Daily Devotion 1 2 2015

Discuss these subjects at your own risk!
You may find your way to Eden or the garden of Hell!
I will NOT be responsible for where you might end up!
Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Re: Daily Devotion 1 2 2015

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prayer to Receive God's Word

Lord, who has given me the facility to hear and understand, let me receive your Word with an open mind and clear eye.

I pray to hear what you intend for me to hear.
Lead me to remember that, where we disagree, You are right and I am wrong.
And help me always to an attitude of humility in my study,
keeping in mind always to use your Word as a guide that will lead me on the path to salvation,
never as a tool to justify my faulty and selfish thought; for I am justified by faith.
Amen.
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prayer of Praise and Thanks

Lord God, you know every blade of grass that grows, every sparrow that dies,
every act and thought of the seven billion people here on earth.
Your knowledge is utterly beyond my comprehension, Lord.
And yet, you have promised to know me, to be with me,
to listen to me and help me and, if I only ask for it in the name of your Son,
to forgive me when I offend you.

I praise you above all else, Mighty God;
for the wonderment of your existence and the unfathomable size and complexity of your creation.
And above all, my love and obedience are yours;
I give them to you now and forever, in gratitude for your greatest gift,
the sacrifice of your blessed Son, Jesus Christ.
Amen.
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Morning Prayer To Love

God, the Father, may I love you in all things and above all things.
May I reach the joy which you have prepared for me in Heaven.
Nothing is good that is against your will, and all that is good comes from your hand.

Place in my heart a desire to please you and fill my mind with thoughts of your Love,
so that I may grow in your wisdom and enjoy your peace.
Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

For a Positive Attitude Today

Lord, as I offer you all that is ordinary and everyday in my life,
I ask you to give me the power of your Spirit that I may transform each day by living with a positive attitude,
looking for the best in people and situations.
Inspire me to live in your presence every day so that I may have a full share of the hope only your Spirit can bring;
lead me do the ordinary things of life in an extraordinary way, to your glory.
Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prayer for the Morning

Lord God, who has created all things, seen and unseen, this day is your creation and I give thanks to live in it. I pray that I will not shut you out of the day you have made, blinded by the petty concerns of life, but that I may be always open to your presence.

I open my body to you, for it is your breath that fills and warms the lifeless clay.

I open my eyes and ears to you, thankful for the light of your Word, which has brought me out of the shadow of ignorance.

I open my heart to you, aglow with thanks for your love, filling me with compassion, understanding, and peace.

I open my soul to you, grateful for your Spirit, who fills me with wisdom when I take a moment to listen.

All that I am, I open to you and I return to you, giving thanks every moment of my life for the blessings that fill this day. Through Christ I pray.
Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prayer for Morning

I thank God for this
amazing
day; for the leaping green
spirits of trees
and a blue true dream of sky;
and for everything
which is natural, which is infinite, which is created by our Lord God.
Amen

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prayer for the Guidance During the Day

My Lord God, you know my weakness and failings, and that without your help I can accomplish nothing for the good of souls, my own and others'. Grant me, therefore, the help of your grace, according to my particular needs this day. Enable me to see the tasks you will set before me in the daily routine of my life, and let me set my hand to these tasks with the vigor and joy of one with whom you abide. And if I should face trials, suffering or failure, I pray that your hand will lift me up, and I may be refreshed. In the name of Christ, I pray,
Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prayer to be Reformed

Lord God, I have tried in vain to reform myself, and I have failed.
Replace every prideful thought with a psalm, every angry instinct with a prayer of love and forgiveness. Let the sight of me radiate your glory, not mine; let every thought in my mind be the dove of your Spirit. Inhabit me, infuse me, reform me, that I may live in Christ, and He in me.
Amen

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Glory to God

O Glorious God, I am small, insignificant, but You are at my side. Your right arm guides me wherever I go.

Glory to You, ceaselessly watching over me;
Glory to You for the encounters You arrange for me;
Glory to You for the love of parents, for the faithfulness of friends;
Glory to You for the humbleness of the animals which serve me;
Glory to You for the unforgettable moments of life;
Glory to You for the heart's innocent joy;
Glory to You for the joy of living,
Moving and being able to return Your love.
Glory to You, O God, from age to age,

Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prayer for Decision-Making

Gracious God, It’s time to make the hard decisions.
Sometimes I’m scared, sometimes I’m confused, and sometimes I just don’t want to believe I have to make a decision.
Help me to trust You.
Give me strength and wisdom so that whatever happens honors my fellow humans and You.
Thank You for hearing me and answering my prayer.
Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prayer for the Day

Holy God, you have given me another day.
Bring your Holy Spirit into my mind and my life, so that I may walk this day in your presence.
Let me feel your presence throughout the day,
remembering always that you sent your Spirit that you might be a living force in all I see and all I do.
When I feel temptation or begin to stray, show me your path.
Correct me, comfort me, let me live your will; that I may be happy in this life and blessed in the life to come.
This I pray in the name of Christ, my Lord.
Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prayer for Strength Today

Lord God, I pray that you will fill my heart with the blessing of your Holy Spirit.
Grant me this day the strength to be temperate in all things, diligent in my duties, and patient under my afflictions.
Direct me in all my ways. Give me grace to be just and upright in all my dealings;
quiet and peaceable; full of compassion; and ready to do good to all people,
according to my abilities and opportunities. For the sake of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ,
Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Blessing of Mark

Almighty Lord, bless all your people, and all your flock.
Give your peace, your help, and your love unto us your servants,
the sheep of your fold, that we may be united in the bond of peace and love,
one body and one spirit, in one hope of our calling, in your divine and boundless love.
Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prayer for the Day

Mighty Father God, I thank You for this day — that it even exists, and especially, that I can live in it, that I can know it through the sense you gave me and breathe the air you have made. Your bounty and goodness to me is beyond understanding. I worship and praise you above all things, because you are above all things. Your hand has made them and your love has forgiven me and blessed me.

Keep me and those I love from danger, sickness, accident this day, I pray. Help me to turn my back on evil in all of its myriad forms, to turn aside from the temptation that besets me from within myself and from my reaction to the world outside. Broaden my mind and give me the gift of hearing truth even when I do not want to hear it, when a false thought is embedded in my mind and the truth disagrees with my preconceptions.

Fill me with gratitude. Give me the courage to change the things that are contrary to your Word, even when they are ingrained and it is painful for me to give them up. Let me realize my sin and give me the grace to repent it and seek your forgiveness. In the name of Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior,
Amen

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Gospel MK 6:53-56
After making the crossing to the other side of the sea,
Jesus and his disciples came to land at Gennesaret
and tied up there.
As they were leaving the boat, people immediately recognized him.
They scurried about the surrounding country
and began to bring in the sick on mats
to wherever they heard he was.
Whatever villages or towns or countryside he entered,
they laid the sick in the marketplaces
and begged him that they might touch only the tassel on his cloak;
and as many as touched it were healed.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prayer for the Morning

My Lord and God , please give me the patience to make it through this busy day with all the hustle,
demands and distractions of modern life.
Let me find the quiet time to hear your voice and feel your calming presence.
I ask this in your son's name.
Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prayer for the Day

Holy God, who taught the hearts of all faithful people by sending to them the light of your Holy Spirit;
Grant me by the same Spirit to be guided in my work today, and in my every thought and deed and in everything I say.
Let my decisions be wise and holy, and my ears open to your wisdom.
And let me always be open to change; unstop my ears and soften my heart,
so that I can learn your way better and better every hour of this day.
I pray in the name of my beloved Lord, Jesus Christ,
Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prayer for the Day

Lord, may I always remember that no matter the day and whatever hardship I face,
you are with me, extending your hand in love. Help me to be open to your guidance,
knowing that you want what is best for me, only asking in return sorrow for my sins
and my willingness to do good. In Christ's name I pray,
Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

For a Day Filled with Joy

Father God in heaven: What a great day! Thank you, for this and every day when I have woken up, with my heart beating and my mind able to read and think.
Whatever physical limitations I may have, whatever aches and pains or illnesses I have this day, they can never diminish the greatness of life itself and the great world in which I have found myself. For I know, I did not earn the millions of little blessings that a human life requires: every cell, every strand of DNA, every bone and every muscle in my body is a gift. I did not make them, nor the air or water or sunshine that keeps them alive.
By the power of your Holy Spirit, fill my heart with joy for all that I have been given. Help me to shoulder the burdens of my life with strength and courage, finding my solace in your promise of eternal life. I look forward in absolute faith to the glorious new body that all of Christ's children have been promised; but I pray to enjoy this not-so-glorious body, to see all of its wonders and remember that, being a gift, I am in no position to complain about its imperfections. Let me enjoy my life while I have it, great Lord. Let me celebrate all the little things I take for granted.

Bless also all the other people of this earth, O Lord, that they may be filled with the joy of life, and especially know that life eternal, which can come only from your Son, Jesus Christ.
Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prayer to the Holy Spirit to be with Me This Day

I come before you this morning, My Lord and God, to offer myself, my soul and body to you.
I live in awe of your purity, your justice, and the power of your love.
You are the strength and light of my soul, for without you I have neither life nor goodness.
I desire never to grieve you by unfaithfulness,
and I pray with all my heart to be kept from the smallest sin against you.

Mercifully guard my every thought; and grant that I may always watch for your light,
and listen to your voice, and follow your gracious inspirations.
Give me grace, O Holy Spirit, Spirit of the Father and the Son,
to listen first for your voice in everything I may say or do, this day and always,
Amen