I ASKED GOD FOR

Discuss these subjects at your own risk!
You may find your way to Eden or the garden of Hell!
I will NOT be responsible for where you might end up!
Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

I ASKED GOD FOR

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

A BEAUTIFUL PRAYER

I asked God to take away my habit.

God said, No.

It is not for me to take away, but for you to give it up.

I asked God to make my handicapped child whole.

God said, No.

His spirit is whole, his body is only temporary

I asked God to grant me patience.

God said, No.

Patience is a byproduct of tribulations;

it isn't granted, it is learned.

I asked God to give me happiness.

God said, No.

I give you blessings; Happiness is up to you.

I asked God to spare me pain.

God said, No.

Suffering draws you apart from worldly cares

and brings you closer to me.

I asked God to make my spirit grow.

God said, No.

You must grow on your own! ,

but I will prune you to make you fruitful.

I asked God for all things that I might enjoy life.

God said, No.

I will give you life, so that you may enjoy all things.

I ask God to help me LOVE others, as much as He loves me.

God said...Ahhhh, finally you have the idea.
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Re: I ASKED GOD FOR

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

“Our generation is so busy trying to prove that women can do everything men can do,
women are losing the unique qualities that set us apart.
The God-given femininity & unique way our Creator designed us.

Women weren't created to do everything a man can do.... Women were created to do everything a man can't do." - unknown
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

FROM ONE FRIEND TO ANOTHER

Written by Andy Rooney a great philosopher, a man who had the gift of saying so much with so few words. Rooney used to be on 60 Minutes TV show.

I've learned....
That the best classroom in the world is at the feet of an elderly person.

I've learned....
That when you're in love, it shows.

I've learned ....
That just one person saying to me, 'You've made my day!' makes my day.

I've learned....
That having a child fall asleep in your arms is one of the most peaceful feelings in the world.

I've learned....
That being kind is more important than being right.

I've learned....
That you should never say no to a gift from a child.

I've learned....
That I can always pray for someone when I don't have the strength to help him in any other way.

I've learned....
That no matter how serious your life requires you to be, everyone needs a friend to act goofy with.

I've learned....
That sometimes all a person needs is a hand to hold and a heart to understand.

I've learned....
That simple walks with my father around the block on summer nights when I was a child did wonders for me as an adult.

I've learned....
That life is like a roll of toilet paper.
The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.

I've learned....
That we should be glad God doesn't give us everything we ask for.

I've learned....
That money doesn't buy class.

I've learned....
That it's those small daily happenings that make life so spectacular.

I've learned...
That under everyone's hard shell is someone who wants to be appreciated and loved.

I've learned....
That to ignore the facts does not change the facts.

I've learned....
That when you plan to get even with someone,
you are only letting that person continue to hurt you.

I've learned....
That love, not time, heals all wounds.

I've learned....
That the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am.

I've learned....
That everyone you meet deserves to be greeted with a smile.

I've learned....
That no one is perfect until you fall in love with them.

I've learned...
That life is tough, but I'm tougher.

I've learned....
That opportunities are never lost; someone will take the ones you miss.

I've learned....
That when you harbor bitterness, happiness will dock elsewhere.

I've learned....
That I wish I could have told my Mother that I love her one more time before she passed away.

I've learned....
That one should keep his words both soft and tender, because tomorrow he may have to eat them.

I've learned....
That a smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks.

I've learned....
That when your newly born grandchild holds your little finger in his little fist, you're hooked for life.

I've learned....
That everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it.

I've learned....
That the less time I have to work with, the more things I get done.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Good morning my life giving Father. Thank you for another day. Whether is be a rainy, a cloudy day or a bright sunshiny day, with you by my side, it will be a beautiful day. "Beware that your hearts do not become drowsy." (Luke 21-34). Help me, Father, to avoid spiritual drowsiness. I realize that I have responsibilities to keep up, but don't let me take on so much that I forget all that I have are precious gifts from you. Help me to put more energy into my prayer life, and not get weighed down by the worries that come with my responsibilities. Holy Spirit, when I am weary, renew me with your life giving water.

Father, as I start this new day, I pray for your protection and guidance for all my friends and family. Give us all our daily bread for mind, body and soul. Renew our hearts and our faith. Help us to start the Advent Season with all the spiritual energy we can muster. For this I pray in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Good morning my Lord. I thank you for this new day, and the first Sunday of Advent where you give me an invitation to prepare myself to celebrate your birth. Advent is a season of hope and expectation. I, as many others will be busy getting ready, buying gifts, planning meals, and decorating our homes for the big event. I know that you are finding ways to touch hearts, and preparing special gifts of grace and blessings for everyone, if we just open our hearts to you. You will bring the gift of your Father's love for me, give me hope to face the challenges in my life, and freedom from guilt as I lay my sins and failings at your feet. Best of all you will give me peace and joy as you tell me that you have me in the palm of your hand. "Be watchful! Be alert!" (Mark 13:33). Jesus, by your Spirit and your grace, help me to be ready for your coming on Christmas Day.

Father, I pray for your guidance and protection for all my friends and family. Give us all our daily bread for mind, body and soul. Help us to forgive others and you forgive us. Help us all to be watchful and ready! I pray for all those who are still struggling to recover from all the catastrophes that have happened throughout this year. For this I pray in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Good afternoon amazing, loving Father. Yes sir, it is me knocking on your door again.
Lord I know that you want me to experience your love and mercy, your compassion and your passion. I know you want me to see the path that you have carved out for me, and that you will give me all the grace and inspiration I will need to walk that path with trust and confidence. Lord, open my eyes and show me your kingdom. In the Sacrament of Reconciliation cleanse my heart so that I can see your glory. Thank you Lord, for all these gifts that you put before me, and allow me to receive. Help me Lord to live the life you want, so that I will be ready to receive all these gifts you offer to me.
Father, I ask for your blessings, your protection and guidance on all my friends and family. Give us our daily bread for body, mind and soul. Please provide all their earthly and spiritual needs. Keep them safe and most importantly, help them to be holy. For this I pray in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Planets Will Align Causing Rare 'Christmas Star' to Appear in the Sky This December
Tuesday, December 1, 2020
Planets Will Align Causing Rare 'Christmas Star' to Appear in the Sky This December
ChristianHeadlines.com
PLANETS WILL ALIGN CAUSING RARE 'CHRISTMAS STAR' TO APPEAR IN THE SKY THIS DECEMBER Share Tweet
#science #top headlines #astronomy
On December 21, Saturn and Jupiter will align into a beautiful bright star. This will be the first time they align like this since the Middle Ages.

According to Forbes, the two planets will look like a "double planet" and provide an extraordinary amount of light. The last time these two planets aligned like this was on March 4, 1226, according to astronomer Patrick Hartigan at Rice University.

"Alignments between these two planets are rather rare, occurring once every 20 years or so, but this conjunction is exceptionally rare because of how close the planets will appear to be to one another. You’d have to go all the way back to just before dawn on March 4, 1226, to see a closer alignment between these objects visible in the night sky," Hartigan said in a statement.

The spectacular sighting will be viewable from anywhere on earth.

“The planets will appear low in the western sky for about an hour after sunset as viewed from the northern hemisphere, and though they’ll be closest on December 21, you can look each evening that week. Although the sight will be sinking towards the horizon, it will be bright enough to be viewed in at twilight. All you need is an unobstructed view to the southwest, and to look to the southwest from about 45 minutes after sunset where you are," Forbes states.

To catch it in the night sky, you'll need a regular telescope at a minimum. But for a brighter view, an astronomer's telescope or a university telescope feed would work better.

Alignments like these, called "conjunctions" are not necessarily rare, but some of them are impossibly rare or only come around once in hundreds of years. Astronomers speculate that the Star of David written of in Matthew was an exceptionally rare triple conjunction between Saturn, Jupiter, and Venus. One such astronomer was Johannes Kepler, one of the greatest astronomers of all time.

Photo courtesy: ©GettyImages/Allanswart

John Paluska has been a contributor for Christian Headlines since 2016 and is the founder of The Daily Fodder, a news outlet he relaunched in 2019 as a response to the constant distribution of fake news.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

SAINT OF THE DAY FOR DECEMBER 3RD: ST. FRANCIS XAVIER
St. Francis Xavier (1506–1552) was born in his family castle in Navarre in what is today Spain. While studying in Paris he met St. Ignatius of Loyola and joined him in the foundation of the Society of Jesus. Instead of devoting himself to academic pursuits as he had planned, and in which he enjoyed great success, he became the first Jesuit missionary priest. His missionary activity began in Goa, India and extended across the Orient. St. Francis Xavier was known throughout the Far East for his humility, care of the poor, and miracles including healings, speaking in tongues, and prophetic powers. His passion for Christ and zeal for souls won him many converts to the faith. It is said that during his missionary journeys he baptized over 40,000 people. He is considered by many to be one of the Church's greatest missionaries since St. Paul the Apostle. In his travels he left behind flourishing churches that were the foundations of the Catholic Church in Asia. He is the patron saint of navigators, missionaries, African missions, India, Japan, China, and New Zealand. St. Francis Xavier's feast day is December 3rd.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prayer for Peace during Panic
Father God, I know it is normal for us to sometimes find ourselves in a pit of fear and discouragement. But we don’t have to stay there. Today, we’re choosing to fix our eyes on You. And we’re remembering that each thing we verbalize our thankfulness for is like a stepping stone out of the pit we’ve been in. Thank You for providing Your timeless truths that prove to us over and over again how powerfully capable You always are. With You by our side, we have no need to fear. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prayer for Peace in the World
God, it seems that every time I turn on the news, the world gets a little worse each day. I know sin has ravaged this planet and that the world will lack complete peace until you return. Nevertheless, I ask that you intervene in the world and grant us peace. Help us to find more ways to love our neighbors and show the world your goodness. Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Almighty God. You have brought me out of sleep again to see the light of another beautiful day that you have made. All thanks and praise to you, my Lord. "Behold, I am the handmaid of the Lord. May it be done to me according to your word" (Luke 1:38). This was Mary's "yes" to the angel Gabriel. With her yes, she became the new Eve, and began the undoing of Eve's disobedience, bringing in Your grace and redemption. I am presented with many choices throughout the day. My answer can bring grace into the world, or discord. I know I don't have the benefit of being born without sin, like Mary, but through Baptism I have been redeemed. So, I have all I need to make the right choices with either a yes or no. I know that I will mess up and say "no" when it should be "yes", or vice versa. Help me Lord to not give up, and to always ask for your forgiveness. I know that you will always give me another chance. Help me to see the angel who may present me with a choice today. It could be a disagreeable neighbor, or a child needing help. With a simple "yes" I can become a bearer of grace to that person. Heavenly Father, you have chosen me and filled me with your grace. Help me to say yes to you and make a difference in someone's life.
Father, I also ask that you guide and protect all my family and friends through their day. Give us all our daily bread for mind, body and soul. Help them all to see the You in the people around them. For this I pray in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Most of us are familiar with Mary. But Joseph is also worth a deeper look. Let’s consider five lessons from Joseph’s faith that first Christmas.

1. By Faith Joseph Displayed Kindness under Pressure
“This is how Jesus the Messiah was born. His mother, Mary, was engaged to be married to Joseph. But before the marriage took place, while she was still a virgin, she became pregnant through the power of the Holy Spirit. Joseph, to whom she was engaged, was a righteous man and did not want to disgrace her publicly, so he decided to break the engagement quietly” (Matt. 1:18-19).
Kindness and godliness go together. In fact, Proverbs tells us the righteous show regard even for their animals (Pro. 12:10). Our culture suffers from a dearth of kindness. Hateful comments on social media show even believers tearing down fellow believers. Joseph’s example of kindness can teach us a lot about faith in the midst of disappointment.
From a human viewpoint, Joseph had every right to be angry. His fiancé unexpectedly left town for three months and returned three months pregnant! Her story about an angel’s visit and still being a virgin—but pregnant—must have sent him reeling.
How could he have been so deceived about Mary’s character? And why would she make up such a ridiculous story about an angel’s visit to cover her betrayal?
The stigma of illegitimacy followed Jesus throughout his life (John 8:41). In our morally lax society, we can’t fully appreciate the shame this label carried in Mary’s culture. Books written less than a century ago provide an idea of the stigma and consequence a moral lapse brought. A compromising letter was enough to ostracize a woman from polite society and prevent a respectable marriage.
Under Mosaic law, anyone guilty of adultery would be stoned (Lev. 20:10). In “The Indescribable Gift,” Richard Exley explains the three steps in a Jewish marriage and the binding commitment of a betrothal. First there was the engagement, a contract arranged by family members. Next came the betrothal, “a public ratification of the engagement.” According to Exley, “during this period the couple is considered husband and wife, though the marriage has not been consummated. The only way a betrothal could be terminated was by death or divorce…’
“The last stage is the marriage proper, when the groom takes his bride into the bridal chamber and consummates the marriage. This is followed by a wedding party.”
There’d never been a virgin birth before. It was natural for Joseph to doubt Mary’s explanation. Yet Joseph’s faith guided him to be kind even when his emotions whirled within him. He chose to quietly divorce her and protect her from public shame.
Joseph models a Christ-like response to betrayal. Kindness and grace leave the door open for the wrongdoer to repent and be restored to God and his people. In Joseph’s case, when Mary’s reputation was cleared, he had to deal only with having doubted her story. He had no regrets about how he had handled the matter.
Joseph’s kindness with Mary — when he believed she’d betrayed him — shows the kindness faith produces even under pressure (Galatians 5:22).

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

2. By Faith Joseph Showed Courage
“But after he had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, ‘Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit’” (Matt. 1:20).

Why was Joseph afraid? The obvious answer is that he feared Mary was involved or had been with another man, that she was immoral and not the person he’d believed her to be. Since he hadn’t heard from God at this time, how could he believe Mary? How could he ever trust her? How could he raise another man’s child?

The angel quieted this fear. There was no other man. Mary had told him the truth. She was carrying the Son of God.

I imagine other fears also taunted Joseph. Mary was three months pregnant at this point. To take her as his wife made him look immoral. What would this do to his standing in the Jewish community? Would his carpentry business suffer? Would they be thrown out of the synagogue and shunned by family and friends?

But when Joseph heard that this was God’s plan for him, all other concerns melted. He put aside his fears and followed God in faith. Joseph didn’t deny the challenges involved, but he accepted God’s plan with courageous faith.

When we know and trust God, we too find the courage to face our fears and follow Him.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

3. By Faith Joseph Received Guidance and Revelation
“She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins” (Matt. 1:21).

“When they had gone, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream. ‘Get up,’ he said, ‘take the child and his mother and escape to Egypt. Stay there until I tell you, for Herod is going to search for the child to kill him’” (Matt. 2:13).

When I feel panic because I’m not sure of the next step, remembering how God dealt with Joseph reassures me. Throughout this story, God warned and directed Joseph step by step. The Bible says God still shares insights with those who walk with Him (John 16:13), and He directs our path (Pro. 16:9).

God’s ways often baffle me. If I’d been directing the events of the first Christmas, I would have preempted the tension and misunderstanding between Mary and Joseph by sending the angel to Joseph before he met with Mary. I would have warned him about their need to flee before the middle of the night they had to leave. But God’s ways are not my ways—they are better (Is. 55:9). And so is His timing. God sent Joseph the direction he needed when he needed it, not before. He’ll do the same for me.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

4. By Faith Joseph Obeyed God
“When Joseph woke up, he did what the angel of the Lord had commanded him and took Mary home as his wife” (Matt. 1:24).

Joseph demonstrates the obedience of faith. Three times when an angel spoke to him in a dream he immediately obeyed. His quick response meant fleeing, perhaps on foot, leaving behind what they couldn’t carry and starting over in a new location (Luke 2:13). One of lesser faith might have waited to finish and get paid for the carpentry project he was working on.

Joseph’s obedience showed his trust in God’s wisdom and provision for the unknown.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

5. By Faith Joseph Lived Within His Means
“But if she cannot afford a lamb, she is to bring two doves or two young pigeons, one for a burnt offering and the other for a sin offering. In this way the priest will make atonement for her, and she will be clean” (Leviticus 12:8).

“They also offered a sacrifice as required by the Lord’s Teachings: ‘a pair of mourning doves or two young pigeons’” (Luke 2:24).

At Christmas, we — especially parents and grandparents — don’t want our loved ones to feel disappointed or less than their friends. This can pressure us to spend more than we should. I appreciate that the Christmas story shows the humility of Joseph. At the circumcision of Jesus — God’s very Son — Mary and Joseph didn’t offer a lamb, but the lesser offering of a pair of doves or pigeons. Charles Ryrie says in the Ryrie Study Bible that this shows the family’s poverty.

When we’re tempted to react, feel sorry for ourselves, delay obedience, or overindulge this season, may Joseph’s example bolster our faith to live courageously and in step with our Savior.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

"He who carries God in his heart bears heaven with him wherever he goes."
— St. Ignatius of Loyola

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Good morning my Lord. Thank you for my day yesterday, and the chance to celebrate your birth with family. Today, in contrast to the joy of yesterday, we have the feast of St. Stephen, saint and martyr. He looked a grisly death in the eye with calm peace, and his heart fixed on heaven. His last words could hardly be more Christlike. "As he was being stoned, he prayed "Lord receive my spirit"." Then he knelt down and cried out in a loud voice, "Lord, do not hold this sin against them." (ACTS 7:59-60). Father, I pray for the same Spirit who transformed and strengthened St. Stephen, to transform and strengthen me. Let me shine the light of Christ in the darkness of sin, confusion, fear and hatred. I pray for the courage and faith of St. Stephen.
Father, I ask that you guide and protect all my friends and family in everything they do. Give us all our daily bread for mind, body and soul. Fill us with the Holy Spirit that we may have the strength and courage of St. Stephen. Let us all keep the joy of yesterday in our hearts always. Help us always to pray for peace on earth, and goodwill towards all. For this I pray in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Thank you my Lord for greeting us with this beautiful sunrise this morning. Your love is amazing and you so willingly give it to us. I am so sorry for sometimes taking your love and blessings for granted! Help me to always remember that what I have comes from you

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

God & 3 Mistakes

What God did at Pearl Harbor that day is interesting and I never knew this little bit of history.

Tour boats ferry people out to the USS Arizona Memorial in Hawaii every thirty minutes. We just missed a ferry and had
to wait thirty minutes. I went into a small gift shop to kill time.
In the gift shop, I purchased a small book entitled, "Reflections on Pearl Harbor" by Admiral Chester Nimitz.
Sunday, December 7th, 1941--Admiral Chester Nimitz was attending a concert in Washington, DC. He was paged and told
there was a phone call for him. When he answered the phone, it was President Franklin Delano Roosevelt on the phone.
He told Admiral Nimitz that he (Nimitz) would now be the Commander of the Pacific Fleet. Admiral Nimitz flew to Hawaii
to assume command of the Pacific Fleet. He landed at Pearl Harbor on Christmas Eve, 1941.
There was such a spirit of despair, dejection and defeat--you would have thought the Japanese had already won the war.

On Christmas Day, 1941, Adm. Nimitz was given a boat tour of the destruction wrought on Pearl Harbor by the Japanese . Big sunken battleships and navy vessels cluttered the waters everywhere you looked. As the tour boat returned to dock,
the young helmsman of the boat asked, "Well Admiral, what do you think after seeing all this destruction?"
Admiral Nimitz's reply shocked everyone within the sound of his voice. Admiral Nimitz said, "The Japanese made three of
the biggest mistakes an attack force could ever make, or God was taking care of America.
Which do you think it was?"
Shocked and surprised, the young helmsman asked, "What do mean by saying the Japanese made the three biggest mistakes
an attack force ever made?
Nimitz explained:

Mistake number one: The Japanese attacked on Sunday morning. Nine out of every ten crewmen of those ships were
ashore on leave. If those same ships had been lured to sea and been sunk--we would have lost 38,000 men instead of 3,800.
Mistake number two: When the Japanese saw all those battleships lined in a row, they got so carried away sinking
those battleships, they never once bombed our dry docks opposite those ships. If they had destroyed our dry docks,
we would have had to tow every one of those ships to America to be repaired. As it is now, the ships are in shallow water
and can be raised. One tug can pull them over to the dry docks, and we can have them repaired and at sea by the time we
could have towed them to America. And I already have crews ashore anxious to man those ships.
Mistake number three: Every drop of fuel in the Pacific theater of war is in top of the ground storage tanks five miles
away over that hill. One attack plane could have strafed those tanks and destroyed our fuel supply.

That's why I say the Japanese made three of the biggest mistakes an attack force could make or, God was taking care of America.
I've never forgotten what I read in that little book. It is still an inspiration as I reflect upon it. In jest, I might suggest that
because Admiral Nimitz was a Texan, born and raised in Fredericksburg, Texas -- he was a born optimist.
But any way you look at it--Admiral Nimitz was able to see a silver lining in a situation and circumstance where everyone
else saw only despair and defeatism.
President Roosevelt had chosen the right man for the right job. We desperately needed a leader that could see silver lining
in the midst of the clouds of dejection, despair and defeat.
There is a reason that our national motto is, IN GOD WE TRUST. Why have we forgotten? PRAY FOR OUR COUNTRY!

In God we trust!
Please pass this important message to others. Americans need to stand with one another!