The Daily Verse

Discuss these subjects at your own risk!
You may find your way to Eden or the garden of Hell!
I will NOT be responsible for where you might end up!
Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Re: The Daily Verse

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Friday, August 4, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: 2 Samuel 1:17-27

David took up this lament concerning Saul and his son Jonathan.
2 Samuel 1:17

Lord, there are many times in life when we feel as if the bottom has fallen out and we are left gasping.
Thank you that you never turn away from our heartfelt cries.
Thank you for sending your Spirit to be our constant comfort in distress. Amen.
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Saturday, August 5, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Jonah 2

In my distress I called to the Lord, and he answered me.
Jonah 2:2

Thank you, Lord, for songs based on your Word that have found a place in our hearts and have given us a reservoir of grace. Help us to focus on you when we feel swallowed up by life. Amen.
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Sunday, August 6, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Isaiah 12; John 4:1-14

With joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation.
Isaiah 12:3

Father, your love is so deep and vast. You gave your only Son for us. We can’t begin to understand your amazing grace. But we know that the death of Jesus on the cross paid the price for our sins. Thank you! Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that.
—1 Timothy 6:7-8

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Tuesday, August 8, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Isaiah 40:25-31; Revelation 6:9-11

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.
Isaiah 40:31

Lord, our lives are filled with waiting. Sometimes we anticipate with joy; some­times we dread waking to another day. May our hope always be in you, our King who has come and is coming again. In your name, Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Wednesday, August 9, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: 1 Chronicles 23:1-5; 25:1, 6-7

Let everything that has breath praise the Lord. Praise the Lord.
Psalm 150:6

Father God, may we lift up our hearts in praise to you today, for you are worthy to receive “honor and ­ glory and praise!” (Revela­tion 5:12). Amen.

Religious Observances

Christian : Commemoration of St Denys
Religious History

1765 English founder of Methodism John Wesley wrote in a letter: 'You have but one Pattern; follow Him inwardly and outwardly. If other believers will go step for step with you, well; but if not, follow Him!'
1788 Birth of Adoniram Judson, American Baptist missionary. He first sailed to Burma in 1812, and spent nearly all of his remaining 38 years in missionary and literacy work there. Judson translated the entire Bible into Burmese by 1834.
1884 Birth of Kenneth Scott Latourette, Baptist church historian. Teaching at Yale from 1921-53, his greatest writings were his 7-volume History of the Expansion of Christianity (1937-45) and 5-volume Christianity in a Revolutionary Age (1958-62). Latourette died a bachelor.
1942 English Bible expositor Arthur W. Pink wrote in a letter: 'Waiting on the Lord (Isa. 40:31, etc.) describes an attitude of soul when we are engaged in true prayer, but waiting for the Lord is the exercise of patience while His answer tarries.'
1960 The Church of the Lutheran Confession adopted its constitution at a convention held at Watertown, South Dakota. The denomination was formally organized the following January (1961) at Sleepy Eye, Minnesota.

Source: William D. Blake. ALMANAC OF THE CHRISTIAN CHURCH. Minneapolis: Bethany House, 1987.
Additional information supplied by the author. Contact via E-mail: William D. Blake. (pilgrimwb@aol.com)

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Friday, August 11, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: 2 Chronicles 20:1-28

Jehoshaphat appointed men to sing to the Lord and to praise him for the splendor of his holiness.
2 Chronicles 20:21

Lord, help us to follow you in faith, knowing you are with us. Thank you for your victory. We praise your name! Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Sunday, August 13, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Lamentations 5

The young men have stopped their music. Joy is gone from our hearts. . . .
Lamentations 5:14-15

“Great is thy faithfulness, O God my Father. . . . Morning by morning new mercies I see.” Thank you, Lord! Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Monday, August 14, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Luke 1:39-45

Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit. In a loud voice she exclaimed: “Blessed are you. . . .”
Luke 1:41-42

Lord, help us to express our joy and love for you in praise each day. Help us to see daily how you are working out our salvation in Christ Jesus. In your powerful name. Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Tuesday, August 15, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Luke 1:46-56

My soul glorifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior.
Luke 1:46-47

Lord God, thank you for Mary’s song. Thank you for the reminder that it’s all about you. We glorify and praise you for your great mercy to us. Holy is your name. Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Wednesday, August 16, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Luke 1:5-20, 57-79

Zechariah was filled with the Holy Spirit and prophesied: “Praise be to the Lord, the God of Israel. . . .”
Luke 1:67-68

Lord Jesus, pour out your Holy Spirit on us. Make us strong in you so that we will carry on the great mission to which you have called us. Help us to tell others of you, the Savior of the world. In your name we pray. Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Thursday, August 17, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Luke 2:1-15

Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.
Luke 2:14

We give you all glory, Lord God, for your great salvation. May we, like the shepherds of old, waste no time in acknowledging you as our Savior and Lord. In your name we pray. Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Friday, August 18, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Luke 2:15-20

The shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things they had heard and seen. . . .
Luke 2:20

We thank you, heavenly Father, that in your great mercy and love you not only revealed yourself to us but also gave your only Son for us. May we join our voices with those of the shepherds not only in singing your praises but also in telling others of your amazing grace and salvation. In Jesus our Savior’s name, Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Sunday, August 20, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: 1 Timothy 3:14-16

He appeared in the flesh, was vindicated by the Spirit, was seen by angels, was preached among the nations, was believed on in the world, was taken up in glory.
1 Timothy 3:16

Thank you, Father, that we are reminded of the great mystery you have revealed to us in Jesus. Thank you for your love that sent him to become our Savior, Lord, and King. In his name we pray. Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Monday, August 21, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Matthew 26:27-32

When they had sung a hymn, they went out to the Mount of Olives.
Matthew 26:30

Thank you, Jesus, for dying and rising to new life for our sake. May we live confidently today, knowing that your love never fails. In your name we pray. Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Tuesday, August 22, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Acts 16:16-34

About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God. . . .
Acts 16:25

Lord, when things go wrong in our lives, guide us to turn to you in prayer and singing so that others will come to know the One who has opened the way to abundant and eternal life. Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Wednesday, August 23, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Colossians 3:12-17

Teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts.
Colossians 3:16

Dear Lord, thank you for the gift of music. Thank you for giving us songs to express our gratitude to you every day. In your name we pray. Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Thursday, August 24, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Hebrews 13:1-6

God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.”
Hebrews 13:5

Dear Lord, thank you that “you never let go, through the calm and through the storm.” Thank you, Jesus. In your name, Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Friday, August 25, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Romans 11:33-12:2

Lord, often we are as puzzled as Paul about the way you deal with us. Even so, may we stand in awe of your amazing grace and respond to you with songs of praise and acts of service. Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Saturday, August 26, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Romans 15:1-13

With one mind and one voice [may] you . . . glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Romans 15:6

Father, make us one. Unite us so that the world may know you have sent Jesus, the Savior. Amen.