The Daily Verse

Discuss these subjects at your own risk!
You may find your way to Eden or the garden of Hell!
I will NOT be responsible for where you might end up!
Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Re: The Daily Verse

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

God’s Purpose: Saving Many Lives
Friday, May 4, 2018 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Genesis 50:15-21

You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives.
Genesis 50:20

God of grace and forgiveness, help us to look beyond our hurts and troubles to see that you are at work in our lives too—day in and day out. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen.
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Church: A New Family
By Julius Medenblik, Saturday, May 5, 2018 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Ruth 1:6-18

Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God.
Ruth 1:16

Father God, help us, your children, to have church families in which we love each other as brothers and sisters in faith. Forgive us when we do not act that way. In the name of our Brother, Jesus, Amen.
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

A Glimpse of Ascension Day
By Julius Medenblik, Sunday, May 6, 2018 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Psalm 110

The Lord says to my lord, “Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet.”
Psalm 110:1

God of time and eternity, thank you for your faithfulness to us day after day. May we rejoice that Jesus is the Lord of life, now and forever. Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

May 7, 2018 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Deuteronomy 34
The Lord said to [Moses] . . . “I have let you see it with your eyes, but you will not cross over into it.”
Deuteronomy 34:4

Dear God, thank you for being the God of promise and fulfillment. Help us to look to Jesus, who is not only the author but also the finisher of our faith. In his name, Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Taken Up to Heaven
Tuesday, May 8, 2018 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: 2 Kings 2:1-18

The company of the prophets from Jericho, who were watching, said, “The spirit of Elijah is resting on Elisha.”
2 Kings 2:15

God of power and might, may your mission continue, and may we be strengthened and equipped to do our part by the power of your Spirit. Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

The Transfiguration of Jesus
Wednesday, May 9, 2018 12:00 AM

Scripture Reading: Mark 9:2-13

There appeared before them Elijah and Moses, who were talking with Jesus.
Mark 9:4

God of heaven and earth, may we be encouraged by all that Jesus has done to provide us full life. Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

“Why You Leave Me?”
By Julius Medenblik, Thursday, May 10, 2018 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Acts 1:1-11

He was taken up before their very eyes, and a cloud hid him from their sight.
Acts 1:9

Dear God, as we remember Ascension Day and Jesus’ return to heaven, may we be encouraged to know that as he works to spread his church everywhere, he is also with us. Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Instructions and Promises
Friday, May 11, 2018 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Matthew 28:16-20

Surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.
Matthew 28:20

Dear God, we need you to help us face our fears and doubts. May the presence of Christ by his Spirit empower us! Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

The Hands of Jesus
Saturday, May 12, 2018 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Luke 24:36-53

While he was blessing them, he left them and was taken up into heaven.
Luke 24:51

Between Easter Sunday and Ascension Day, there are forty days. We only have glimpses of what Jesus did during that period, but our reading for today includes two of those glimpses—one taking place on Easter Sunday, and the other on Ascension Day.

Dear Jesus, may your pierced hands still lead us, challenge us, comfort us, protect us, and bless us. Thank you for your love, which you so clearly showed when you opened your hands to receive nails meant for us. Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Related by Faith
Sunday, May 13, 2018 12:00 AM

Scripture Reading: John 19:25-27

Jesus . . . said to her, “Woman, here is your son,” and to the disciple, “Here is your mother.” From that time on, this disciple took her into his home.
John 19:26-27

In many countries at some time of the year there is a focus of gratitude and celebration for the life and influence of mothers. Today is such a day in the United States and Canada as we celebrate Mothers Day.

On this day we generally celebrate the mothers who gave us birth, or adopted us, or stood in a mother’s place for us (such as an aunt or grandmother). We give thanks for and rightly honor the people who have cared for us and loved us.

In God’s family the basis of our relationships is love and care as well. Being part of God’s family is about recognizing the love and provisions we receive from God, coming to faith by God’s grace, and then connecting with others who have a similar relationship with God—and inviting still others whom God wants us to welcome into his family.

As we learn about how the early church developed, we see that the mother of Jesus became part of the household of the disciple John. She also became a “mother” to John and took care of him. Jesus made sure that this relationship of mutual adoption framed their future even as he paid the ultimate price for all our sin.

Let’s not forget about this important link between Mary and John. The early church was noted for their love for one another in Christ. May we follow that example today too and live out that legacy.

Father God, in your family help us to live by love, hospitality, and generosity for Jesus’ sake. Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

The Foundation of Prayer
Monday, May 14, 2018 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Acts 1:12-14

They all joined together constantly in prayer, along with the women and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brothers.
Acts 1:14

Dear God, so often our prayers are about our needs and wants.
Please forgive us for our self-centeredness even in prayer.
May we join together in prayer for the needs of others and for your church, seeking your will. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Understanding the Times
Tuesday, May 15, 2018 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Acts 1:15-20

The Scripture had to be fulfilled in which the Holy Spirit spoke long ago through David concerning Judas, who served as guide for those who arrested Jesus.
Acts 1:16

Lord of all, we are people with regrets, doubts, and disappointments. We pray for your forgiveness and grace. Thank you for providing new chapters of life for us. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen.

KAJUN
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: HARLEY THE BIG MOTHER

Post by KAJUN »

The Blessing of Witnesses
Wednesday, May 16, 2018 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Acts 1:21-26

One of these must become a witness with us of his resurrection.
Acts 1:22

Dear God, may our witness for Jesus be clear. Grant us courage in being faithful witnesses as we give testimony about the Savior as the Lord of our lives. In his name, Amen.
The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.

KAJUN
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by KAJUN »

Fire and Calling
Thursday, May 17, 2018 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Exodus 3:1-15

The angel of the Lord appeared to [Moses] in flames of fire from within a bush.
Exodus 3:2

Dear God, you call us to be your people and tell others about your mighty acts. May we also find comfort in knowing that we can trust your promises to be with us. Amen.

KAJUN
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by KAJUN »

Fire and a Call for Decision
Friday, May 18, 2018 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: 1 Kings 18:16-39

When all the people saw [the fire of the Lord], they fell prostrate and cried, “The Lord—he is God! The Lord—he is God!”
2 Kings 18:39

We serve the one true God, who hears us. We serve the God who is not silent. We serve the God who was even willing to send his Son, Jesus Christ, to die for us, securing our salvation. This God also turns to us and calls us to follow him.

Dear God, forgive us when we waver or even flirt with other gods like the god of self, or power, or status, or materialism. May we cry out and acknowledge you day by day. Amen.

)

KAJUN
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by KAJUN »

The Spirit Will Pour Out
Saturday, May 19, 2018 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Joel 2:28-32

I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your old men will dream dreams, your young men will see visions.
Joel 2:28

On this Saturday in May, many colleges and seminaries will hold graduation ceremonies. Congratulations to our graduates! As a seminary president who stands before men and women who have completed their education and are ready to commence or continue on their ministry journey, I will be reminded of this passage in the book of Joel.
On Pentecost Sunday, this is the passage the apostle Peter referred to when he explained the good news of Jesus. There are many Scriptures to choose from, but if you had to address people who were skeptical, fearful, and even amazed, which passage would you choose?
Peter drew from the prophet Joel, who speaks about the outpouring of the Spirit on all people. This prophecy and its message are not for a select few, or even a single nation, but for everyone.
In a moment in time, God pours out his Spirit and inaugurates a new day for his relationship with his people. Prophecies, visions, and dreams that were once reserved for a select few are now distributed through young and old, men and women. A new day has come, and it has one ultimate purpose: the skeptical, the fearful, and the amazed are invited to call on the name of the Lord and be saved.

Lord, bless all our graduates who commence to a new stage of life. May your Spirit be poured out on them, and may they serve you well wherever they are called. In Jesus, Amen.

KAJUN
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by KAJUN »

The Holy Spirit at Work
Sunday, May 20, 2018 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Acts 2:1-13

All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them.
Acts 2:4

A harvest of souls is being gathered. This is an example of what Jesus meant when he taught his disciples: “Open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for the harvest” (John 4:35).

Lord of the harvest, thank you for sending your Spirit to empower us to be your witnesses in word and deed. May our words be guided and even translated by your Spirit. Amen.

KAJUN
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by KAJUN »

What Shall We Do?
Monday, May 21, 2018 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Acts 2:14-41

When the people heard this, they were cut to the heart and said . . . “What shall we do?”
Acts 2:37

Peter guides these listeners to “repent and be baptized . . . in the name of Jesus Christ.” And they receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. Pressing further, he urges and pleads with others to call on the Lord’s name. And about 3,000 people believe and are baptized!

Dear God, may our hearts always be open to your gospel message. Our sins brought Jesus to the cross, and he paid the price to save us from eternal death. Thank you for the grace that comes through salvation in Jesus. Amen.

KAJUN
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by KAJUN »

Devotion Displayed
By Julius Medenblik, Tuesday, May 22, 2018 12:00 AM

Scripture Reading: Acts 2:42-47

They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.
Acts 2:42

Dear God, thank you for every person we can connect with today. May we show them a joyful devotion directed to you and displayed to all we meet. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

KAJUN
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by KAJUN »

What We Have We Give
By Julius Medenblik, Wednesday, May 23, 2018 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Acts 3:1-10

Silver or gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk.
Acts 3:1-10

Dear God of healing, help us to see people in need. May our eyes be directed by your heart for others. May we be people who welcome and show your love to everyone. In Jesus’ name, Amen.