Is Religion a Disease?

Discuss these subjects at your own risk!
You may find your way to Eden or the garden of Hell!
I will NOT be responsible for where you might end up!
YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Is Religion a Disease?

Post by YoDude »

.....?

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: ZG-XII and VS-XIV
Moniker: Postmaster

Re: Is Religion a Disease?

Post by Jolsen »

Yes

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
VS1400 Wiring Diagram INFOWARS
Its not my job to prove myself every time I state facts. Its YOUR job to look it up and find out what I say is true.

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: 1996 VS1400

Post by Larry TN »

Yes, for some people its a cold, Alzheimer's for some, and for still others its terminal cancer.
"Give the people you have offended time to apologize." -Rev Samuel Porter Jones (in 1906)

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Okay, so if religion is based on a, 'God' of what ever preference, doesn't that make the, 'God' a disease as well?

Yo-

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: ZG-XII and VS-XIV
Moniker: Postmaster

Post by Jolsen »

Don't feed the trolls.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
VS1400 Wiring Diagram INFOWARS
Its not my job to prove myself every time I state facts. Its YOUR job to look it up and find out what I say is true.

Skree
Practicing Bicycling

Post by Skree »

YoDude9999 wrote:Okay, so if religion is based on a, 'God' of what ever preference, doesn't that make the, 'God' a disease as well?

Yo-
God would be the virus, religion the disease. 8-)
pegs down for all who have fallen and passed on

- Kenn

Remember your towel.

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

God has nothing to do with religion as far as I can tell. Religion is a man made attempt at spirituality aside from God, or Christ, or the Holy Spirit. Religion and the vast majority of the denominations and cults that have sprung from religion are road maps to hell.
As long as men are in charge of something that is supposed to be led by the Creator, we are in extreme excrement. satan apparently attends church more faithfully than many Christians. Sometimes he is behind the pulpit.
So, to answer your question, YES. Thankfully, Christ is the cure for religion.

P.S. One the same day, during the "Reformation" in merry old England, the Catholics hanged 3 protestants for their apostasy. Across town, the Protestants killed (burned?) 3 Catholics for heresy and blasphemy. (From a book called "England During The Reformation", or "The Reformation in England".) I always thought they could have just exchanged prisoners.....
"Give the people you have offended time to apologize." -Rev Samuel Porter Jones (in 1906)

Skree
Practicing Bicycling

Post by Skree »

Larry TN wrote:God has nothing to do with religion as far as I can tell. Religion is a man made attempt at spirituality aside from God, or Christ, or the Holy Spirit. Religion and the vast majority of the denominations and cults that have sprung from religion are road maps to hell.
As long as men are in charge of something that is supposed to be led by the Creator, we are in extreme excrement. satan apparently attends church more faithfully than many Christians. Sometimes he is behind the pulpit.

P.S. One the same day, during the "Reformation" in merry old England, the Catholics hanged 3 protestants for their apostasy. Across town, the Protestants killed (burned?) 3 Catholics for heresy and blasphemy. (From a book called "England During The Reformation", or "The Reformation in England".) I always thought they could have just exchanged prisoners.....
I guess they didn't negotiate with terrorists

- Kenn

Remember your towel.

Skree
Practicing Bicycling

Post by Skree »

98VS1400 wrote:You're the disease. God is the cure.
Different point of view - I was following the logic of the statement to which I replied.

- Kenn

Remember your towel.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Larry TN wrote:God has nothing to do with religion as far as I can tell. Religion is a man made attempt at spirituality aside from God, or Christ, or the Holy Spirit. Religion and the vast majority of the denominations and cults that have sprung from religion are road maps to hell.

While you state, "God has nothing to do with religion as far as I can tell. Religion is a man made attempt at spirituality aside from God", does it not make complete sense to you, if Man had NOT written what he believes to be what God is and represents, wouldn't Man otherwise be completely oblivious to such thinking about there even being any God at all?

In other words, if Man himself had never brought up the subject of God, it means God never existed because no one ever thought of it. Because there were so many unanswered questions that came about, an explanation was created, by Man in an attempt to explain the unexplainable. Man thus, created God through religious texts that have been translated into various other texts all around the world and the translation has either been lost or completely misunderstood or completely ignored and people have created what they WANT to see come from it all, each one tailored to a specific belief system based on what people WANT to think is true.

Look at Scientology and the Mormons. They both have a solid foundation as far as believers goes. The Scientologists (SP) believe L.Ron Hubbard as their founder and their religion is based on HIS teachings, all written in his books. The Mormons believe in what Joseph Smith wrote and again, all written in their book. While you might say THOSE are unfounded beliefs, YOU would state that YOUR way of thinking is the ONLY way to think, while THEY would see your way of thinking as absurd, as you do theirs. Just because YOUR religion has been around much longer than some others, doesn't mean anything to me because it is only the word of Man written down and spread about over time. That doesn't make it a fact of anything. So far as I can tell, it's still all just hearsay evidence, not admissible in court.

Yo-

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

What I believe is that the Holy Spirit speaks to me through the Bible that I learned from as a child. This happens to be the KJV. Others might get the same truth from somewhere else, but I cannot. Followers of Christ must share the truth with anyone who is open to the truth, and mine is from the KJV. There is no other Way, Truth or Life.
Scientology and Mormonism may indeed be religions, I don't need to know anything about religion.

What I do know is that they fine you if you don't pick up after your dogma in NYC.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Larry TN wrote:What I believe is that the Holy Spirit speaks to me through the Bible that I learned from as a child. This happens to be the KJV. Others might get the same truth from somewhere else, but I cannot. Followers of Christ must share the truth with anyone who is open to the truth, and mine is from the KJV. There is no other Way, Truth or Life.
Scientology and Mormonism may indeed be religions, I don't need to know anything about religion.
So you're saying....you've been taught as a child, through a book written by Man, is what you confirm your life to and it is what drives your life and all that you are about, throughout your live and into death. Would that be a fair assessment?

Mormonism, Scientology, Catholicism, Judaism, Christianity, Buddhism and the plethora of other RELIGIONS even Satanism, are ALL based on the words written down by Man within books written by MAN and no other!

You yourself are stating that the, 'word' you receive comes from a book, the KJV no less that was written, not by any God, but Man. If that is not religion, please explain to me, what's different about it.

Yo-

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

What I believe does not come from any book written by man, and is not religion to me. I call it spirituality, for lack of a better term. Of course you are welcome to think whatever you like.
Both atheists and agnostics keep saying that the Bible was written by man. That is what you believe, I understand that. You have no more proof of that than I do that the Bible was written by the Holy Spirit. The Bible was translated by man many times. Fine. The Bible was printed by man more than once. Also fine. You tell God that He didn't write the Bible, I am not that stupid, I won't even say that.
I believe that the Bible was initially spoken by God and lived as oral tradition until written down so that more people could have access to the truth. Religion tried to keep the masses from having access to the Word of God for a long time in Europe.
If you choose to believe that God cannot monitor translations after creating everything, then our conversation is pointless. I cannot describe color to a blind man.

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

When I went back through this, I did not find where I said the bible was written by man.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

No Larry, you didn't say that. What you did say, was that you believe in the teachings of a book. The KJV to be exact. That book was indeed written by man and the reason why it was written by man is because there was no other way to preserve the teachings of the Book. You said yourself that, The Holy Spirit speaks to you through the Bible. Yet on your next post you state, "What I believe does not come from any book written by man". So, how is it that what you believe in, came from a book, yet what you believe, didn't come from a book?

So, now what I see you saying is that the Holy Spirit had a little chat with a few people telling them how things are and should be. They went and told other people what the word of the Holy Spirit was and that worked out okay for a while, a few years perhaps, but in order to promote that teaching in the future, it HAD to be written down. You HAVE to admit it was the ONLY way this information might be preserved for the future of people. Okay, fine, the Bible is born and now it's still here. That plan seems to have worked out pretty well and it's all good.

You know, it would all be much more believable if the Holy Spirit would just simply, 'show up' every now and then to remind us of how much we are so screwed up and set the record straight. Right about now would be a great time indeed. Wouldn't it be completely fantastic that he show up in the middle of the World Series that going on in front of a stadium that actually has more than one person in it and made the grand announcement of why He's let the ebola virus loose on the people, or why bad things happen to good people, to let them know he really does exist? Why is it, He's never once in all of history, ever made himself known to a huge group of people all at once instead of just one? There's a LOT of room left over for the loss of translation with that.

Yo-

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

You always have the right to remain silent. Just a suggestion. Believe what you like, eternity can't last forever, can it?

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Eternity, endless life after death. Ya know, if it wasn't for the Bible, this word probably wouldn't exist. It seems to me, it's the only place it has any relevance at all. So far as we know to date, nothing lasts forever. Of course you're always welcome to make belief of such words as you will, or been taught.

Yo-

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

Let me try one last time to simplify this. Humanity can be likened to a culture on a petri dish. When God created man, He had a specific plan for mankind to adhere to. Adam and Eve did not follow the plan. They got foreclosed upon, and moved to the land of Nod, back east. Humanity muddled along as it has a tendency to muddle. Then, during the time of Noah, God noticed once more that man had not followed the plan. God allowed Noah 120 years to construct a vessel, during which time he was ridiculed by the people he was able to save. God had Noah gather together Noah's family and all else that He wanted to continue with the plan. SEVEN of the clean beasts, (7 males and 7 females) , and TWO of the unclean beasts, 1 male and 1 female); (Genesis 7:2). And of the birds of the air, 7 males and 7 females. (Genesis 7:3). Once this was completed, another seven days were allowed for people to "get on board". After using their free will to buy an umbrella (on credit) instead of listening to Noah, the door was closed, and the project started anew. Next time it will not be a flood.

**Religion appears to be a spiritual blight that seems to be spreading over humanity the same way as in the time of Noah. Today, you and I are being told the same sex marriage is normal. Our government is telling us that the Bible is wrong. The same government that couldn't find its own arse with a GPS is telling you me what we are to believe. No wonder they want our weapons.

***(If it was indeed taxation without representation that helped the English immigrants realized that King George only wanted their money, It seems to exist on a much larger scale, and is closer today. While DC is technically not part of America, it is IN America. Center City London and the Vatican are also not part of the country where they are located.) They are Principalities and Powers, if you will.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Genesis 7

7 And the Lord said unto Noah, Come thou and all thy house into the ark; for thee have I seen righteous before me in this generation.

2 Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female.

3 Of fowls also of the air by sevens, the male and the female; to keep seed alive upon the face of all the earth.

4 For yet seven days, and I will cause it to rain upon the earth forty days and forty nights; and every living substance that I have made will I destroy from off the face of the earth.

5 And Noah did according unto all that the Lord commanded him.

6 And Noah was six hundred years old when the flood of waters was upon the earth.

7 And Noah went in, and his sons, and his wife, and his sons' wives with him, into the ark, because of the waters of the flood.

8 Of clean beasts, and of beasts that are not clean, and of fowls, and of every thing that creepeth upon the earth,

9 There went in two and two unto Noah into the ark, the male and the female, as God had commanded Noah.

10 And it came to pass after seven days, that the waters of the flood were upon the earth.

11 In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.

12 And the rain was upon the earth forty days and forty nights.

13 In the selfsame day entered Noah, and Shem, and Ham, and Japheth, the sons of Noah, and Noah's wife, and the three wives of his sons with them, into the ark;

14 They, and every beast after his kind, and all the cattle after their kind, and every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind, and every fowl after his kind, every bird of every sort.

15 And they went in unto Noah into the ark, two and two of all flesh, wherein is the breath of life.

16 And they that went in, went in male and female of all flesh, as God had commanded him: and the Lord shut him in.

17 And the flood was forty days upon the earth; and the waters increased, and bare up the ark, and it was lift up above the earth.

18 And the waters prevailed, and were increased greatly upon the earth; and the ark went upon the face of the waters.

19 And the waters prevailed exceedingly upon the earth; and all the high hills, that were under the whole heaven, were covered.

20 Fifteen cubits upward did the waters prevail; and the mountains were covered.

21 And all flesh died that moved upon the earth, both of fowl, and of cattle, and of beast, and of every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth, and every man:

22 All in whose nostrils was the breath of life, of all that was in the dry land, died.

23 And every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven; and they were destroyed from the earth: and Noah only remained alive, and they that were with him in the ark.

24 And the waters prevailed upon the earth an hundred and fifty days.
King James Version (KJV)

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

OK, there is no mention of an umbrella or credit card.....