The Daily Verse

Discuss these subjects at your own risk!
You may find your way to Eden or the garden of Hell!
I will NOT be responsible for where you might end up!
Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: 1996 VS1400

Re: The Daily Verse

Post by Larry TN »

I cannot be sure, but I do not doubt that while mom was alive, she used this verse in more than one prayer for me.Image
"Give the people you have offended time to apologize." -Rev Samuel Porter Jones (in 1906)

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

Matthew 8:31 "So the devils besought him, saying, If thou cast us out, suffer us to go away into the herd of swine."
"Give the people you have offended time to apologize." -Rev Samuel Porter Jones (in 1906)

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

cheapcookies wrote:Now in those days a decree went out from Caesar Augustus, that a census be taken of all the inhabited earth.-cc
Happy Sunday.

Census, n. TAX, enrolment, registration; originated by Cyrenius, Roman gov. of Syria.
Roman rulers seldom sought the advice of God before any undertaking, but 2 Samuel 24 gives an account of a census taken of the men in Israel over 20 which took 9 months and 20 days to accomplish. David was given a choice of 3 punishments for this census, and the one he chose, a mere 3 days pestilence in the land, promptly cost the lives of 70,000 of the men over 20 years old. This appears to have been in the course of one day. God is merciful.
satan has always tempted men to aspire to know what only God knows. Humans are easily convinced to think more highly of themselves individually and collectively, which is pure unadulterated 100% caca del toro. We are the creation of a Creator, we will never be greater.

P.S. we might have fared better if Adam had kept a closer eye on Eve, since she also wanted to know what God knew.

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

...verses, in this case.

1 Thessalonians 2:14 "For ye, bretheren, became followers of the churches of God which in Judaea are in Christ Jesus: for ye also have suffered like things of your own countrymen, even as they have of the Jews:" 2:15 "Who both killed the Lord Jesus, and their own prophets, and have persecuted us; and they please not God, and are contrary to all men:" 2:16 "Forbidding us to speak to the Gentiles that they might be saved, to fill up their sins alway: for the wrath is come upon them to the uttermost."

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

Now wait a minute... God said there were supposed to be churches? When did that happen?

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

YoDude wrote:Now wait a minute... God said there were supposed to be churches? When did that happen?

Yo-
8:15 GMT, a while back. On a balmy Tuesday afternoon, as I recall.

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

YoDude wrote:Now wait a minute... God said there were supposed to be churches? When did that happen?

Yo-
1. Forsake not the assembling of yourselves together...
2. Wherever 2 or 3 are gathered together in my name...

nothing about a cathedral, the church was, and is, a group of true believers in Christ.

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

cheapcookies wrote:Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not.-cc
Consider how many groups now openly admit to the opinion that God does NOT exist; that God did NOT create all that we see, and we do NOT want God in our schools, or our nation or our planet. More and more people, when asked asked about God, simply reply: "I Think Not."

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

Acts 13:39 "And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses."

justified: made free from (took away), as in my drinking, womanizing and my smoking. All the law of Moses (10 commandments) could do was show me how and where I screwed up. Pretty much like the laws of today, which are designed to punish, but seldom rehabilitate anyone.

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

Titus 2:2 "That the aged men be sober, grave, temeprate, sound in faith, in charity, in patience."

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

2 John 1:9 "Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son." 10; "If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:" 11; "For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds."

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

cheapcookies wrote:I'm the liturgist this Sunday.

What do you want to bet I read about Advent?
-cc
Sounds like an honor and a priveledge.

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

cheapcookies wrote:Behold, a virgin will be with child and bear a son, and she will call His name Immanuel.

-cc

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

Larry TN wrote:
cheapcookies wrote:Behold, a virgin will be with child and bear a son, and she will call His name Immanuel.

-cc
Immanuel: God with us, or God is with us.

WithOUT faith the verse is both impossible to believe or understand. Science in general and the fake evolution crowd tend to believe something different.
Is my typing worse than my proofreading, or vice versa? Sabotage...nah, i musta messed up.

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

Matthew 7:6 "Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you."

as the beatles said, I "shoulda known better." Pray.

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

Matthew 2:1 "Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem,
2; "Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him."

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

cheapcookies wrote:^ I was saving that one for Christmas day!

-cc
I thought about that, but things get hectic around that time. It's high retail season.

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

Matthew 10:33 "But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven."

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!
My Bike: VS 1400. Royal Enfield

Post by Fred »

Try this one

Larry TN wrote:Matthew 10:33 "But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven."

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

John 11:35 "Jesus wept.'