hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God.
Luke 9:62

Thank you, Lord, for detailing the cost of the journey, and for paying the price for us with your own life. Help us to willingly serve you. Amen.

KAJUN
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by KAJUN »

Jerusalem, Killer of Prophets
Saturday, March 24, 2018 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Psalm 147:1-7; Luke 13:31-35

Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you . . .
Luke 13:34

Jerusalem was supposed to be a place where God gathered the outcasts and healed the brokenhearted, not the center for killing his prophets. It had happened before, and it was happening again (see 2 Chronicles 24:20-21; Jeremiah 26:20-23; Luke 9:9). Ruled by ruthless Herod and governed by the Romans, the city of peace was again an opponent of God’s purposes. If it killed the messengers of God, what would it do with the Son of God?

Jerusalem’s opposition did not deter Jesus from continuing his journey. He didn’t shrink from his calling. He was determined to appear in Jerusalem as the Lord’s Messiah. He knew that at the time God had appointed, and not before, he too would be sentenced there to die.
Through his work of salvation and restoration, Jesus will also return one day with a new Jerusalem that truly gathers God’s people, healing the broken­hearted and binding up their wounds. Then there will be no more mourning or crying or pain (Revelation 21:1-4).
Jesus said, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick” (Luke 5:31)—physically, mentally, spiritually. This includes us: we need the healing and saving love of Jesus just as much as all who rejected him in Jerusalem.
He went to Jerusalem, determined to fulfill his mission for the sake of all who would believe. Jesus died for you and me. Do you believe it?

Renew my heart, Lord. Help me acknowledge my sin, seek forgiveness, and live in the light of your redeeming love. Amen.

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!
My Bike: VS 1400. Royal Enfield

Post by Fred »

KAJUN wrote: He went to Jerusalem, determined to fulfill his mission for the sake of all who would believe. Jesus died for you and me. Do you believe it? Amen.
No I do not, Jesus was( so they say) born in the poorest arid land on the planet. Ignorance and suffering was again the most terrible. It has not yet changed to this day.

The Chinese could read and write at that age and London was exporting dogs and leather to Europe.
Why choose such a place to market a new religion. :bonk: :bang:

Jesus had to have been a black African, no evidence suggest he was Caucasian. What else would you expect in Africa,

KAJUN
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by KAJUN »

Jesus Hears Our Cries
Sunday, March 25, 2018 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Psalm 146; Luke 18:35-43

Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!
Luke 18:38

When the blind man heard that Jesus of Nazareth was coming, he knew just who this teacher was. In contrast to the people of Jerusalem who had rejected God’s prophets, this outcast from Jericho called out to Jesus as the Son of David, the promised Messiah of God’s people. Attempts to silence him only increased his resolve. And, having heard his cries, Jesus commanded that the man be brought to him.
Giving sight to the blind is not carpenter’s work. Only the Creator who made heaven and earth and rules from Jeru­sa­lem can give sight to the blind. By having the blind man brought to him over the objections of many and granting the man’s request, Jesus lets everyone know that he is the Son of David—that is, the Messiah, the Son of God.
After the man receives his sight, he follows Jesus. He also does what any believer does when heaven comes to earth to heal them: he glorifies and praises God. And no one can stop him. When all the people see what has happened, they praise God too.
Today many who have received new life in Christ will gather together in worship to praise the Son of David, who has heard their cries. Come and join in with heart and voice in praise to the ruling King! Hear the good news proclaimed. Call on Jesus for mercy, that you may be made whole.

Thank you, Lord, for hearing my cry in the midst of opposing voices. In your mercy make me whole and grant me full life with you. Amen.

KAJUN
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by KAJUN »

The Betrayal Kiss
Thursday, March 29, 2018 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Psalm 41; Luke 22:47-53

Even my close friend, someone I trusted, one who shared my bread, has turned against me.
Psalm 41:9

Jesus and his disciples left the security of the upper room and walked outside the city to the Mount of Olives. And there, away from the crowds, he was betrayed. A kiss from Judas, one of his own chosen disciples, one who had learned from Jesus for the past few years, betrayed him to the officials who were seeking to destroy him. Jesus confronted Judas with his treason: Are you going to use the kiss of friendship to hand me over to the powers of darkness?

In dark Gethsemane, we see a king we don’t expect to see. Instead of a pompous ruler on a throne, we see our suffering Lord, who faces the humiliation of a bitter betrayal.
And we must remember that he suffered all this for you and me so that we might live.

Lord, thank you for enduring all this suffering and death for me. I am eternally grateful. Please help me be faithful, Lord. I pray in your name. Amen.

KAJUN
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by KAJUN »

Truth in Jerusalem
Friday, March 30, 2018 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Psalm 110; Luke 22:66-71

Rule in the midst of your enemies!
Psalm 110:2

Speaking truth to power is dangerous. You may lose your job, be publicly humiliated, and have your family disgraced. You may even lose your life. That’s the way of the world, and, sadly, it is sometimes also the way of God’s people. Jesus suffered humiliation and death at the hands of religious leaders who had closed their minds to the truth of God.
The problem was that Jesus had agreed with them. Jesus had said, “’The Son of Man will be seated at the right hand of the mighty God.” And they asked, “Are you then the Son of God?” And he said, “You say that I am.”
These self-righteous authorities had wanted Jesus himself to say: “Yes, I am the Son of God.” But Jesus used his enemies’ words against them. In effect, he had them declare in the highest religious court that he was the Son of God. They’d fallen into the pit they had tried to dig for Jesus. But they still had political power and could try to spin things their own way. So the officials twisted Jesus’ words to fit their purposes, and they condemned him to death.

But a word once spoken cannot be recovered. The truth was out. Jesus’ opponents are forever remembered as declaring that he had the authority he claimed. And with that authority he proceeded to the cross—to pay for sin once for all.

On this Good Friday, Lord, thank you that not even the most powerful authorities could stamp out the truth of the gospel: that you are Lord. Thank you for dying for me. Amen.

KAJUN
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by KAJUN »

Righteousness Outside Jerusalem
Holy Saturday, March 31, 2018 12:00 AM

Scripture Reading: Psalm 11; Luke 23:44-49

Surely this was a righteous man.
Luke 23:47

When Jesus turned his face to Jerusalem in order “to be taken up to heaven” (Luke 9:51), he in effect declared that his death was the planned end of his mission. The rulers in Jerusalem believed that they had gotten rid of a blasphemer and someone who was disrupting the people, but a Roman officer declared what he witnessed: the crucifixion of a righteous man.
Someone who is righteous has the love of God in their heart and shows it by doing what’s right. That person’s purpose in life is to do the will of the heavenly Father. Jesus accomplished all of that with determination and without sin.
The righteous Christ died on a cross outside Jerusalem to pay for human sin and to give new life to all who believe in him. And all who are made right with God in Christ will live with him in the presence of God forever, in the new heaven and new earth.
Those who condemned Jesus to be crucified had given false testimony against him. But the officer who had witnessed Jesus’ crucifixion praised God when he declared Jesus a righteous man.

Where are you today? If God were to ask you—as he asked Adam in the Garden of Eden—“Where are you?” what would you say?

Are you a follower of Jesus, who was crucified for your sins?

Lord Jesus, thank you for laying down your life for our sake, and thank you for rising from the dead with the promise of new life for us all. May we forever follow you. Amen.

KAJUN
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by KAJUN »

He Is Not Here!
Sunday, April 1, 2018 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Mark 16:1-8

“Don’t be alarmed,” he said. “You are looking for Jesus the Nazarene, who was crucified. He has risen! He is not here.”
Mark 16:6

In many nations, April 1 is celebrated as April Fool’s Day—a time for playing practical jokes on friends and unsuspecting individuals.

This year, April 1 is also Easter Sunday, and although the celebration of Easter is no joke, it is certainly full of joy! What we celebrate and remember today lies at the heart of who we are as followers of Jesus Christ.

Easter, Resurrection Sunday, is the day when Christians everywhere exclaim with joy and authority, “Christ is risen! He is risen indeed!”

But if we were to put ourselves as characters into that first Easter story, what would our reaction be to finding an empty tomb and a stranger sitting there, telling us not to worry? Would we think it was a cruel practical joke or something very real, powerful, and life changing?

That’s what those first visitors to the tomb had to figure out. And everyone who has ever heard the story of Jesus must do the same. To believe in the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus opens our lives to all the joy, power, freedom, and hope the resurrection has to offer. This is the gospel story. This is life-changing good news!

Will you claim this good news?

Dear Jesus, today we claim you, celebrate you, and proclaim you as the risen Lord. Today and every day, fill us with the hope, power, love, and joy your resurrection offers. In your name we pray. Amen.

KAJUN
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by KAJUN »

Resurrection Joy
Monday, April 2, 2018 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Luke 24:36-53

They worshiped him and returned to Jerusalem with great joy. And they stayed continually at the temple, praising God.
Luke 24:52-53

Jesus’ followers were trying to figure out what had just happened. On Friday they had watched as Jesus, the one they had come to love and trust, was crucified. On Sunday morning they had discovered his body was missing. And then, on Sunday evening, they were processing what seemed impossible—testimonies from friends saying they had seen Jesus alive. So the disciples got together and started discussing things. They wanted to believe Jesus was alive, but common sense would have made it hard not to be doubtful. Still, they experienced a sense of excitement as they pondered what the reality of Jesus being alive might truly mean.
Then Jesus showed up. He revealed himself in the middle of the messiness. He allowed for anyone with doubts and fears to come and touch him and to see that he was truly alive. His followers responded with great joy and worship.
Our lives are often filled with doubts, burdens, and fears. At such times, Jesus does not abandon us. He comes to us in the midst of it all and invites us to come near. Jesus wants us to experience resurrection joy and to let his presence fill our lives with wonder, worship, and amazement—even amid all the messiness of life!
Ask him to come and visit with you today!

Lord Jesus, we praise you for your victory over death. Drive away our troubles and doubts, and fill us with joy in your presence, we pray. Amen.

KAJUN
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by KAJUN »

A Definition of Joy
Tuesday, April 3, 2018 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Galatians 5:13-26

The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
Galatians 5:22-23

I spend a lot of time with teenagers. I also spend time trying to figure out the words they’re using sometimes, because teens like to give words new meanings and even come up with new words.
I like wondering what lies at the heart of a word. When I started to think about the word joy, I looked it up in the dictionary. The general definition of joy was listed as “an emotion evoked by well-being or success.” So we can feel joy when we have good times with people we love, when we appreciate art or view some breathtaking scenery, when we accomplish something challenging, and more.
But where does joy fit in when situations are not happy, beautiful, or successful? Is joy just a happy response to good times?
Biblical joy is a fruit of the Holy Spirit, the evidence of God’s love growing in us. For a believer in Jesus Christ, joy is more than a fleeting response to happy times. Joy is cultivated, pruned, and harvested throughout all the seasons and circumstances of our lives. Jesus laid the foundation of joy when he freed us from sin, with all its pain and suffering, and made new life possible for us. Joy in Christ’s success lies at the heart of who we are in Christ. This is the joy we claim. This is the joy we cultivate!

Lord, joy is a gift you offer us through your death and resurrection. Continue to grow the gift of joy in us so your fruit is evident in our lives. In the peace, love, and joy of Christ we pray. Amen.

KAJUN
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by KAJUN »

Ultimate Blessing and Joy
Wednesday, April 4, 2018 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Matthew 5:1-12

Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds.
James 1:2

Today’s Bible reading includes a section of Jesus’ teaching that is often called “The Beati­tudes.” Beatitudes can be described as “ultimate blessings.” These blessings refer to the glorious goodness of life with God in his kingdom and presence. And we can count on these blessings despite all the difficulties we may face in our lives, including persecution for being followers of Christ. All who claim God’s promises in Christ can live in the hope of these promises. But the beatitude blessings are more than just promises for the future.
Notice how James talks about having joy in the midst of trials. Christian joy includes a profoundly deep sense of peace and comfort that sustains believers even in the midst of persecution, trials, and suffering. The blessedness of this joy is the same as the ultimate blessedness of the beatitudes.
Through the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ, God offers us a joyful, blessed spirit—not only in anticipation of the life to come but also in this life too.

A joyful spirit is not one that is happy all the time, no matter the circumstances. Rather, it has the firm foundation of peace and understanding that no matter what happens, God loves us, knows us, and will never leave us. This truly is the highest blessing.

Blessed Lord, you offer us ultimate blessedness in your presence always, and for that we humbly thank you. May our spirit reflect the joy of the hope we have in you. In Christ we pray. Amen.