Why does god let muslims cut our heads off on TV

Discuss these subjects at your own risk!
You may find your way to Eden or the garden of Hell!
I will NOT be responsible for where you might end up!
MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Re: Why does god let muslims cut our heads off on TV

Post by MadCow »

98VS1400 wrote:
Fred wrote:America has never had a war on its own soil, you go to a lot of trouble to make sure that does not happen. Lets hope you never do,--- but if you did, you would think differently about it.
Never, huh?

1. Revolutionary war.
2. War of 1812
3. Civil war.

You missed a few.
9/11
-DBTO

MadCow
Site Admin

Post by MadCow »

98VS1400 wrote:
MadCow wrote:
98VS1400 wrote:
Fred wrote:America has never had a war on its own soil, you go to a lot of trouble to make sure that does not happen. Lets hope you never do,--- but if you did, you would think differently about it.
Never, huh?

1. Revolutionary war.
2. War of 1812
3. Civil war.

You missed a few.
9/11
Yep, and I missed another one. WWII. Japan attacked Pearl Harbor which the last time I checked was American soil.
betcha didn't know that there was a WWI battle also fought on American soil...in Arizona of all places. Battle of Ambos Nogales...
-DBTO

MadCow
Site Admin

Post by MadCow »

98VS1400 wrote:I did NOT know that. It can't be true though because we've never had any wars reach US soil. Like that would be a bad thing if it were true.
Our resident foreigner, expert on all things concerning the USA, needs to hit the books a little more...
-DBTO

Spitfire
Joined a 850cc Club

Post by Spitfire »

I don't think our resident foreigner really cares wether he is right or wrong on politic or religion. He is merely stirring the pot, fishing as it were. For most of his postings I just consider the source and let it go and every once in a while he has some observation that appears to have merit. I really can't decide if he is just bored or looking for someone to prove him wrong but I sincerely doubt he is interested in convincing anyone to come to his side. Heck, maybe he is just so plain miserable he wants everyone else to feel miserable with him but I simply feel sorry for him. With all the assets he claims to have he doesn't strike me as a happy well adjusted person at all. ;IDunno:

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!
My Bike: VS 1400. Royal Enfield

Post by Fred »

Any thing more recent within the last 100 years. Anything with modern military weapons like a bomb or something dropped from a plane, and you then fought back for 5 years resulting in the whole country stepping up into full fabrication of arms. Anything where your hospitals were bombed and city centers needing black outs and running for your lives in underground rail way stations. Most of Europe suffered this fate in a way that I am unable to put in words.
Whilst Pearl harbour comes close it was a legitimate military target, stashed with fat ships of war, talk about sticking your neck out. I guess some lessons were learned from that one even though your new radar saw the planes coming but did'nt think they would attack for some reason and you did not have a telephone.

Once you have suffered war in this way you would have a different view of war. You would not glorify it with constant movies of American heroes or attach military connection to mundane things like Ground Zero and Airforce one. You may not appreciate camouflage and army fatigues as normal dress or be infatuated by weapons but instead abhor them for what they are and that is to kill, yes you can say you like to shoot holes in bits of paper on a wall but killing is what they are for.

To put into perspective,-- when I was a small boy I was arguing with a friend, an old man ran up to us and pleaded with us to stop arguing and be friends, he said this is how wars start.

NE_FL
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VS1400

Post by NE_FL »

I think we know what war is all about with over 1 million U.S. dead and wounded in WWII alone.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

Agreed! We haven't forgotten.

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Fred wrote:Any thing more recent within the last 100 years. Anything with modern military weapons like a bomb or something dropped from a plane, and you then fought back for 5 years resulting in the whole country stepping up into full fabrication of arms. Anything where your hospitals were bombed and city centers needing black outs and running for your lives in underground rail way stations. Most of Europe suffered this fate in a way that I am unable to put in words.
Whilst Pearl harbour comes close it was a legitimate military target, stashed with fat ships of war, talk about sticking your neck out. I guess some lessons were learned from that one even though your new radar saw the planes coming but did'nt think they would attack for some reason and you did not have a telephone.

Once you have suffered war in this way you would have a different view of war. You would not glorify it with constant movies of American heroes or attach military connection to mundane things like Ground Zero and Airforce one. You may not appreciate camouflage and army fatigues as normal dress or be infatuated by weapons but instead abhor them for what they are and that is to kill, yes you can say you like to shoot holes in bits of paper on a wall but killing is what they are for.

To put into perspective,-- when I was a small boy I was arguing with a friend, an old man ran up to us and pleaded with us to stop arguing and be friends, he said this is how wars start.

Are you fluent in German or Japanese?????
At that time and place , If they ( The German or Japanese ) were left unchecked ( without the interjection of the mighty US forces) you would be speaking one or the other right now..

The same comparison can be made for ISIS in the present day Middle East
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

What ever you say oh mighty America :bow: but I think you know a little better. Whilst Im not American or been to America I do know a lot of Americans. The difference between those who live there and those that don't does not 100 % involve religious beliefs but getting on that way. Ive met and talked to many of your 'missing in action' in dark sleezy bars that just don't want to go home and I have met a Mexican guy that was about to kill me on a bus, boy I had to talk nice to that guy.
Some tell stories of attempts to return,-- failing at the doors of the airport doors. Does'nt sound right to me but thats what they said. Maybe its an investment thing because US citizens can not invest in anything offshore because of your draconian I R.

Us on Tv looks nice most of the time, I have to admit that I could live in some of those places ,but some of those places do not look so good on Dog the bounty hunter. Why is every one so FAT???

Na --americans are ok in small doses, very small. Actually I do know one guy that is really ok he's called Dumas, but he does not live in America.

Ps -- the bus with the Mexican was full of American service men and they shouted to me that every one would rather fight for the British, they said they were far more professional. This was back in the 90's I shall not elaborate on this story of where I was or what I was doing.

NE_FL
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by NE_FL »

I love all the generalizing, pigeon-holing, labelling, and characterizations of Americans by someone who has never set foot in America. Maybe it's time to take an extended holiday and see first hand what is what and who is who.

:ahha:

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

Yes I agree I would love to. To be honest I love going to countries I have never been to,-- Australia was great and I could not wait for the sun to come up and look out of the hotel window --Dubai same America I would crap myself just getting in the Taxi and trying to get to a Hotel. I would not go unless I went with an American.

It may happen if I could find an American I could sit next to for 14 hours.

Oh I forgot --I know a girl from new york---- Leslie She can talk and talk and talk --it never stops, after a while you think of ways to get away but then you think you will sit it out and see her explode but no it doesnt happen . If I see her I run away --she loves to talk to me and refers to me as English on and on and on in the end you may have not spoken one word and it is an hour later and its still going. You Remember Joan Rivers!!!----similar.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

AND NOT to mention, our country is HUGE compared to where you come from.

Yo-

NE_FL
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by NE_FL »

I've been to the United Kingdom, the far east, western and eastern Europe, the Pacific islands, NZ, and Australia (as well as all 50 US states), and I've always been glad to get back to the good ol' USA. There's no other country quite like it, and it is the one many folks world-wide try to enter in order to achieve their dreams for a better life.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

That's the SPIRIT! [emoji106] :bow: :cheers: :clap:

Yo-

NE_FL
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by NE_FL »

Think he's convinced yet? [emoji2]

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

He's not poking his head up lately....maybe we hit a chord [emoji106]
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

"Why does God let Muslims cut our heads off on TV?"

:Umm: I don't see God stopping anyone from cutting your head off on TV.

Yo-

Spyder
Scooter Enthusiast
My Bike: S50----

Post by Spyder »

"If there was no religion there would be harmony, all over the world,--" So, no greed, envy, anger, murder, etc,? God bless you Fred.

prsavage
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 2006 Yamaha V-Star 1100

Post by prsavage »

Perhaps God let's the terrorists chop off some people's heads because he is allowing them free will. But also ask yourself this, could it be possible that God, knowing that the terrorist will exercise his free will, has chosen that person for beheading to spare him a far worse fate?

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Even without all the religions in the world there would always be human nature.....no denying that lucid fact...
And along with human nature there comes the faults of humans....the seven deadly sins..

Lust – “But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart” (Matthew 5:28).

Gluttony – “for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags” (Proverbs 23:21).

Greed - “Having lost all sensitivity, they have given themselves over to sensuality so as to indulge in every kind of impurity, with a continual lust for more” (Ephesians 4:19).

Laziness – “The way of the sluggard is blocked with thorns, but the path of the upright is a highway” (Proverbs 15:19).

Wrath – “A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger” (Proverbs 15:1)

Envy – “Therefore, rid yourselves of all malice and all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and slander of every kind. Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation” (1 Peter 2:1-2).

Pride - “Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall” (Proverbs 16:18).

These human faults and frailties were not originated with Religion ....There was no Religion during the times of Cain and Abel

I would care to wager that even iconoclasts would agree to that [emoji106]