I find this deeply troubling....

Discuss these subjects at your own risk!
You may find your way to Eden or the garden of Hell!
I will NOT be responsible for where you might end up!
YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

I find this deeply troubling....

Post by YoDude »

From thread that's currently in the trash....

It was the last post of the evening for me, just before bed, and I read.....

"And so it has begun, the spawn of IA. Is there something inherently wrong with this whole Intruder business and those who ride them? I'm just an old guy done lived a hard life and these days spends a whole lotta saddle time going fast so I can't look back. Log in here and it's the same old Christ bashing and that hurts. One of you punks talked that crap to my face I'd lose my Christianity quick, never mind my profanity. I tried over at the other table, tried here. Had fun with the playful banter back and forth, but the inflated egos and disrespect that goes along with this is damaging to my spirit. Mocc runs a tight ship over at RK Riders, it's what I ride, I can't take this no more. My last post already in the trash. Fuck it."

It looks as though we've lost a friend in more ways that one. I'm going to bed now. I doubt I'll sleep well over it.

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

ddog6900
Joined a 250cc Club

Re: I find this deeply troubling....

Post by ddog6900 »

It hurts to lose a brother. I never had any problems or animosity toward RoadKing. I sure hope I didn't contribute to the disrespect he felt in that thread. If I did, I apologize.

I just sure hope he'll consider giving us another chance to show him we're not a bunch of disrespectful so and sos.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

hmm, well it was the last post for the night. I think you're reading too much into it. Yo be friends with yourself and don't give a hoot what others think since you can't think for them. :blink:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

DMIntruder
Riding on Learners Permit

Post by DMIntruder »

It is MY OPINION that forums related to technical things like motorcycles, RC Airplanes, Cars, should remain just that. The problem with the written word in a text forum is that so many words can quickly be taken out of context. Without the sound of a persons voice and seeing their facial expressions you lose so much of the communication and is easily misunderstood. A large percentage of how we communicate is told in our faces.

Hot bed topics like religion, politics, and raising kids are all things that should be avoided because people get angered very easily. I try extremely hard not to engage in those type of discussions because I am one that angers easily and my beliefs do not align with most other peoples. So I try to keep my mouth shut.

In the short time this forum has been around I have seen it change, reverting back to what IA is now. I was deeply disturbed when the first post from a member was a sales pitch for Bible software posted in the Tech section. I nearly stopped frequenting here then. If I wanted to read that sort of thing I would go to church.

I am pulling back from the threads I read here now already. If it isn't tech related where I can help someone or vice versa I'm not even going to read it. And then there is the thread 'crapping' as I call it. Where a legitimate thread gets side tracked by others discussing other issues and thus losing the original subject matter. All that takes is a bit of self discipline IMO.

I do like the music section, that is pretty cool.

Ok, those are my opinions.

MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Post by MadCow »

RK has a good point. I don't think this forum here is anything like the main IA, though.

The main IA is full of assholes and people who just like to sit behind their keyboard phucking with people. The board is full of them. SLAM FULL.

I'm not going to pretend I am innocent, I've had my moments on there...but damn, some of those guys are there are just nasty to each other and the bickering drives people away. The board admins don't give a shit either. Hell, they condone it.

Couple years back I did a study for about a week seeing how many members actually use the forum/IA. If I recall, it was about 240 users out of the 31,000 accounts registered.

IA is a small clique of users, a circle if you will...controlling the board, and if you are not on the inside, you might as well close your account....you will not make any friends in a meaningful way. I am tired of the drama.
-DBTO

tc1400
Got My M1 License!

Post by tc1400 »

Couldn't agree more with DM that some subjects are best to left be in their own space and not here. Just my opinion. These are topics that usually invite ill will one way or another. I'm sorry RK feels this way. Obviously the content of that thread is what set him off. I've learned something from this. Much of that content was in really bad taste and, to me, regrettable even if some of it was in a joking manner. I, too, apologize if I've offended anyone but I'll learn from it and move on. Hopefully this is behind us now. Please dispose of the trash can content.

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: ZG-XII and VS-XIV
Moniker: Postmaster

Post by Jolsen »

Stating someone's thread should be deleted because your team lost. Is intended to ruffle some feathers. I just went with the classic you mad bro response. Honestly didn't even think that people would get that pissed over a picture. As stated my mental image of Jesus is a black man. Not that white hippie. But that's just IMHO
VS1400 Wiring Diagram INFOWARS
Its not my job to prove myself every time I state facts. Its YOUR job to look it up and find out what I say is true.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

Let me see if I got this right. We delete a thread because someone gets their feeling hurt and then we cry about it. Is that about right? If there is one thing I have learned it is that no matter how careful you are someone is going to get their feeling hurt. That is the society we live in today. I wish RK would come back and not take things said or posted on a forum so seriously. In the end it is his choice to make. :blink:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

BlacktopTravelr wrote:Let me see if I got this right. We delete a thread because someone gets their feeling hurt and then we cry about it. Is that about right? If there is one thing I have learned it is that no matter how careful you are someone is going to get their feeling hurt. That is the society we live in today. I wish RK would come back and not take things said or posted on a forum so seriously. In the end it is his choice to make. :blink:
OK, yours is the most recent and addresses a few things I want to say…
Didn't get my feelings hurt, pard. I'm a tough old bastard and it takes a whole lot more than some internet typing to hurt my feelers. What was said made me freaking angry, what was said was more than "some things posted or said on a forum", what was said was more of the disrespect that went on at IA. I'm talking about non-stop incessant bashing and/or making fun of Christ. We don't need a "Religion" section here, perhaps a "Christian Bashing" section would be a better label for it because I never see debates, arguments, and such over any other "Religion". And this aint about the thickness of skin, it's about respect. I don't feel bad for me, pard, but I do feel bad for the fools who are offended by The Savior. People come unglued if you talk bad about their mama, and rightly so. But those same people talk trash about Jesus and argue against Him all day long and don't see nothing wrong. Well, for a minute there I thought I was away from that and amongst some respectful people on this new forum. Then I got home from a beautiful ride and saw that ugly picture indicating Jesus shooting the bird. Didn't hurt my feelers. Aint just "some thing", either. It's disrespect towards Christ and those who have been washed in The Blood. What it did was make me mad. Free to post that stuff? You bet. And i'm free to vent my anger at such filth.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Someone mentioned, 'a teachable moment'.....

I think RK has pretty much summed it up.

Most of you know, I'm not a religious person, nor do I hold any belief in such matters. That doesn't mean I would ever trash any Deity any person believes in. Seeing that post of Jesus flipping the bird, I found, to be in very poor taste. I left the thread in the trash can because I knew it was a joke and so left it there. It was supposed to be automatically deleted, but I apparently didn't have some settings set up as tightly as I wanted them. I believe that has been corrected. We'll see soon enough.

RK, I'm glad you came back and explained your thinking on this matter. I hope all other members will consider your thoughts as a lesson of what shouldn't be done in the future.

As far as, 'A teachable moment', I for one, am learning.

Yo-

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2018 Honda CB650F

Post by DevilsFan »

Is that what this site will be like? Anyone who is offended get's the right of passage?
Jesus flipping the bird?!?! Really?!?! I'd be willing to bet even the Good Lord himself would get a laugh out of that!!!
So, anyone is fair game except the religious???
Sounds a little liberal to me!
There will be a time where you will no longer be able to use, "But...I didn't know!", as an excuse. And if you're exiled from society, well, you were warned.

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by Jolsen »

Long story short Bama Beat the Gators Ass. Gator fan mad new thread stating that the bama vs gator thread should be deleted. Bama fan responded with a picture of a white hippie some believed to look like what they believe to be their idea of what Jesus would look like in their minds. flipping the bird with big bold print saying "you mad bro?".

I still say Jesus is black. And not some pot smoking hippie.

Now mods please move this religious based thread where it belongs.
Its not my job to prove myself every time I state facts. Its YOUR job to look it up and find out what I say is true.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

I think it's more like, being at least somewhat respectful towards others beliefs. What's the point in it anyway?

Yo-

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by Jolsen »

the point being someone disrespected bama. then got butt hurt when the bama fan disrespected them right back.

ddog6900
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by ddog6900 »

Not touching this debate with a ten foot pole. Better make it twenty.

BTW Jolsen, if Jesus Christ looks like that Nubian God you have pictured above, no way he could have stayed single. :jester:

What's up with everyone thinking that dredd locks were the thing in late BC?

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by Jolsen »

everyone has their own ideas just mine are better. :cheers:
in my own mind

ddog6900
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by ddog6900 »

And in my mine I'm attractive and deserve a tolerant wife that will allow me a harem.

Everything sounds better in your mind. :rock:

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Gee, you're married? Sorry about your luck. :naughty:

Yo-

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2018 Honda CB650F

Post by DevilsFan »

That's my point...I thought this "New" site was for pretty much anyone to say anything?!?!
If we can sling around jokes and jabs...but the minute someone is offended, especially in a religious way, then I'm disrespecting???
I feel disrespected when I'm thinking the new site was created with a lot more tolerance than the old, only to find it may not be like that because of god-believers and the like?!?!
Hmmm...
There will be a time where you will no longer be able to use, "But...I didn't know!", as an excuse. And if you're exiled from society, well, you were warned.

ddog6900
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by ddog6900 »

I agree that the religious section was created to discuss, not bash, well, religion. Pot shots at someone's faith and religious figures isn't cool, no matter who you are. But heed this, don't get preachy or sound sanctimonious in a normal discussion or prepare to get ripped on. There will always be some that will do so purely to get a rise or reaction out of you. Take it at face value, but you can't police the world. Just like you can't impose your will, religious or otherwise, on anyone. (Just look at the Middle East)

I leave you with this, if you say something or see something posted that someone or yourself dislikes, leave it be. One of two things will happen. You'll poke a sleeping bear and get eaten or everyone will walk on eggshells for 3 pages trying to convince everyone that "they're not like that".