The Daily Verse

Discuss these subjects at your own risk!
You may find your way to Eden or the garden of Hell!
I will NOT be responsible for where you might end up!
Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Re: The Daily Verse

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Saturday, June 24, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Luke 13:1-9

‘Sir,’ the man replied, ‘leave it alone for one more year, and I’ll dig around it and fertilize it.’
Luke 13:8

Gracious God, together with all people I deserve your judgment for not producing the fruits of humility and compassion. Thank you, Jesus, for coming to rescue and nurture those who repent and follow you. Amen.
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Sunday, June 25, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens: . . . a time to plant and a time to uproot.
Ecclesiastes 3:1-2

God in heaven, thank you for ordering the seasons of the year and the seasons of our lives. Help us to rejoice in you, no matter what the season. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Monday, June 26, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Revelation 14:6-13

Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord. . . . They will rest from their labor, for their deeds will follow them.
Revelation 14:13

Precious Lord, thank you for the guiding light of your promise that our faithful deeds will follow us. For this life and the next, inspire us by your Spirit to remain faithful to Jesus. In his name, Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prayer to Bear My Burden
Lord God, use me today as may suit you; this is my prayer, to submit myself to your Holy Spirit. Put your words in my mouth, O Holy Spirit, whatever the cost, and teach me to bear any burden with the joy of eternal salvation. For every stripe on my back, put an angel in my heart to heal me. In the name and faith of Christ, I pray,
Amen

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Wednesday, June 28, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: 1 Corinthians 15:35-49

So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable.
1 Corinthians 15:42

Christ, you are our only hope in life and in death. Nurture our trust in you, that we may live with you forever. Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Thursday, June 29, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Isaiah 65:17-25

They will plant vineyards and eat their fruit. . . . My chosen ones will long enjoy the work of their hands.
Isaiah 65:21-22

Lord God, thank you for tending my life with your Word, Spirit, and blessings of all that is needed for this life and the life to come. In Jesus I pray. Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Friday, June 30, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Revelation 21:1-7; 22:1-5

He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!”
Revelation 21:5

“My God, how wonderful you are!” We look forward to creation’s liberation from decay and death and our wonderful freedom as children of God in the new heaven and earth! In Jesus, Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Saturday, July 1, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Proverbs 1:1-7

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge. . . .
Proverbs 1:7

Guide us, Lord, teaching us wisdom and love, leading us to restored, enriching relationships. Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Sunday, July 2, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Genesis 3:1-15

The man and his wife heard the sound of the Lord God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the Lord God. . . .
Genesis 3:8

What insecure lives we lead, O God! Fear and anxi­ety isolate us. Reconcile us to yourself, as you promised Adam and Eve, through the Savior who makes forgiveness possible. In his name, Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Monday, July 3, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Colossians 3:1-15

Here there is no Gentile or Jew, circumcised or uncircumcised . . . but Christ is all, and is in all.
Colossians 3:11

Lord, how can we let go of our grievances? Help us to forgive, and give us freedom in Christ to begin anew. Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Tuesday, July 4, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Numbers 12

Moses was a very humble man, more humble than anyone else on the face of the earth.
Numbers 12:3

Lord, give us patience and humility, and make us instruments of your peace. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

July 5, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Exodus 20:1-21

God spoke all these words: “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.”
Exodus 20:1

Lord, we know your law is our light and our guide for life. Give us strength to live wisely and to walk in the way of Christ’s love, which you laid out so clearly for us here. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Thursday, July 6, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Matthew 22:34-40

‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ . . . ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’
Matthew 22:37-39

Your law, O Lord, is so simple and yet so profound. By your Spirit, move in our hearts and fill us with love for you and for one another, through Jesus Christ. Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Friday, July 7, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: John 13:33-35

A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.
John 13:34

Lord Jesus, help us to live for you and for others—not being self-centered but God-centered. Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prayer to Gain and Share Wisdom
Lord, there is so much that I don't know, and I ask you to inspire me with a thirst for knowledge. I pray, too, for wisdom and understanding that I may use my knowledge well. I give thanks for many people I have never met whose knowledge and understanding have been passed on to me. I ask that I may benefit from their work and experience and may contribute, in turn, to the well-being of others.
Amen

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Sunday, July 9, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: 1 Corinthians 13

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking. . . .
1 Corinthians 13:4-5

Lord God, you can see through the veneer of ­hypocrisy, where the heart really has no love. Plant in us true respect and love for others, that we may honor them in our hearts and in our openly expressed manners. Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Monday, July 10, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Genesis 18:1-25

The Lord said, “. . . I will go down and see. . . . .”
Genesis 18:20-21

Lord, give us the love, the will, and the words to communicate with others and with you. Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Tuesday, July 11, 2017 12:00 AM

Scripture Reading: Malachi 4:4-6

He will turn the hearts of the parents to their children, and the hearts of the children to their parents. . . .
Malachi 4:6

O Lord, how sad it is to be estranged, from you and from each other. If we’ve grown unable to communicate, give us the courage to talk, the patience to listen, and the desire to be helpful to each other. Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Wednesday, July 12, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Psalm 118:1-7

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.
Psalm 118:1

Thank you, Lord, for your love. We’re sorry for sinning against you and ­others. Thank you for the beauty of your earth and for your gift of salvation. Please bless us and help us to live for your glory and for the well-being of those around us. Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Thursday, July 13, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Matthew 7:9-12

In everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.
Matthew 7:12

Lord, take our selfish hearts and transform them. Use our grasping knowledge of what would please us, and direct it outward, that we may be thoughtful of others and lighten their burdens. In Jesus’ name, Amen.