The Religion Section

Discuss these subjects at your own risk!
You may find your way to Eden or the garden of Hell!
I will NOT be responsible for where you might end up!
DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2018 Honda CB650F

The Religion Section

Post by DevilsFan »

This is what I am talking about. Here is the Religion Section. It should hold topics/posts on religion. I will not come here to stir the pot...because it's a section I care not to frequent!
How hard is that?
I am not a religious person. Plain and simple. Nor will I post in this section how I feel about religion. Not my place or section to post it.
At the same time, I don't want to read religion posts in the other sections!
Agreed???

But I will add this: All you religious folk better stay out of the Saloon!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
There will be a time where you will no longer be able to use, "But...I didn't know!", as an excuse. And if you're exiled from society, well, you were warned.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Re: The Religion Section

Post by YoDude »

Sounds simple enough to me.

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: 1996 VS1400

Post by Larry TN »

DevilsFan wrote:This is what I am talking about. Here is the Religion Section. It should hold topics/posts on religion. I will not come here to stir the pot...because it's a section I care not to frequent!
How hard is that?
I am not a religious person. Plain and simple. Nor will I post in this section how I feel about religion. Not my place or section to post it.
At the same time, I don't want to read religion posts in the other sections!
Agreed???

But I will add this: All you religious folk better stay out of the Saloon!!!
No, not agreed, if I am of a mind to post any thing, any where, I will do that. You do not have to read them. Feel free to post how little you feel about how you feel, it's a free forum.
You will probably encounter many religious people in the saloon. There are a few religions that are tolerant of sex and drugs and rock and roll. However, you will not find that many spiritual "Christians" other than me, who are not afraid to enter a saloon. There is nothing or nobody in a saloon that can hurt me, only I can do that. I will make a note of the warning, thanks.
"Give the people you have offended time to apologize." -Rev Samuel Porter Jones (in 1906)

JFL Live
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by JFL Live »

Is this where we post the religious jokes? :lolfall:

If you wanted to stir things up... maybe we can get a couple guys (un-named) from IA to join... but only let them post here! :big grin:
_I"T"|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**")_)

You will ride eternal, shiny and chrome...

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

JFL Live wrote:Is this where we post the religious jokes? :lolfall:

If you wanted to stir things up... maybe we can get a couple guys (un-named) from IA to join... but only let them post here! :big grin:
Yeah, THAT could get interestin' :eek:

Yo-

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

.....But in our universe, ALL things are possible. Even free energy and perpetual motion. We just haven't figured it out yet because someone keeps telling us "It's Impossible".

Yo-

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

.....and that's okay by me. I just have a hard time believing it, because it's MAN that keeps tell me God created it, not God himself telling me.

Let us look at this a little closer.

In the Moses days, he goes up into the mountains for like 40 days or something, right? Meanwhile his people (some number of which I think is mentioned, but I don't recall) are devouring themselves in sin and blaspheme and whatever. While Moses is up there, God inscribes the Ten Commandments on stone tablets which Moses brings back down from the mountains. He proclaims God wrote the Commandments himself. It seems kind of odd to me that it took God 40 days to do the seemingly short bit of writing. Okay, okay. Let us allow for travel time...So Moses takes off, traveling for some 19.5 days to some obscure location, God wrote the Commandments in a day and then Moses returned another 19.5 days later.

Somehow he had food and water to last some 39 days, or is there an excuse for that, I dunno. In any case it might seem like Moses just sorta went around the corner, so to speak and started working on these tablets. It probably would have taken him 40 days to carve them out, as stone carving is a tedious process. That seems reasonably believable to me. But still there is conflict. Did God carve the tablets, or Moses himself, under the direction of God? IIRC God did the carving, Moses was the messenger. Then again, why did it take 40 days for all this to transpire? Oh,yeah, there's an explanation for everything. I seem to keep forgetting that point.

Now it would seem more logical that if God would have wanted to make a REAL true lasting impression on the people when they and Moses were all out in the desert lost or whatever, He would have addressed them ALL at the same time! But THIS NEVER happens, EVER! It's ALWAYS the same stuff. God told me in my sleep, or, I saw a vision of God. He said to bring the word to the people and I am telling you what, He said unto me. It's ALWAYS a story told by Man and not God himself and this is why I have a problem with it.

I can tell you of an experience I had that I considered as real as anything at all you'd see in life while fully awake and conscious just as if I was standing before you and shaking your hand, or sitting down at a table breaking bread with you and it was REAL in my mind, but days later, I found it was just in MY mind and not anyone else. Because I have had such an experience tends to make me think, perhaps more than I should.

Yo-

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Keith, it's okay. I'm not having a melt down or something crazy. I was just explaining why I have a problem with the bible. It's (Bible) all good intentioned and everything. That's not the point. What it stands for is a good a thing and I believe in that. Its teachings are worthy, which is also good.

It would have been much better if the truth were told in that, 'This book has been written by a bunch of old guys that figured out some shit you lay persons are probably blind to. It's a guide to how to live your life and be prosperous and happy.' Now THAT is believable to me! It would be honest and without deceit, or, promoting FEAR to try to get control over a persons life. A book of guidelines, take it or leave it. There's no Hell to pay if you don't, just that this is a way to help you.

You will say the Bible IS the way, which is fine, but, I will still say the Bible was written by man and no other. God did not write the bible.

Yo-

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Well, I can say this. If you are right, you MIGHT go to Heaven, you might not. If you do, then your beliefs have held true to your thinking. If you end up in Hell, your beliefs still hold true. You are in one place or the other. That is what you've been taught. It's all you see. There IS nothing different.

I my world, when the lights go out of my life, that's all there is, nothing more than a shell of a person left behind. Electrical energy ceases to propagate through my nerves and I am gone. Nothing more than a battery going dead.That's just what I think.

Yo-

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Why would that be a sad state of affairs? To me, it seems the normal way of life. It works for the rest of nature. Why do we as humans have to try to make something more out of it than what it is?

Yo-

Skree
Practicing Bicycling

Post by Skree »

YoDude9999 wrote:Why would that be a sad state of affairs? To me, it seems the normal way of life. It works for the rest of nature. Why do we as humans have to try to make something more out of it than what it is?

Yo-
Your last line is exactly why religion exists, a way to explain what doesn't make sense in a way that doesn't really explain anything.

Science does the same thing, only it makes sense and is logical.

To me, religion is about the control of people based on a need to be told by an authority what to do.
pegs down for all who have fallen and passed on

- Kenn

Remember your towel.