The Good News

Discuss these subjects at your own risk!
You may find your way to Eden or the garden of Hell!
I will NOT be responsible for where you might end up!
YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Re: The Good News

Post by YoDude »

I'm going back to admin stuff....Have at it! :big grin:

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

You just wanna make me say, "Ah Jesus", is that it? Cause it's workin' :evil:

Yo-

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

LOL, OKAY You GOT to realize I was just :jester: with you on that post, ya? That don't mean I don't like to see what you have to post though :thumbup:

Yo-

PCC
Joined a 650cc Club
My Bike: GW TRIKE + 1300 Yamaha V Star

Post by PCC »

98VS1400 wrote:If there should be only one thing left for me to tell someone, it would be the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Evangelical Christians all have the same responsibility to tell others of the Gospel, which literally means, good news. It is popular today for people to say, "You can believe whatever you want, but keep it to yourself." Ironically, that only applies to Christians. If, for instance, I wanted to tell everyone why gays should be allowed to marry, that would be fine. Even applauded. But, Scripture commands us:
Matthew 28:16-20
Now the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain to which Jesus had directed them. And when they saw him they worshiped him, but some doubted. And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”
So, what is the Gospel? It is this, in a nutshell. Mankind was created by God and put in the Garden of Eden. Man was given one restriction, and that was to not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. Adam and Eve failed to heed this warning from God and in doing so, they brought sin into the world and it was imputed onto all mankind. Due to this sin, or the "fall" as it is referred to in the Bible, all of mankind will live a difficult life and eventually, die.

God does not want this for us, so in time, He provided a way for us to once again be part of His kingdom. God instituted a "chosen people", the Jews. To the Jews, He gave a list of rules - the 10 Commandments. These commandments, along with other assorted rules in the Old Testament, were handed down to the Jews as a means for them to regain their standing with God. However, there was no way possible for man to meet them. God knew it, and it was part of the plan. Through the Jews, God provided a Savior named Jesus Christ.

Jesus is both fully man and fully God. He is one-third of the Trinity. Jesus lived a perfect life; He met and maintained each of the commandments God gave the Jews. He accomplished everything we could not. As was God's plan, the Jews did not believe Jesus to be the Savior and eventually, when given the option, the Jews had Jesus put to death. But, not before He suffered inexplicable pain and suffering. After being beaten and whipped, a crown of thorns pushed upon His head, Jesus was nailed to a cross. On the cross, He suffered the pain and punishment for all the sins of mankind. This pain and punishment satisfied the debt man owes to God. Eventually, after a long day of hanging on the cross, Jesus died and was buried in the ground.

Three days later, Jesus was raised from the dead and emerged from His grave. He remained on the Earth for another 40 days and was witnessed by many. The punishment, pain, death and resurrection all showed the immeasurable power of God. The righteousness of Jesus, that which He displayed by living the perfect life, was imputed to us. Just as the sin of Adam was imputed to man, the righteousness of Jesus was imputed to anyone who believes in Him. Conversely, all of the sins of those who believe in Jesus are imputed unto Him. To those who believe, there is the promise of our sins being forgiven and everlasting life in the kingdom of God.

The Gospel provides our way to avoid death and eternal punishment in Hell. It is the ultimate gift anyone could ever give, or receive. There is nothing we can do to earn our way into Heaven, or into a right standing with

God. That is a free gift of God. As is also stated in the Bible:
Ephesians 2:8-10
For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.

Thank You,
Read My Daily Musings On Numerous Topics
Especially Riding Motorcycles & Camera Captures
Of My Meanderings...

https://pcove99.wixsite.com/website

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Next thing you know, this'll turn into a prayer meeting thread with singing and everything. It just might get real interstin' 'round 'er.

Yo-

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: 1996 VS1400

Post by Larry TN »

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. (2 Timothy 2:15) KJV

It takes a brave man to speak the truth today.

Amazing how the Holy Spirit guided that truth through Aramaic/Greek/Latin/Spanish, etc.
"Give the people you have offended time to apologize." -Rev Samuel Porter Jones (in 1906)

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Should we look at the geography to see how that spread out? Or, does that even apply?

Yo-

Skree
Practicing Bicycling

Post by Skree »

98VS1400 wrote:
YoDude9999 wrote:Should we look at the geography to see how that spread out? Or, does that even apply?

Yo-
Are you asking how the Gospel message has spread out? Geography played a part in the early church, but the job of spreading the good news has always been and will always be, on the shoulders of the believers. Not to mix threads here, but that is why it is ironic for society to tell Christians they are free to believe anything they wish, but keep it to themselves. By mandate in the Bible, Christians are to proclaim the Gospel to all people, from the highways to the byways, from rooftops to sidewalks.

When you meet a Christian, you should expect that at some point he/she will tell you about Jesus. Much like a doctor who has a cure for cancer, you would never tell the doctor to keep that good news to himself. Being a Christian is so much more than living a good life, or treating others as you would have them treat you. It is impossible for a believer to truly understand the gift he/she has received and not have a desire to tell others about it.
Not trying to be incendiary, but I know Muslims who say exactly the same thing, and yet they are condemned for it. Why is it that many Christians say that their religion isn't about proselytizing, and condemn the Muslims for doing that, and yet here we have a Christian saying that we should expect any Christian to proselytize when given the chance. Isn't that just a bit hypocritical???
pegs down for all who have fallen and passed on

- Kenn

Remember your towel.

Skree
Practicing Bicycling

Post by Skree »

98VS1400 wrote:
To compare what Christians do to what Muslims do is an unfair analogy. The Islam faith teaches that those who do not believe in Allah are suppose to be given the opportunity to "convert" from whatever god they worship and believe in Allah. When they do, all is fine. If they don't, the Muslim is free to kill the infidel. You see the difference here?
I don't believe that it is an unfair analogy at all, the only difference is that you believe that all who do not convert to Christianity will not feel the "grace of God" on the day of Atonement. Your religion condemns them the same as the Islamic faith does.

The Quran states "And say, "The truth is from your Lord, so whoever wills - let him believe; and whoever wills - let him disbelieve." Indeed, We have prepared for the wrongdoers a fire whose walls will surround them. And if they call for relief, they will be relieved with water like murky oil, which scalds [their] faces. Wretched is the drink, and evil is the resting place."

Not every Muslim faith believes that those who do not convert should be murdered. It is only some sects.

Your belief is that unbelievers are doomed to an eternity in hell, same as the Muslim belief. Which isn't surprised as both religions come from the same root religion.
pegs down for all who have fallen and passed on

- Kenn

Remember your towel.