Things to avoid if you would be a Christian

Discuss these subjects at your own risk!
You may find your way to Eden or the garden of Hell!
I will NOT be responsible for where you might end up!
Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: 1996 VS1400

Things to avoid if you would be a Christian

Post by Larry TN »

1. R E L I G I O N
"Give the people you have offended time to apologize." -Rev Samuel Porter Jones (in 1906)

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Re: Things to avoid if you would be a Christian

Post by YoDude »

Yeah, but.....Ain't Christians religious folk? :bang:

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Okay, so how is it that Christians whom are, 'religious' people, "different" than other 'religious' people?

Yo-

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

Religion has nothing in common with the teachings of Christ. Religion is a man made effort at spirituality without having a relationship with Jesus Christ. Religion is a fund raising event in the house of God. Religion is entertainment for those who aren't interested in sports. Religion is compensation for not having asked God for forgiveness for a life of sin.
Religion is deception, truly, the opiate of the masses.

1. It was RELIGION that allowed the money changers (ARBITRAGE) in the Temple.
2. It was RELIGION that paid money to bring Christ before Pontius Pilate and demanded his crucifixion.
3. That should be enough, but there are plenty more.

Please raise your hand when you fully understand this, so we can go on to the next thing to avoid if you would be a Christian. We can't leave till everyone is on the short bus.....
"Give the people you have offended time to apologize." -Rev Samuel Porter Jones (in 1906)

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Is the, 'short bus' gonna be big enough? Somehow, I think that's actually a valid question.

Yo-

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

[/quote]
I like to refer to myself as a follower of Christ, not a religious person. There is an easier way to explain this, maybe Larry can help![/quote]

Not only is there no easier way to explain this, there is no other way. I follow the teachings of Christ as much as is within me. "Christian" is a label the world has attached to those who follow the teachings of Christ. I will accept being called a brother by someone who follows the teachings of Christ. I pay no attention to any labels the world gives me, and I certainly would never refer to a brother or sister in Christ as a Christian. Christ was a simple, uncomplicated Creator of everything. We should emulate that simply, and if we could or would create anything, it should be good. We should be merciful, (show me that in RELIGION) we should be forgiving; yet the RELIGIONS of the world are not forgiving.

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

YoDude9999 wrote:Is the, 'short bus' gonna be big enough? Somehow, I think that's actually a valid question.

Yo-
It is a valid question. Sadly, the short bus will have some empty seats, because RELIGION is the big bus that transports the smiling, happily decieved, to hell. RELIGION is a tax imposed on those who may believe they might believe if only the world didn't offer so many distractions and diversions. RELIGION would have services in a building which costs millions of dollars while people starved within blocks of the locked doors of the "church". "Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of my brethren, ye have done it unto me." Matthew 25:40 KJV

If you feel like it, google (google is the proud owner of motorola) "Howard Pittman"; a preacher for 35 years, died of heart failure in ER, left the planet, was sent back, etc.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Okay, that's different thinking. I might like that.

Yo-

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

So, the reference to the short bus curtailed any more discussion about the avoidance of things that aren't spiritually uplifting. There are still a few of you who haven't raised their hand. OK, we can ride the big bus, we will just have more empty seats.

We will go on to...
2. T H E M E D I A (in any and all of it's various forms)

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

How long before someone doesn't like the pipe?

tc1400
Got My M1 License!

Post by tc1400 »

Tim Tebow. I can say my own prayers.

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

tc1400 wrote:Tim Tebow. I can say my own prayers.
That's good, Tim. How do you pronounce your last name? Can you tie your own shoes?

"Give the people you have offended time to apologize." - Rev Samuel Porter Jones

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

I think I understand now. Thanks guys!

Yo-

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

98VS1400 wrote:Larry, go easy. Tim is just joking around. We can pray for him!
Ya know, some days I have the all patience of a mongoose sparring with a cobra, other days, not so much. I don't take meds, but I have been riding a lot this year, and I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express once or twice.

tc1400
Got My M1 License!

Post by tc1400 »

Thanks Keith,
Your absolutely right. This was simply a dig on the game Saturday. No offense, my apology.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

How delightful, you boys are playing, 'nice'. I like that!

Yo-

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

We could go on to many other things to avoid, but the first two will keep you busy for a while. Let me know when you feel you have avoided those two.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

Wow. Gonna take back what I said about the potential of "Religion" threads. However, I'm gonna just stand back and mostly receive, transmit only on occasion to say "wow". Keep on keeping on, Larry.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

YoDude9999 wrote:Yeah, but.....Ain't Christians religious folk? :bang:

Yo-
Let me say this about that…
You can be "religious" about brushing your teeth and washing your bung hole every morning. Now, that aint bad stuff, but it aint spiritual, either. The "spirit world" is very real, as I am sure most really believe. That is, until it comes to the simple matter of accepting Jesus. Some would rather serve he who is of this world. Christianity is a spiritual relationship that requires no religious rote nor repetitious ritual, only obedience to God… which is truly a good thing for all of us.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

If you encounter anyone with another Way other than the Gospel, avoid them like a crack ho. They are decieved, and would have you feeding the flames of hell beside them. The only difference between me and them is that I know I am a sinner and deserved hell, until I was forgiven by sincere repentence, then the A V O I D A N C E of sin. Now I don't fear reaping what I sow.
If I am decieved by the Golden Rule, Love one another as I have loved you, or Love your neighbor as yourself, then where is the harm that causes such outrage among the heathens?

Happy Sunday!