The Daily Verse

Discuss these subjects at your own risk!
You may find your way to Eden or the garden of Hell!
I will NOT be responsible for where you might end up!
Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Re: The Daily Verse

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

God’s Cursed Garden
Sunday, June 4, 2017

Scripture Reading: Genesis 3:16-19
Cursed is the ground because of you; through painful toil you will eat food from it all the days of your life. It will produce thorns and thistles for you. . . . Genesis 3:17

Lord God, thank you for this world and the work you still bless so that we can have daily food. Channel our frustration with work to heighten our dependence on our Savior and Lord, Jesus. Amen.
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Monday, June 5, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Isaiah 55:9-13

As the rain and snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth . . . so is my word that goes out from my mouth.
Isaiah 55:10-11

Thank you, Lord, for your Word and how it waters my life to fulfill your purpose. Open my heart to let your Word sink in and transform me. Amen.
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Tuesday, June 6, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Exodus 34:10-21

Six days you shall labor, but on the seventh day you shall rest; even during the plowing season and harvest you must rest.
Exodus 34:21

Lord, thank you for your wisdom and grace. May we be grateful for rest in all the seasons of life, especially the busy times. Refresh us as we rest in our Savior, Jesus. Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Wednesday, June 7, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Mark 4:26-29

Night and day, whether he sleeps or gets up, the seed sprouts and grows, though he does not know how.
Mark 4:27

Dear God, thanks for the gift and mystery of seeds. Help me to humbly do my part in work and prayer and to rely on you for growth in and around me. In Jesus I pray. Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Thursday, June 8, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Matthew 5:43-48

He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.
Matthew 5:45

Father in heaven, thank you for sunshine and rain. As I receive your gifts, remind me that they are for sharing and reflecting your perfect love with others. In Jesus, Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

June 9, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: 1 Corinthians 3:1-9

We are co-workers in God’s service; you are God’s field. . . .
1 Corinthians 3:9

Lord, only you can make your church grow in line with your purposes. Help me to work well with you and with all others in Christ. Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Scripture Reading: Malachi 2:1-2

“If you do not listen, and if you do not resolve to honor my name,” says the Lord Almighty, “I will send a curse on you.”
Malachi 2:2

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Sunday, June 11, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Luke 9:43-50

“We tried to stop him, because he is not one of us.” “Do not stop him,” Jesus said, “for whoever is not against you is for you.”
Luke 9:49-50

Jesus, may your Holy Spirit move us to embrace and serve with followers who may minister in ways that are different from us. Transform our minds and warm our hearts toward all who serve in your name. Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Monday, June 12, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Matthew 13:24-30

While you are pulling the weeds, you may uproot the wheat with them. Let both grow together until the harvest.
Matthew 13:29-30

Father, we praise you for your wisdom, mercy, and patience. Protect us from evil and preserve us, together with all your people, until the day of harvest. In Christ, Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Tuesday, June 13, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Jeremiah 29:1-9

Build houses and settle down; plant gardens and eat what they produce. . . . Increase in number there; do not decrease.
Jeremiah 29:5-6

Lord Almighty, open us up to being planted in places where we can be agents of your influence. Lead us into relationships that will transform us and others. In Jesus, Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Wednesday, June 14, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Jeremiah 29:4-14

Seek the peace and prosperity of the city to which I have carried you into exile. Pray to the Lord for it, because if it prospers, you too will prosper.
Jeremiah 29:7

Lord of heaven and earth, you have determined the places where we will live. Move us to pray and work for the peace and prosperity of the communities where you have placed us. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Thursday, June 15, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: 2 Timothy 2:1-6

The hardworking farmer should be the first to receive a share of the crops.
2 Timothy 2:6

Christ Jesus, thank you for the strength of your grace to do the good and hard work of serving others. Refresh my spirit with the joy of sharing in the harvest of transformed lives. Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Friday, June 16, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Psalm 121

The Lord will keep you from all harm—he will watch over your life; the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.
Psalm 121:7-8

Lord, thank you for watching over us and all things in your creation. Nurture us with the rest and refreshment you provide. In Jesus, Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Saturday, June 17, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: 1 Kings 8:22-24, 37-40

Forgive and act . . . so that they will fear you all the time they live in the land you gave our ancestors.
1 Kings 8:39-40

Lord God, whatever disasters may come our way, turn our hearts to seek you and your mercy. May it always be our greatest desire to honor you and walk in your ways. Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Sunday, June 18, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: John 4:27-38

I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest.
John 4:35
I
Savior, deal a death blow to my prejudice and pride so that I can see people with your eyes of love and compassion, people that you came to seek and deliver. Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Monday, June 19, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Matthew 9:35-38

The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.
Matthew 9:37-38

Lord of the harvest, overwhelm me with your com­passionate vision for the harassed and helpless. Send me into your harvest field and equip me with your love. Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Tuesday, June 20, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Luke 12:13-21

The ground of a certain rich man yielded an abundant harvest. He thought to himself, ‘What shall I do?'
Luke 12:16-17

Jesus, thank you for warning against “all kinds of greed” and the pride that fuels it. Teach me true humility that produces gratitude for your good gifts. and generosity that reflects a rich life in you. Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Wednesday, June 21, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Psalm 80:1-11

You transplanted a vine from Egypt. . . . You cleared the ground for it, and it took root and filled the land.
Psalm 80:8-9

Lord, thank you for bringing us to places and times of flourishing. Help us to be faithful, and call us to repentance when we wander. Hear and forgive us, O Lord. Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Thursday, June 22, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Psalm 80:12-19

Restore us, Lord God Almighty; make your face shine on us, that we may be saved.
Psalm 80:19

Lord God, when we are in trouble because of our waywardness, help us to call on you to revive us through your Son, who died for our sins to give us eternal life. Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Friday, June 23, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: John 12:27-36

Jesus told them, “You are going to have the light just a little while longer. Walk while you have the light, before the darkness overtakes you.”
John 12:35

Jesus, inspire me to follow you faithfully. Shine in me and through my words and actions so that the harvest of lives will increase. Amen.