Where do you go when you die?

Discuss these subjects at your own risk!
You may find your way to Eden or the garden of Hell!
I will NOT be responsible for where you might end up!
YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Re: Where do you go when you die?

Post by YoDude »

I don't know. Personally, I think it's just lights out and that's it. Being that no one can say for sure with complete authority, I can only guess that it's a matter of what you prefer to think, or believe in.

Yo-

DMIntruder
Riding on Learners Permit

Post by DMIntruder »

Even though I spent 4 years in a Catholic HS and 2 years attending a Catholic University, I am not a particularly religious person. Unfortunately science cannot currently give us an answer to this question. I believe in what I can see, hear, feel, and the laws of the known universe. I just hope that there is something better awaiting, another form of existence perhaps, because I have not had the best of runs in this life and I am ready for a change.

DMIntruder

Post by DMIntruder »

I keep telling myself not to post here as no one will like my viewpoint on these matters. The Bible? Each religion has their own version of this document. From my perspective any ancient document(s) requires severe scrutiny. Most of these stories were passed down word of mouth BEFORE they were written, thus they inherently have inaccuracies and different twists that the person(s) put on them. Many of the stories were written to justify and explain natural phenomena that were not understood by the people of that time. And in so doing associated a 'being' greater than themselves as the reason. No we understand the natural world much better.

The fact that there are multiple other biblical books written that were never included in the Bible that is circulated today by Christianity screams censorship. Why not let all of the writings be included and let people judge for themselves which they choose to read and believe?

Religion is and has always been the number 1 cause of all wars and conflict on this planet PERIOD. Religion is so full of exceptions, different interpretations, and personal viewpoints, but lacks complete and utter FACTS and hard evidence.

Knowing the vastness and age of the universe I believe more in the Ancient Alien theories of how the human race was directed in its infancy.

That is all I am going to say on this matter.

DMIntruder

Post by DMIntruder »

Understood, but I would caution you on trying sway my thoughts. Save that for those who can be reached, as I cannot. I seek truth in the form of hard evidence and facts which you, sadly, cannot provide. If you could you sure as heck would not be doing what you are currently doing.

Tripseven
Studying MC Handbook
My Bike: Sold it for an 82 Corvette

Post by Tripseven »

My friend Isabelle died Last Friday. (the 12th of Sept 2014) She was 47.
In late 2013 she had returned to Houston Tx from Zambia and didn't feel well. Long story short, she found out she had stage 4 lung cancer which had spread everywhere; her brain, her hips, her spine, her lymph system. The plan was to knock it back with radiation and try to maintain with a dose of chemo every three weeks.

She wrote a blog about the experience. She was Upbeat and hopeful, She was emotionaly open and honest. She sought after Christ, and tried to understand why this was happening to her.

The knocking it back part went well. But the scheduled doses of chemo didn't happen like they were supposed to because of low white blood counts. So the delays allowed the cancer to re-establish a hold on her. 5 days before she died, she had a heart attack, They put in two stints, but no pain meds for some reason. A couple days later they moved her to hospice. She never regained consciousness. Two days later She died.

Her last days were in incredible pain. Many years ago I wanted her to be my wife, she said no. I can see that as mercy now because while her death is painful, I'm ok. I will miss my friend, but If she had been my bride I'd be an absolute wreck.

She is with our Lord and Savior now. Her pain is done. She believed in Christ, as do I. I look forward to seeing her again.

I'd love to be in the movies, but I have a face for radio, a voice for writing, and arthritis

Minnow990
Practicing Bicycling

Post by Minnow990 »

DMIntruder wrote:Understood, but I would caution you on trying sway my thoughts. Save that for those who can be reached, as I cannot. I seek truth in the form of hard evidence and facts which you, sadly, cannot provide. If you could you sure as heck would not be doing what you are currently doing.
Hear hear.

I'm a very open-minded person, so if someone believes there is a heaven and hell, so be it. I'm not gonna sway them. Its your belief, and if it makes life easier for you, I'm happy for you.

As for me, I need science or personal experience, or some damn good evidence!
Minnow990
1987 Intruder VS700
New Supporter of Bikers Against Child Abuse

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Hi Trip, welcome to the board. I hope you find being here a good experience and stay around.

I too am sad you lost your friend. Sometimes it's good to talk of these things. I'm glad it didn't hit you hard as you say that, if she had been your wife it would have been much worse. Thanks for sharing.

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: 1996 VS1400

Post by Larry TN »

If & When

If, when this life is over
And heaven is my due
The things I did that got me there
I wouldn't have a clue
When after all is said and done
I find myself in hell
The things I did that brought me there
I'll know them very well.

W. Larry Tinch 2004

Hell is eternal seperation from God without recourse. It is real to me, but I will never see it. It is reserved for those too stubborn to go anywhere else. Those too learned to see the truth. Those whose opinion of themselves and mankind precludes the concept of a Creator. Those for whom we pray while they live.
Heaven is eternity with Christ, and without any of the burdens of the flesh. The exact geographical location is not so important as arriving without having to explain anything.
What has anyone found wrong about the teachings of Christ? Even the OT is saturated with excellent moral advice and even 10 very good suggestions for getting along with those around you.
"Father forgive them, for they know not what they do." Luke 23:34
"Give the people you have offended time to apologize." -Rev Samuel Porter Jones (in 1906)

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: ZG-XII and VS-XIV
Moniker: Postmaster

Post by Jolsen »

All I know is they better have Intruders where ever it is or I'll be pissed.
VS1400 Wiring Diagram INFOWARS
Its not my job to prove myself every time I state facts. Its YOUR job to look it up and find out what I say is true.

DMIntruder

Post by DMIntruder »

Jolsen wrote:All I know is they better have Intruders where ever it is or I'll be pissed.
Right on!!! :cheers:

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Don't forget the beer and half naked dancing girls.

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

YoDude9999 wrote:Don't forget the beer and half naked dancing girls.

Yo-
and a veritable plethora of lawyers and politicians to keep things hot.
"Give the people you have offended time to apologize." -Rev Samuel Porter Jones (in 1906)

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

Jolsen wrote:All I know is they better have Intruders where ever it is or I'll be pissed.
If we could fly anytime and anywhere with or without a physical body, we would have no need for a machine. I can honestly say that I know what it feels like to fly, but to share that with you would take better powers of description than I have. Perhaps a wakened dream is one way to say it. I will admit it is strange, but the whole episode was as real as real can get.
There may indeed be motorcycles in heaven, since with God all things are possible, but in hell the gasoline wouldn't last long enough to be worth hitting the start button.

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

Tripseven wrote:My friend Isabelle died Last Friday. (the 12th of Sept 2014) She was 47.
In late 2013 she had returned to Houston Tx from Zambia and didn't feel well. Long story short, she found out she had stage 4 lung cancer which had spread everywhere; her brain, her hips, her spine, her lymph system. The plan was to knock it back with radiation and try to maintain with a dose of chemo every three weeks.

She wrote a blog about the experience. She was Upbeat and hopeful, She was emotionaly open and honest. She sought after Christ, and tried to understand why this was happening to her.

The knocking it back part went well. But the scheduled doses of chemo didn't happen like they were supposed to because of low white blood counts. So the delays allowed the cancer to re-establish a hold on her. 5 days before she died, she had a heart attack, They put in two stints, but no pain meds for some reason. A couple days later they moved her to hospice. She never regained consciousness. Two days later She died.

Her last days were in incredible pain. Many years ago I wanted her to be my wife, she said no. I can see that as mercy now because while her death is painful, I'm ok. I will miss my friend, but If she had been my bride I'd be an absolute wreck.

She is with our Lord and Savior now. Her pain is done. She believed in Christ, as do I. I look forward to seeing her again.
Sometimes it's a good thing we can't share pain.
Today is the anniversary of the death of my stepfather(1987), I went by his gravesite today. Mom is buried beside him(2008). There was no one there. I would really like to see them happy, as they had much sadness while they were here. There is only one way I can do that, I have to get to heaven.

Tripseven
Studying MC Handbook
My Bike: Sold it for an 82 Corvette

Post by Tripseven »

I'm sorry for your loss.

I was told once, and I find it an interesting thought to ponder; for Christians this life is as bad as existance will ever be. For those who deny Christ, this life is the best they will ever know.

Paul tells us if we are wrong and they are right we should be pitied, for wasting our lives serving... nothing. I find the interesting part of that that christians almost never recieve pity, but derision, anger, condescention, and hatred.

I'd love to be in the movies, but I have a face for radio, a voice for writing, and arthritis

Skree
Practicing Bicycling

Post by Skree »

I have no idea where I will go when I die - I haven't died yet (that I know of?!?), although my wife insists that I was a pirate in a former life, so maybe I'll just come back as something/someone different and totally forget that I've been here before.

Only the dead know and they aren't talking plainly...
pegs down for all who have fallen and passed on

- Kenn

Remember your towel.

Minnow990
Practicing Bicycling

Post by Minnow990 »

YoDude9999 wrote:Don't forget the beer and half naked dancing girls.
Alcohol, women, and motorcycles. Sounds like heaven to me! :cheers:
Minnow990
1987 Intruder VS700
New Supporter of Bikers Against Child Abuse

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

98VS1400 wrote: I will say this. Not everyone is meant to believe. Those who are, will.
I have a problem with that. Now why would a loving God create someone he knew would go to hell unless there is no hell? :uhh:

I had to add some. Some of the books I have been reading say we have lived other lives. Some of the books say there is no heaven or hell. The only thing I know is the Bible asks you to believe by faith. So I believe by faith.
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

Don't be taken in by them frisbeetarians. They say you get thrown up on the roof and just slide down into the gutter.

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!
My Bike: VS 1400. Royal Enfield

Post by Fred »

No one will see heaven or hell because your eyes will be burned when they cremate your body. Your brain also will be fried like chicken liver and most definitely will not be in a condition to receive information from the shrivled eyes This is the trouble with this religious crap , throw a tiny bit of logic on it and it collapses like a house of cards. be religiuos if you want but don't ram it down my throat is all I can say. Don't come to my country and bring your religious crap and cut off my head because you think I deserve it. Atheism is the prince of peace. Nothing else will achieve the calm and tranquility it offers.