Why does god let muslims cut our heads off on TV

Discuss these subjects at your own risk!
You may find your way to Eden or the garden of Hell!
I will NOT be responsible for where you might end up!
Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!
My Bike: VS 1400. Royal Enfield

Why does god let muslims cut our heads off on TV

Post by Fred »

Fair question? Infact if you apply the answer because god does not exist it will answer all possible questions one would have about god , the bible and all religious upheaval in the world.---very simple.

Or--why does mohamed allow Americans to shoot muslims,--same answer,---just needs a modicum of intelligence.

MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Re: Why does god let muslims cut our heads off on TV

Post by MadCow »

America shoots terrorists.
-DBTO

NE_FL
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VS1400

Post by NE_FL »

God doesn't "let" them or "make" them or "prevent" them from doing anything. They do it all on their own because that's just who they are.

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

So what does god do then,--besides just being a spectator.

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

MadCow wrote:America shoots terrorists.
And bombs Innocent Japanese 200,000 at a time,---twice. Still got the land mines of Vietnam,-- kills every day. Could you go and clear them up please. You've been asked before but for some reason it is too dangerous. Could you at least send some crutches, small size please--for the kids. Thanks -- God bless America.

MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Post by MadCow »

Fred wrote:
And bombs Innocent Japanese 200,000 at a time,---twice. Still got the land mines of Vietnam,-- kills every day. Could you go and clear them up please. You've been asked before but for some reason it is too dangerous. Could you at least send some crutches, small size please--for the kids. Thanks -- God bless America.
Personally, I think you're just here to stir up shit. But that's just my opinion.
-DBTO

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

Well I understand that might happen, but I was hoping you might give it some thought. America has never had a war on its own soil, you go to a lot of trouble to make sure that does not happen. Lets hope you never do,--- but if you did, you would think differently about it.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

There have been many attacks on American soil. Just never declared as a, "war".

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

It's called "Free Will"......Every person on Mother earth has that choice....evil or good...
Some are prone to violence...some towards peace....that's what makes the world go round.

And in the end it's always YOU who make that choice
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Spitfire
Joined a 850cc Club

Post by Spitfire »

Fred wrote:

Not quite true Fred but you do have a point, we really f'd it up, we should be more active in cleaning it up. BTW, not that it is germane to this issue but just where are you outside the US, curious minds want to know. :confused:

Copied from the Monitor http://www.the-monitor.org/index.php/LM ... he-Monitor

What is the Monitor?

Landmine and Cluster Munition Monitor (“the Monitor”) provides civil society monitoring on the humanitarian and developmental consequences of landmines, cluster munitions, and explosive remnants of war (ERW). An initiative of the International Campaign to Ban Landmines (ICBL) created in 1998, it provides research and monitoring for the ICBL and the Cluster Munition Coalition (CMC).

Mine Action Funding

Vietnam has no published national budget for mine action, but official sources state that the government invests “hundreds of billions of dong (tens of millions of US dollars) for mine detection and clearance” each year.[101] The Ministry of Defense estimates that complete clearance within ten years would cost $4 billion, plus $1 billion more for survivor assistance needs over the same period.[102]

In 2003, three donors reported providing a total of $4.3 million for mine action in Vietnam. This includes: the United States $2,427,000; Germany €966,538 ($1,093,637); and, Australia A$1,200,000 (US$782,400). Landmine Monitor identified $17.7 million in mine action funding for Vietnam in 2002, and $5.7 million in 2001.

According to reports from donors, more than US$35 million has been provided or pledged for mine action in Vietnam in recent years. This includes the US$12 million donated in 2002 by the Japanese government to the Ministry of Defense for mine clearance equipment to be used in infrastructure development projects, such as the HCM highway. Other donors have included the governments of Denmark, Ireland, and Norway—which provided NOK350,000 ($49,435) to the Landmine Survivors Network in 2003 for its amputee peer support network in Vietnam—as well as the Freeman Foundation, SODI, PK, the United Nations Association, and other foundations and charities.

The largest bilateral donor to mine action in Vietnam is the United States. The 2003 total of $2.427 million includes funds for National Impact Survey, clearance by MAG, and equipment for the Ministry of Defense Engineering Command.[103] From 1999-2003, the US provided about $13.6 million in mine action assistance. Additional US support for survivor assistance comes through the Leahy War Victims Fund, which supports Health Volunteers Overseas (HVO), Viet Nam Assistance for the Handicapped (VNAH), Vietnam Veterans of America Foundation, Prosthetics Outreach Foundation, and World Vision. Since 1999, the fund has provided a total of $7.85 million for the disability sector in general, including but not exclusively for UXO/mine victims.[104] Landmine Survivors Network receives funding from the US Centers for Disease Control, with an annual in-country budget of approximately $160,000.[105]

NE_FL
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by NE_FL »

Fred, I know you hate religion, but how do you stand on God? Do you believe there is a God? If you do, which one do you worship?

:confused:

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

Well NE I think you answered you own question. If I had to make a stand on god I would stand on his head and jump up and down on it. He is a cruel inhuman bastard. I can say this quite easily because there is'nt one.

Simply put, NO god would let children be raped killed every minute of the day and what about dieing at birth, what reason is that for. There is not enough memory on this forum for me to write about the cruelty of god,---and if you want to say he didnt do it,-- man did ---well the #$%^& stands by and watches.

My question to you--why do you need one, has he /it ever done anything for you. The BBC every single hour starts off with religious death and silly humans fighting over god and what do we get --- not a peep out of him. A child can work out ( if you let them) that NOTHING is there. There is only one thing dumber than a religious person --and that is one with a cigarette.

[emoji476] nearly got me going then dint ya.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

I really feel sorry for a small minded person like yourself ...You must lead a pitiful life.

Tell me....what has brought you to this point in your life....someone must have stepped on you pretty hard for you to have an out look like you've got..
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Most people have a religious background. They were brought up that way and it's what they know. Sometimes, they decide to peruse a different religion than what they were brought up with and settle on something different. Nothing wrong with that. Right? I mean no one seems to be condemning people for such a thing though they will often tell you your religion is wrong. Hum, sometimes people will gravitate to a position of not believing anything is there at all. While not considered a religion, it is a belief system based in that of humanity instead of believing in a God. Seems like all religious believers will tell you you are so screwed for not believing in something, that hell is the only way you'll leave this world no matter what religion you may believe in.

If the religious believers would just not be quite so righteous about it and how they believe it is the only way to think and take a step back and show the tolerance they show for others that seek a different experience than what they believe, well you can see where this is going.....

Yo-

Spitfire
Joined a 850cc Club

Post by Spitfire »

I have a different view on God and religion than most I guess. First, while I believe the bible is the story of man and God I don't believe it is a literal history. I believe this for several reasons. First, it was written over a long period of time not from eyewitness accounts but from stories passed down over generations and individual letters. Second, it is not all inclusive but the result of religious leaders editing those books of the bible that they feel present a history they deem appropriate. Last (at least for this posting), it is an interpreted work that has been edited by the various factions over time. I don't believe God is going to keep a record of every little transgression of the Bible because he meant it to guide you in life. Even in the preaching of Jesus he mainly spoke in parables and used stories to relate to the people. Nor do I believe He is going to come swooping down and perform miracles when we pray for this and that, He could, of that I have no doubt but I relate to God in much the same way I do to my parents and my sons. I could rush in and pay their way out of their problems or just go fix the car, house, yard or whatever but they must make their own decisions and suffer the consequences. They would grow to resent my constant intrusions no matter how well intended and never grow in their own right. I may get really annoyed at some of those choices, may feel that I know better but guess what? Two of my kids seem to be doing great, one is struggling but seems to be finding his own way and they are all liking their lives. Each has had his own struggles to overcome and each has found his own way but none of them has done anything that would prevent me from loving them and welcoming them home. In another words each has had to deal with different problems and had to have solutions that are different from their brothers. I judge their accomplishments based on their lives and not against each other. That is what I believe God does, He judges me on how I deal with life's obstacles, on how I treat others and yes I suppose He listens to me when I complain but I don't think He is going to remove those obstacles. If some radical or crook or maniac comes along and threatens my life I have no doubt I would pray for salvation from the threat (after all there are no atheist in the trenches) but I doubt He will come down and smite my oppressors, but He will welcome me home and in the judgement He invites me to stay. Oh, and I hope the oppressor is right behind me having been helped on his way by the judgement of man. :Umm:

:soapbox: Simplistic I know, but then I doubt the people of Jesus time were anymore sophisticated than me. [emoji106]

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

Suzuki Johnny wrote:I really feel sorry for a small minded person like yourself ...You must lead a pitiful life.

Tell me....what has brought you to this point in your life....someone must have stepped on you pretty hard for you to have an out look like you've got..
Again johnny your way out on that one too, as much as you would love to hear that i was down and out Im afraid the opposite is true. Retired at 38 live in Thailand and Malaysia, very healthy thank you, never need to work ever again, both parents still healthy my dad hates religion and ride his mountain bike at 86. Have a few bikes and a boat that been valued at 300,000 dollars. Multihillsolutions.com power cats. Hardly a pitiful life.

I worked it out on my own --not difficult considering the evidence --or lack of it. I am my god and morals is my strength and what gives me dignity.

NE_FL
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by NE_FL »

F, I don't hold your lack of belief in religion or a god against you. Just your irritating and obnoxious insistence that if one does believe he is a fool. I don't give a rats ass what you think if you keep it to yourself and don't preach about how wrong everyone else is. After all, you do have some good technical posts.

Oh by the way, you may be set financially, but "money can't buy happiness."

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Fred, perhaps this isn't the forum for you. You seem nice enough out on the open forums and as NE_FL stated you do post up some useful stuff in the tech section and that's all fine and dandy. But, can you see where this is going?

You do have a way of rubbing people the wrong way when it comes to the subject of religion. Just as you would like to not have the bible thumped at you, you come here to stir the pot and get everyone riled up. It's not helping the situation at all. Now I'm not going to tell you what to do, but consider what I've said here and just lets all have some peace. I mean, after all, what's the point in it?

Yo-

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

NE_FL wrote:F, I don't hold your lack of belief in religion or a god against you. Just your irritating and obnoxious insistence that if one does believe he is a fool."
Only irritating and obnoxious, Hmm maybe need to step it up a bit but thanks for that--I was not sure I was getting this point across but apparently I am.

Now that I have your attention --religion is the biggest by far problem with the world, but yes I do need to be obnoxious as you fight fire with fire --don't you.

If there was no religion there would be harmony, all over the world,-- hell even I might not be here irritating you.

Think about that--woul'dnt that be nice.

Any way I am bowing out on this, its generally how I do things like a bull at a gate then kinda lose interest.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

You're bugging out just when the shit is hitting the fan........What's the matter now...Lose your interest in the subject matter...Oh well [emoji106]