A Walk Through Washington DC

Discuss these subjects at your own risk!
You may find your way to Eden or the garden of Hell!
I will NOT be responsible for where you might end up!
Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

A Walk Through Washington DC

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

They will never show this on the news.

Have a cup of coffee, sit back and relax and click on this:

.http://hawthornephoto.com/walk.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: ZG-XII and VS-XIV
Moniker: Postmaster

Re: A Walk Through Washington DC

Post by Jolsen »

DC is fun to visit. Been there 3 times still ain't seen all the Smithsonian institution.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
VS1400 Wiring Diagram INFOWARS
Its not my job to prove myself every time I state facts. Its YOUR job to look it up and find out what I say is true.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

The Ride tot he Wall is on my bucket List......last couple of years we have been having problems finding suitable accommodations within 50 miles of DC.....closest motel we could find was 175 miles away..
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: ZG-XII and VS-XIV
Moniker: Postmaster

Post by Jolsen »

Colonial Beach,va or Fredericksburg Virginia are your best bet. My cousin used to live in colonial beach.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
VS1400 Wiring Diagram INFOWARS
Its not my job to prove myself every time I state facts. Its YOUR job to look it up and find out what I say is true.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

The closet suitable motel we could find was Cumberland , Maryland some 135 miles away..
With traffic it would have taken us at least 3 1/2 to 4 hours to get to the Memorial or the parade..
That's 8 hours travel time in a 11 hour day.........Most motels/hotels in the DC area are booked for the next 5 years or so during the RTHW. And it's getting bigger and bigger each year.

MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Post by MadCow »

Suzuki Johnny wrote:The closet suitable motel we could find was Cumberland , Maryland some 135 miles away..
With traffic it would have taken us at least 3 1/2 to 4 hours to get to the Memorial or the parade..
That's 8 hours travel time in a 11 hour day.........Most motels/hotels in the DC area are booked for the next 5 years or so during the RTHW. And it's getting bigger and bigger each year.
Yeah, I hear ya! I stopped doing Rolling Thunder for just that reason...it has gotten too big to enjoy.

The best way I can describe Rolling Thunder is Washington DC turns into a giant parking lot and everywhere you look for miles is thousands upon thousands of bikes. Last year it was estimated I think at close to 400,000 bikes and with a total of 900,000 participants AND spectators. It's 8 hours of controlled chaos and to many riders, not fun anymore. Most fun I had was in 2004 when I got to ride up in the first few rows of bikes on my VS1400. I did each year up to 2007 when I did it with the wife on the Goldwing, she enjoyed it but I didn't (mostly because we got caught in a thunderstorm trying to get out of DC after the ride) ... and did it again in 2010 on the VROD. That was the last one I did.
-DBTO

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

I'm sure the organizers didn't expect the event to grow as large as it has ......... and I'm glad that folks are getting involved in events such as this one, it shows there is a segment of the population that really gives a hoot about fallen hero's and those who have served honorably in our nations armed services.