What does the Bible say about

Discuss these subjects at your own risk!
You may find your way to Eden or the garden of Hell!
I will NOT be responsible for where you might end up!
Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!
My Bike: VS 1400. Royal Enfield

Re: What does the Bible say about

Post by Fred »

Suzuki Johnny wrote:I gotta hand it to you fred.....opps Fred I mean.....you've done wonders for this place called the Religious Forum...Seems you have brought in more people to the conversation just by denying the existence of a Supreme Being..What a novelty you are
I want to personally thank you for doing what I've been trying to do since I found this page..getting more peeps to make some comments about the Good Lord....You are obviously the religious Trump of IsA..whether you know it or not...all this advertisement and it's free [emoji106]
All I can say is keep up the good work...you're doing a fabulous job....you have my support for sure

I come here every day to visit this forum and to post God and his followers words and comments from the past...It's finally paying off.

Thanks Buddy

Jonny
Not a problem jonny having people think and question your bible bashing thoughtless rhetoric is a good thing. All I want them to do is think about it and not just blindly accept it as we did at school in the 60's as did I.

I was able to see above it, and yet I saw many just sink in the swamp of bull shit and amazingly never question it.

In those years of young education the brain absorbs like a sponge. Maths and geography -- never questioned --just do it.

At this same time religion was pumped into those young minds in the same manner.

It is no wonder that religion is tought at this age, be it Islam or Christianity,--equally as insane as rules of life.

The next world war will be over religion, ( almost here) many millions will die over ----what is the name of my god.

Has humanity ever shown more stupidity. Hold you head in shame if you are part of it.

Piltdown911
Practicing Bicycling
My Bike: 1994 Intruder

Post by Piltdown911 »

"All I want them to do is think about it and not just blindly accept it as we did at school in the 60's as did I.
I was able to see above it, and yet I saw many just sink in the swamp of bull shit and amazingly never question it.
In those years of young education the brain absorbs like a sponge. Maths and geography -- never questioned --just do it.
At this same time religion was pumped into those young minds in the same manner."
Now we have evolutionism being taught in schools and being blindly accepted, can you see above that?
"Between the velvet lies there's a truth as hard as steel" - Ronnie James Dio

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

Piltdown911 wrote:"All I want them to do is think about it and not just blindly accept it as we did at school in the 60's as did I.
At this same time religion was pumped into those young minds in the same manner."
Now we have evolutionism being taught in schools and being blindly accepted, can you see above that?

WHAT---? Evolution is not a theory. Did you go to school? You people in America still having trouble with evolution. I am shocked at your state of education. :jester:

Do you believe that pistons whiz up and down in your engine so fast you would not see them and at the same time suck and blow air in and fire fuel mixture with a timed spark---oh ---its too much to understand --maybe god does it and turns the gear things, yeah thats easy to understand ---I'lle go with that then.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

by Piltdown911 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:47 am

"All I want them to do is think about it and not just blindly accept it as we did at school in the 60's as did I.

He didn't mention the word theory once in his statement.....it's you that brought that subject up Fred

subjects in school are continually changing .. much to the chagrin of some older educators ...
civics class has been dumbed down to conversations about political class..
History is no longer taught in the true sense of what;s happened in the past but more of what might happen in the future..
Liberal professors are changing the landscape as they see fit...
Common Core is an abomination ...it has no use but to instil hitlerism in the minds of youth
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

What does the Bible say about..............

Did you know that America is not mentioned in the bible. This huge land of such importance --well to Americans anyways is not mentioned-- not even a little bit nor is the North pole or the Antarctica and lots of other places, nah--its just Israel and Jordon mostly, you know the bits where they lived.

God must have known about them as he made them. Hmmm no mention of that then. So who was this guy standing there with a clip board that wrote down very clearly---AND GOD SAID LET THERE BE LIGHT who was this idiot that did not write down just a small bit about America ---you know the big place on the left. God must have took a break , dusted his hands and said ---right that bit is America, Oye Exodus chappy, pay attention, I just said that bit is America --write it down in your bible thingy.

Oh by the way the stars are nothing but for our entertainment and enjoyment.

More truth in Harry Potter. Oh its just too funny for words :lmao:

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Please remember that the Bible was written several centuries ago...and it pertained to that period of time...
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

Suzuki Johnny wrote:Please remember that the Bible was written several centuries ago...and it pertained to that period of time...

Tr la-- have we finally got it. Yes Jonnie it was pertained to that particular time, a time of no laws or rules of social behavior,----thats why it was written and all put together in a Harry potter type thing.

IT HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH TODAY.

Nothing at all in the bible could relate to any thing in todays life. However some make a living out of translating and twisting meanings so put in a way that it can be interpreted in some ways if you have a heeluva imagination.

Ideal for people living desperate lives with nothing but death to look forward to. Embracing a distorted veiw of the bible by rhetorically articulate bible bashers, to make money from these poor sods and give them false hope,--- and thats all the bible ever was,-- should be illegal.

But to dedicate your whole life in the year 2016 is pathetic, backward thinking and bordering on---- no not bordering, ----lets get it straight retarded.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Fred wrote:
Suzuki Johnny wrote:Please remember that the Bible was written several centuries ago...and it pertained to that period of time...

Tr la-- have we finally got it. Yes Jonnie it was pertained to that particular time, a time of no laws or rules of social behavior,----thats why it was written and all put together in a Harry potter type thing.

IT HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH TODAY.

Nothing at all in the bible could relate to any thing in todays life. However some make a living out of translating and twisting meanings so put in a way that it can be interpreted in some ways if you have a heeluva imagination.

Ideal for people living desperate lives with nothing but death to look forward to. Embracing a distorted veiw of the bible by rhetorically articulate bible bashers, to make money from these poor sods and give them false hope,--- and thats all the bible ever was,-- should be illegal.

But to dedicate your whole life in the year 2016 is pathetic, backward thinking and bordering on---- no not bordering, ----lets get it straight retarded.

But you are wrong...at least in my opinion.....the Bible can be translated into today's time frame...it doesn't take a lot of imagination either to apply what Christ and his disciples were preaching back then..

Give to Caesar what is Caesar's and give to God what is God's

Honor thy Mother and thy Father

Shall I continue???

Piltdown911
Practicing Bicycling

Post by Piltdown911 »

Fred wrote:WHAT---? Evolution is not a theory. Did you go to school? You people in America still having trouble with evolution. I am shocked at your state of education. :jester:

Do you believe that pistons whiz up and down in your engine so fast you would not see them and at the same time suck and blow air in and fire fuel mixture with a timed spark---oh ---its too much to understand --maybe god does it and turns the gear things, yeah thats easy to understand ---I'lle go with that then.
Attempting to lump observable phenomena with religious belief doesn't cut it. :bs:

maxriderdon
Practicing Bicycling
My Bike: Suzuki GSX1250FA

Post by maxriderdon »

From everything science and physics teaches us, there should not be us, earth, or even the universe since we know matter does not create itself. If we are to believe there simply was a big bang from out of nowhere, and much time later here we are then we must believe matter created its own self. By the same token there should be no "God" so we first have to accept we are clueless as to our creation unless something supernatural far from our own understanding is at the source. There is much about what the Bible teaches that only causes me to question why, many things about it just don't make sense to me. I do know if we all lived our lives as what is taught in the Bible like taught in Ephesians the world would certainly be a much better place. I "believe" in a supernatural creator as the only explanation of existence itself as its the only thing I can remotely get my head around. It doesn't really matter what name one might want to call it. To believe matter created itself, blew up, life created itself, then natural selection created us without ever being controlled or helped by any outside force for me seems as unlikely as me winning every lottery from here forward. One of my big questions about the Bible and what is taught about salvation is that one must believe in Jesus, the son of God. Can a person "believe" in something without first being convinced? If a person is not convinced, is it their fault, and for that they should be sent to hell? That seems like a pretty hefty fine to pay from a God that supposedly loves us beyond our own comprehension.

Piltdown911
Practicing Bicycling

Post by Piltdown911 »

maxriderdon wrote:From everything science and physics teaches us, there should not be us, earth, or even the universe since we know matter does not create itself. If we are to believe there simply was a big bang from out of nowhere, and much time later here we are then we must believe matter created its own self. By the same token there should be no "God" so we first have to accept we are clueless as to our creation unless something supernatural far from our own understanding is at the source. There is much about what the Bible teaches that only causes me to question why, many things about it just don't make sense to me. I do know if we all lived our lives as what is taught in the Bible like taught in Ephesians the world would certainly be a much better place. I "believe" in a supernatural creator as the only explanation of existence itself as its the only thing I can remotely get my head around. It doesn't really matter what name one might want to call it. To believe matter created itself, blew up, life created itself, then natural selection created us without ever being controlled or helped by any outside force for me seems as unlikely as me winning every lottery from here forward. One of my big questions about the Bible and what is taught about salvation is that one must believe in Jesus, the son of God. Can a person "believe" in something without first being convinced? If a person is not convinced, is it their fault, and for that they should be sent to hell? That seems like a pretty hefty fine to pay from a God that supposedly loves us beyond our own comprehension.
It comes with a way out and instructions.

JFL Live
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by JFL Live »

In the beggining, the earth spun so fast that some people and animals shot straight out into space. That's why we think there's life on other planets today.
_I"T"|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**")_)

You will ride eternal, shiny and chrome...

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

That's the crux of this discussion......where exactly did the beginning take place and how? And WHO / WHAT facilitated it's creation?

Ramjetrider
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 1997 Intruder 1400

Post by Ramjetrider »

YoDude wrote:Well you have to consider also, the bible was written in the days when people thought our world was the only one that ever existed.

We know now, that's just not true anymore.

Yo-

But the Bible is God's word. He created the universe and all that is in it. He created other worlds, yet says nothing of them in the Bible that is for this world and it's people. Maybe there are Bibles on other worlds too. Bibles in Gods words just for each individual world, pertaining strictly to that individual world.

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

[But the Bible is God's word. ] who says so, God has never appeared before any one and no one heard him say let there be light as no one was there then.

So who was standing there with a clip board taking notes.

So many times we read in the bible "and god said" rubbish is that all god did in those days wander a round the middle East saying stuff. He never said much in other parts of the world which was unkown to Arabs but flourishing.

London was an export city 2000 years ago no god talking there. Voices in the head maybe!!! carefull you will be locked away for that these days --and so you bloody well should.

Funny how you hate Arabs and the middle East but relish in their literature and trust their intelligence to record such.

Nothing but stories. I was about 15 when I worked all this out, how come you cant.
:jester:

Get your story straight, asshat...The Bible is NOT God's word! It is the written recollection of two millennia of mans recollections of what happened in those far distant two millennia ages ago and nothing more than that.

Yo-

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

People believe it because they either want to or somehow need to.
There are those that don't believe it either way.
There are those that believe but still question it.
There are those that don't believe.

My personal belief is this....if any religion supports killing another person because he doesn't believe in the same things I do, is a way of thinking that I prefer not to live with, as usually, that manner of thinking is one that ultimately states that I must kill him too......so why is there this conflict?

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

Hey asshat yourself , lean to read.

And god said let here be light, God said FUCK ALL,---NO ONE WAS THERE, He had not yet---- MADE THE FUCKING PLANET.

Bull shit beyond belief, that an American from so called civilized USA can believe shit,---- absolute shite. Yet some of you have gone to the moon and others ares still Neanderthal cave men.

NE_FL
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VS1400

Post by NE_FL »

Fred, why should you care if others believe as they do? What's your stake in it? I don't give a shit about you or your evangelical drive to de-bunk religions and their believers, so why should you give a shit?

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

In a similar manner I dont understand why??

Why do you continue to believe the world is flat, and yes it does matter to me when you religious wankers want to call to prayer and wear burkas or wont let doctors use stell stem research or stop abortion.

Why do I have to adopt your way of life. I don't believe the world is flat,---I am educated.

In the nicest possible way please go away and die and let the human race move forward and prosper without suicide bombers, hostages and air hijacks all in the name of GOD religious crap constantly dragging behind us.

So yes I do care, the world is s shit with religion, it is the major cause of concern for everyone right now.

And you ask me why I care???????

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

[emoji99]

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.