The Daily Verse

Discuss these subjects at your own risk!
You may find your way to Eden or the garden of Hell!
I will NOT be responsible for where you might end up!
Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Re: The Daily Verse

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Friday, July 14, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Jeremiah 5:1-5

Go up and down the streets of Jerusalem, look around and consider, search through her squares. If you can find but one person who deals honestly and seeks the truth, I will forgive this city.
Jeremiah 5:1

O God, you see into our hearts. Give us eyes to see what is really there. May we turn from our sin and honor you. Teach us from Jesus’ example. Amen.
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Saturday, July 15, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Galatians 5:16-26

Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
Galatians 5:24

Thank you Father, that we are united with Christ in his death and resurrection, and that your Spirit lives within us. Help us to grow in godliness. Amen
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Sunday, July 16, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Jeremiah 29:1, 4-7

Seek the peace and prosperity of the city to which I have carried you into exile. Pray to the Lord for it, because if it prospers, you too will prosper.
Jeremiah 29:7

Lord, we pray for our town or city, our country, our world. It can be depressing to hear of so much trouble in the news. Give us a sense of calling; show us what we can do as salt and light in society today. In Jesus, Amen.

Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”
So God created man in his own image,
in the image of God he created him;
male and female he created them.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Monday, July 17, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Proverbs 15:1-14

A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.
Proverbs 15:1

Lord, our spirits are weary from the warfare of this world. We long for your gentleness. Transform our rough and harsh hearts, and give us a gentle and quiet spirit. Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Tuesday, July 18, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Psalm 68:1-10

God sets the lonely in families, he leads out the prisoners with singing.
Psalm 68:6

Lord, “Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever” (Psalm 73:25-26). May I reach out with your love to people who are lonely. In Jesus, Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Wednesday, July 19, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Luke 7:1-10

This man . . . loves our nation and has built our synagogue.
Luke 7:4-5

Lord, forgive us our prejudices and stupid irritations that stand in the way of loving others. Give us the courage to step out and relate to everyone. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Thursday, July 20, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: 2 Corinthians 1:8-11

We were under great pressure, far beyond our ability to endure. . . . But this happened that we might not rely on ourselves but on God. . . .
2 Corinthians 1:8-9

Lord, we ask not for a stress-free life but that you will teach us to rely on you. Through your Spirit living in our hearts, give us wisdom and strength. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Friday, July 21, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: John 8:2-11

Jesus . . . asked her, “. . . Has no one condemned you?” “No one, sir,” she said. “Then neither do I condemn you,” Jesus declared. “Go now and leave your life of sin.”
John 8:10-11

Thank you, Jesus, that by bearing our punishment you made a way for us to be forgiven. Lead us to live for you. Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Saturday, July 22, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Ephesians 4:25-32

Thank you, Lord, for your grace and for the fellowship of other saved sinners. May we help each other to live holy lives and share your love with others. In Jesus, Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Sunday, July 23, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Matthew 19:1-9

“Haven’t you read,” [Jesus] replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female’ . . . ‘and the two will become one flesh’?”
Matthew 19:4-5

Lord, as Augustine put it, “Our hearts are restless until they find rest in you.” Guide us all as we seek to know ourselves and how to relate to each other in love. Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Monday, July 24, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Ephesians 4:11-16

Speaking the truth in love, we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of him who is the head, that is, Christ.
Ephesians 4:15

Lord, we know how necessary love and sensitivity are when confronting ­others and asking for change. Make us guileless in our speaking. May we be loving, humble, respectful, and truthful, not hurtful or manipulative. In Jesus, Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Romans 16:1-7, 15-16

Greet one another with a holy kiss.
Romans 16:16

O God, we love you because you first loved us. Thank you that the circle of your love ripples outward in goodwill to all whom we greet in love. In Jesus’ name, Amen.y

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Wednesday, July 26, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Proverbs 12:13-23

Fools show their annoyance at once, but the prudent overlook an insult.
Proverbs 12:16

Lord, preserve us from knee-jerk reactions. Give us a calm spirit that trusts in you. Help us not to become easily annoyed. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Thursday, July 27, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Proverbs 20:5-11

Many claim to have unfailing love, but a faithful person who can find?
Proverbs 20:6

Lord God, thank you for your love and faithfulness and how you protect us each day. May we show your love in all our interactions with others. In Jesus, Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Friday, July 28, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Philippians 4:2-9

I plead with Euodia and I plead with Syntyche to be of the same mind in the Lord.
Philippians 4:2

Lord, give us the grace and flexibility, the patience and love to accept the give-and-take of life together. In Christ, Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Saturday, July 29, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Psalm 19

The heavens declare the glory of God. . . . They have no speech, they use no words; no sound is heard from them.
Psalm 19:1-3

Lord, help us see and hear what nature is saying. Move us to understand that you call us to care for your creation, for the bene­fit of all. Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Sunday, July 30, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Luke 11:37-46

Woe to you, because you load people down with burdens they can hardly carry, and you yourselves will not lift one finger to help them.
Luke 11:46

Lord Jesus, we know that you came to serve. Give shape to our daily lives and relationships; infuse them with an attitude of service as we reflect on all you have taught. Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Tuesday, August 1, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Genesis 1:1-5, 31; Job 38:4-7

Where were you when I laid the earth’s foundation? . . . Who laid its cornerstone—while the morning stars sang together and all the angels shouted for joy?
Job 38:4-7

Dear Lord, open our eyes to your greatness and your love so that we may praise you every day of our lives. For Jesus’ sake, Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Wednesday, August 2, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Genesis 3:1-19
Cursed is the ground because of you. . . . Dust you are and to dust you will return.
Genesis 3:17-19

We thank you, Lord God, that although we live in a sinful world that tries to crush us, we have hope because the final victory is promised through the finished work of Jesus, our Savior. In his name we pray. Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Thursday, August 3, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Exodus 15:1-21

Moses and the Israelites sang this song to the Lord: “I will sing to the Lord, for he is highly exalted.”
Exodus 15:1

Lord, we will sing to you, for you are highly exalted. You are our strength and our defense; you are our salvation. Praise be to your name. Amen.