The Daily Verse

Discuss these subjects at your own risk!
You may find your way to Eden or the garden of Hell!
I will NOT be responsible for where you might end up!
Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Re: The Daily Verse

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Serving the Master
Wednesday, February 21, 2018 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Luke 17:1-10

The apostles said to the Lord, “Increase our faith!”
Luke 17:5

Jesus, help us to see that you work with small things so that the glory goes to God alone. I want to serve you because you first loved me. Your grace is enough. Amen.
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Crossing Borders
Thursday, February 22, 2018 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Luke 17:11-19

He threw himself at Jesus’ feet and thanked him—and he was a Samaritan.
Luke 17:16

Gracious Master, thank you for crossing the border of sin and death for our sake so that we can be freed to have new life. In gratitude, and for your sake, may I do the same for others. Amen.
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Knowing That Justice Will Come
Friday, February 23, 2018 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Luke 18:1-8

Because this widow keeps bothering me, I will see that she gets justice, so that she won’t eventually come and attack me!
Luke 18:5

Dear Jesus, like the disciples, we need to learn patience and persistence in prayer. Help us to see your hand at work and be grateful. Amen.

KAJUN
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: HARLEY THE BIG MOTHER

Post by KAJUN »

Sunday, February 25, 2018 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Luke 18:9-14

This man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.
Luke 18:14

“God, have mercy on me, a sinner.” I can do nothing to justify myself, but I know that you forgive my sins for Jesus’ sake. Thank you, in his name. Amen.
The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Monday, February 26, 2018 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Luke 18:18-23

You still lack one thing. Sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.
Luke 18:22

The Jesus life always calls us to follow the Lord ahead of everything else in our lives, no matter the cost. Can we live the Jesus life?

Master, give me the desire to follow you, whatever the cost. Help me to live sacrificially so that I can help others in your name. Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Great Costs, Great Blessings
Tuesday, February 27, 2018 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Luke 18:24-30

Peter said to him, “We have left all we had to follow you!”
Luke 18:28

Lord, we know that life on this earth can be tough. Help us to look forward to the time when all relationships are healed in your eternal presence. In your name, Amen.

Is 1:10, 16-20
Hear the word of the LORD,
princes of Sodom!
Listen to the instruction of our God,
people of Gomorrah!

Wash yourselves clean!
Put away your misdeeds from before my eyes;
cease doing evil; learn to do good.
Make justice your aim: redress the wronged,
hear the orphan's plea, defend the widow.

Come now, let us set things right,
says the LORD:
Though your sins be like scarlet,
they may become white as snow;
Though they be crimson red,
they may become white as wool.
If you are willing, and obey,
you shall eat the good things of the land;
But if you refuse and resist,
the sword shall consume you:
for the mouth of the LORD has spoken!

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Did I Sign Up for Suffering?
Wednesday, February 28, 2018 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Luke 18:31-34

The disciples did not understand any of this. Its meaning was hidden from them, and they did not know what he was talking about.
Luke 18:34

Jesus asked his followers to come and die with him. As we walk the road of Lent, looking ahead to Good Friday, are we willing to take up our cross and follow him?

Lord, I know that pain and suffering cannot be avoided in this life. Guide me to follow you faithfully, knowing that your resurrection power will overcome for good. Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Thursday, March 1, 2018 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Genesis 3:1-9; John 14:1-7

The Lord God called to the man, “Where are you?"
Genesis 3:9

Walking with the Lord means constantly answering the question “Where are you?” and emerging from our hiding places—that we may see ourselves in the light of God’s grace. It’s a good question to ask at the beginning of each day this month.

Have your own way with me, Lord, and keep my feet on the path that leads to eternal life. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Neighbors on the Way
Friday, March 2, 2018 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Genesis 4:1-7; Luke 15:21-32

Love the Lord your God with all your heart. . . .’ . . . And . . . ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’
Matthew 22:37-39

I confess, Lord, that it’s difficult to love some of my neighbors—and it must be difficult for some of my neighbors to love me. Pour out your love on us, in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

The Food of Fasting
Saturday, March 3, 2018 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Deuteronomy 8:1-3; Matthew 4:1-4

Man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of the Lord.
Deuteronomy 8:3

Are you following Christ’s example today?

We thank you, Lord, for our daily bread. Help us to live by every word that comes from the mouth of God. Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

I Surrender All
Sunday, March 4, 2018 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Genesis 12:1-4; Matthew 4:18-22

“Go . . . to the land I will show you. . . .” So Abram went.
Genesis 12:1, 4

Fasting is a healthy spiritual exercise. It can make us aware of the life-changing power of walking with God.
Lord, give us the wisdom to recognize the burdens that slow our walk with you, and the strength to give them up and grow closer to you. Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Tested
Monday, March 5, 2018 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: James 1:1-8, 12-15

Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds. . . .
James 1:2

Have you asked God for wisdom to withstand temptations?

Under the shadow of your wings, Lord, give me the wisdom and strength to persevere in my walk with you. Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Wishing for a Desert?
Tuesday, March 6, 2018 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Exodus 16:1-3; Revelation 12:13-14

If only we had died by the Lord’s hand in Egypt!
Exodus 16:3

Have you ever wished to “get away from it all”—to escape daily pressures and difficult peo­ple and relationships, to move far away and try to get your life back together again? Be careful what you wish for.
Jesus showed us how it is done. When tempted by the ancient oppressor, he quoted the Word of God each time, saying, “It is written” (Matthew 4:1-11). Jesus silenced his own voice so that his Father’s Word might be heard.

Heavenly Father, help me to know your Word, that I may speak it whenever I am tempted by the ancient oppressor. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Scripture Reading: Proverbs 6:16-19; Matthew 5:27-30
Offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God.
Romans 12:1

Many Christian parents have taught their children the song “Oh, be careful little eyes what you see.” That’s because little eyes don’t just see another child’s toy; they can lead one to envy what another has. To remind adults about this, Jesus uses the example of a man looking at a woman lustfully.

The Christian tradition has often thought about how we offend God in the ways we use our eyes, hands, feet, and other body parts. The seven deadly sins, for example, are listed as envy, gluttony, greed, lust, pride, sloth, and anger. All of these—and more—play a part in our disobedience to God.

The Christian tradition has also thought about what we can do with our bodies to please God. The seven virtues, in contrast to the deadly sins, are listed as kindness, temperance, charity, chastity, humility, diligence, and patience. And all of these—along with other good things—play an important role in our walk with God.

Anyone who thinks they can practice such virtues in place of their sins will find that they can’t do it on their own. But because Jesus paid the price of all our sin, the Spirit of God comes into our lives to work in us, making us new. The Spirit gives us the strength to resist sin and to serve God faithfully.

Do you believe this? Ask God’s Spirit to help you today!

I want to live faithfully for you, Lord, but I need the power of your Spirit to focus my eyes, direct my feet, and place my hands where you would have them be. Help me, Lord. In Jesus, Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Obsessed With Envy
Thursday, March 8, 2018 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: 1 Kings 21:1-16; Matthew 5:29

He lay on his bed sulking and refused to eat.
1 Kings 21:4

Open my eyes, Lord, that I may learn to see with joy the gifts you bestow on my neighbor. Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Doing Kindness
Friday, March 9, 2018 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Genesis 40:12-14, 23; Luke 10:25-37

The Lord is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love.
Psalm 103:8

You have been kind to me, Lord; help me to act in kindness to others. Give me your eyes to see, that my sight may become whole. In Jesus, Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

What’s Eating You?
Saturday, March 10, 2018 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Ecclesiastes 6:7-9; Matthew 6:25-27

Give us today our daily bread.
Matthew 6:11

“For health and strength and daily food, we praise your name, O Lord.” Help us to appreciate your daily provisions and not continually want more. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Haste Makes Waste
Sunday, March 11, 2018 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Genesis 4:23-24; 2 Timothy 1:5-7

The Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.
2 Timothy 1:7

Lord, thank you for the strength to surrender my wants to your will. But I know I don’t always show self-control. Help me to be strong, in your name. Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

How Much Is Enough?
Monday, March 12, 2018 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Proverbs 30:7-9; Luke 12:13-21

Godliness with contentment is great gain.
1 Timothy 6:6

Greed always wants to gather more than is needed—and it refuses to share.

Dear Lord, “give me neither poverty nor riches.” Help me not to be greedy but to rely on you for what I need, and to share willingly. In Jesus, Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Scripture Reading: 2 Kings 4:1-7; 1 Corinthians 13:4-7, 13

Christ’s love compels us. . . . He died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again.
2 Corinthians 5:14-15

Most loving God, author of all love, may we love as you love us. May your love flow through us to a world that desperately needs your love. Amen.