Where do you go when you die?

Discuss these subjects at your own risk!
You may find your way to Eden or the garden of Hell!
I will NOT be responsible for where you might end up!
old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Re: Where do you go when you die?

Post by old time rider »

Do I hear Blood S.and Tears in the back ground of this thread? :big grin: Liked that ol song :thumbup: .

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

NE_FL wrote:If I can't take my faithful dog "Luke" I may not go. And it would be nice if the welcoming committee consisted of a willing virgin and a bottle of Christian Brothers brandy.

I'm with you.....Don't know about the willing wimin... but the brandy sure sounds good :thumbup:
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!
My Bike: VS 1400. Royal Enfield

Post by Fred »

Heaven and hell are the same place. For instance for a fat bearded murderous Muslim thinking he will go to heaven and get a virgin it would be hell for the virgin --but they could not possible work that out.

And what about me for instance when get to heaven and meet Larry it will be nice for him to finally meet me but hell for me.

Do you know the Ducks in heaven joke? Its very clever with a twist at the end, hey we don't have a joke thread do we --ahhwww we got to have a joke thread.

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!
My Bike: VS 1400. Royal Enfield

Post by Fred »

Larry TN wrote:
NE_FL wrote:If I can't take my faithful dog "Luke" I may not go. And it would be nice if the welcoming committee consisted of a willing virgin and a bottle of Christian Brothers brandy.
If you are serious, check with the muslims. You and Luke may be barking up the wrong tree. Y'all aint related to fred....nah.
Animals cant go, they are all made by god but he don't want animals only us. My Vicar told me while fiddling with my mates penis behind the black board. Flies cant go either or there would be too many of them, its all pretty logical when you think about it.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

So many religions.............so little time
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

NE_FL
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VS1400

Post by NE_FL »

Suzuki Johnny wrote:So many religions.............so little time
....and there's only one right one. :Umm:

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

NE_FL wrote:
Suzuki Johnny wrote:So many religions.............so little time
....and there's only one right one. :Umm:

But all of them promise one salvation or another.....Abide by their rules and you will be saved
by the grace of God

I still think that if you live your live in a Godly manner.... Praise God, don't kill anyone on purpose, Honor your Father and Mother, Do unto others as you would have them do unto you, teach your children well and generally obey the laws of the land where you live...
You will be saved [emoji106]

Spitfire
Joined a 850cc Club

Post by Spitfire »

+1 :XmasTree:

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Fred wrote:
Larry TN wrote:
If you are serious, check with the muslims. You and Luke may be barking up the wrong tree. Y'all aint related to fred....nah.
Animals cant go, they are all made by god but he don't want animals only us. My Vicar told me while fiddling with my mates penis behind the black board. Flies cant go either or there would be too many of them, its all pretty logical when you think about it.

Fred:

If you don't mind would you please refrain from using such disturbing comments like the one above...This is not the forum to be making fun of religion or religious persons..
I would appreciate your cooperation in this matter.
Otherwise have a nice day and may the power be with you [emoji106]

God

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Now let's really think about what you have just described as the path to salvation...

You quoted.........
Acts 4:12
And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.”

Are all faiths Christian? And if not there is no salvation for them..?
Baptists
Lutherans
Methodists
Protestant
The Independent Evangelical-Lutheran Church (German:
Albanian Byzantine Catholic Church
Armenian Catholic Church
Belarusian Catholic Church
Bulgarian Greek Catholic Church
Chaldean Catholic Church
Coptic Catholic Church
Byzantine Church of Croatia, Serbia and Montenegro
Ethiopian Catholic Church
Greek Byzantine Catholic Church
Hungarian Byzantine Catholic Church
Italo-Albanian Catholic Church ; a.k.a. Italo-Greek Catholic Church
Macedonian Catholic Church
Maronite Catholic Church
Melkite Catholic Church
Romanian Catholic Church
Russian Catholic Church
Ruthenian Catholic Church ; usually called the "Byzantine Catholic Church" in the United States
Slovak Greek Catholic Church
Syriac Catholic Church
Syro-Malabar Catholic Church
Syro-Malankara Catholic Church
Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church
Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople
Finnish Orthodox Church
Estonian Apostolic Orthodox Church (autonomy not universally recognized)
Patriarchal Exarchate for Orthodox Parishes of Russian Tradition in Western Europe (autonomy not universally recognized)
Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the USA
Greek Orthodox Church of Alexandria
Greek Orthodox Church of Antioch
Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America
Greek Orthodox Church of Jerusalem
Saint Catherine's Monastery (considered autocephalous by some)
Russian Orthodox Church
Latvian Orthodox Church (semi-autonomous)
Moldovan Orthodox Church (autonomy not universally recognized)
Ukrainian Orthodox Church (Moscow Patriarchate)
Japanese Orthodox Church (autonomy not universally recognized)
Chinese Orthodox Church
Russian Orthodox Church Outside Russia (semi-autonomous; this is not universally recognized)
Estonian Orthodox Church of Moscow Patriarchate (semi-autonomous; this is not universally recognized)
Serbian Orthodox Church
Orthodox Ohrid Archbishopric
Romanian Orthodox Church
Metropolis of Bessarabia
Bulgarian Orthodox Church
Georgian Orthodox and Apostolic Church
Cypriot Orthodox Church
Church of Greece
Polish Orthodox Church
Orthodox Autocephalous Church of Albania (Albanian Orthodox Church)
Czech and Slovak Orthodox Church
Orthodox Church in America (autocephaly not universally recognized)
Greek Old Calendarists
Montenegrin Orthodox Church
Macedonian Orthodox Church
Russian Old Believers
Russian Orthodox Church in America
Ukrainian Autocephalous Orthodox Church
Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the Kyivan Patriarchate
Autocephalous Turkish Orthodox Patriarchate
Bulgarian Alternative Synod
Armenian Apostolic Church
Mother See of Holy Etchmiadzin
Holy See of Cilicia
Armenian Patriarchate of Jerusalem
Armenian Patriarchate of Constantinople
Church of Caucasian Albania (extinct)
Coptic Orthodox Church of Alexandria
British Orthodox Church
French Coptic Orthodox Church
Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church
Ethiopian Orthodox Coptic Church of North and South America (considers itself autocephalous but considered schismatic by the Church in Ethiopia)
Eritrean Orthodox Tewahedo Church
Syriac Orthodox Church
Jacobite Syrian Christian Church (located in Kerala, India)
Knanaya Jacobites (located in Kerala, India)
Honavar Mission Church (located in Karnataka, India)
Indian (Malankara) Orthodox Church (located in Kerala, India)
Brahmavar (Goan) Orthodox Church (located in Karnataka, India)
Malabar Independent Syrian Church (located in Kerala, India)

I could go on and on but this list will do....I'm sure that all these denominations have their roots in one Christian Faith which they belonged too centuries ago...But over the years they have morphed into an entirely different church and religion
But I'll bet they all have different paths to salvation....And if by chance any one of these denominations do not follow the same path as you have described ... what you're saying is they are all doomed????

That's why I make the assertion that if your life is patterned after Jesus Christ there is salvation for you...
The belief by other branches of religion that you have to be "saved", at least in my opinion
is untrue....In my religion I was saved by Jesus Christ when He died on the Cross...absolving my original sin and that created a path to my salvation....

JMHO

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

[quote="98VS1400"][quote="Suzuki Johnny"]Now let's really think about what you have just described as the path to salvation...

Let me ask you a couple of questions now, if I may...

1. How does a person pattern their life after Christ?
2. If a person were to obtain a Cliff's notes version of what Jesus did during His life and emulated it exactly, would that ensure they get to Heaven?
3. If you don't have to be "saved" to get to Heaven, then why does anyone ever go to Hell?

Answer to your first question...
1. How does a person pattern their life after Christ?
Exodus 20:12
"Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the LORD your God is giving you.

Matthew 19:19
honor your father and mother,' and 'love your neighbor as yourself.'"

2. If a person were to obtain a Cliff's notes version of what Jesus did during His life and emulated it exactly, would that ensure they get to Heaven?

No one has a guaranteed path to heaven and partnership with Christ ..
1 Timothy 4:1 – But the Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons. (NASB)

3. If you don't have to be "saved" to get to Heaven, then why does anyone ever go to Hell?

It's not a question of being saved...Being saved has many different meanings

Romans 10:9-10 (New International Version)

9 That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

Everybody wants to go to Heaven.
Nobody wants to die.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

There comes a time in most folks lives whether it be from sickness, disease, old age, longing to be reunited with a loved one that they are ready to die and would gladly go willingly if they could facilitate the process.....one is starving oneself to death..and I have first hand knowledge of that..
My dearly departed Mother passed away last year after refusing food or drink, she had already signed a no resuscitation document, and she knew full well what she was going to do..
She was a very religious person and had made a pilgrimage to Medjugorje some years prior before her health became an issue.
She had informed me a month before her ordeal began to " Not do anything" At first I didn't catch on...Mom had complete control of her facilities , she was of sound mind but at age 94 after several strokes her body was not, but her heart took after her mind and was as strong as an ox..
Then when she refused to eat and I was called to the nursing home she repeated her request again to me to "Not do anything" It was then I realized what she was attempting to do...Her husband of 59 years had passed away on On April 21 many years before and she
was attempting to die on the same day or close to it .
She started her ordeal in mid February and she passed away on May 19, a feat her doctor could not explain other than her heart carried her for that long.
She achieved her goal that morning of the 19th, she died 6 days shy of turning 95.