Hey, wait a minute...plz explain

Discuss these subjects at your own risk!
You may find your way to Eden or the garden of Hell!
I will NOT be responsible for where you might end up!
Tripseven
Studying MC Handbook
My Bike: Sold it for an 82 Corvette

Re: Hey, wait a minute...plz explain

Post by Tripseven »

YoDude wrote:What's the difference between the Christians and the Catholics? Yo-
Catholics are a denomination, or rather Catholicism is. It is one of, if not the oldest denomination. Catholicism is a "high liturgy church" meaning they regularly practice set rituals and ceremonies along a church calendar- they (the rituals and ceremonies) are intended to deepen and make more rich the worship experience. For many people the rituals and ceremonies become items on a checklist, and fail to enrichen the worship and relationship with Christ.
The original intent was to draw people closer to Christ our savior.

Other denominations- Lutherans, Presbyterians, Episcopalians, Methodists, and some Baptists, are also high liturgy churches. Most of them splintered off of Catholicism, for any number of theological and doctrinal differences.

In 1517 Martin Luther nailed his 95 thesis to the catholic church door and was excommunicated for it and his subsequent refusal to recant. He disagreed publicly with several extra-biblical practices which had nothing to do with a persons relationship with Christ or salvation, but were developed by greedy priests and bishops intent on keeping the poor masses poor and uninformed. I.e. the purchase of indulgences, the conduction of services in latin,( a language no-one spoke or understood except the priests.) doctrines on baptism for the dead, communion, and others.

The church that's we the followers of Christ are called the church universal - or in latin the "catholic church".

People who believe in Jesus Christ and follow him are called Christians no matter what denomination they worship in. What it takes to be a Christian is recognizing our own sin, (Self ish ness) Accepting that Christ is fully God, Who became a man. Lived a sinless life. Died on the cross to pay the penalty for our sins, and on the third day arose from the dead. I/we are unable to earn or work our way into heaven, All we are able to do is accept the gift we've been given and live lives showing our appreciation in response to the gift.

I know I'll see heaven, and I hope to hear "well done good and faithful servant", in spite of the life I've lived.

Today there a many Christian churches, which fall under the "protestant" label, but are not liturgical at all. The "E free" or Evangelical free churches, and many non-denominational bible churches fit here. Some have great biblical doctrine and theology, others not so much.

I'd love to be in the movies, but I have a face for radio, a voice for writing, and arthritis

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: 1996 VS1400

Post by Larry TN »

A denomination as large as the Catholic church has to contain some Christians. Since it is difficult to point out the sects and cults that appear to have few, or no Christians without being judgemental, I won't.
I do not know that the Catholic church is now, or ever was the "Great Whore" simply because that church once sold absolution and indulgences for cash. The more cash your family had, the stronger the rope to raise you from hell. I think they have quit that practice. God knows, and as it is likely that humans cannot handle knowing what God knows. Christ left us enough to "get out of jail free" with a few simple phrases. One of those is: "Love one another as I have loved you."

Think: Rebirth; Repentance - Restitution - Reconciliation.
"Give the people you have offended time to apologize." -Rev Samuel Porter Jones (in 1906)

Tripseven
Studying MC Handbook
My Bike: Sold it for an 82 Corvette

Post by Tripseven »

Larry TN wrote:A denomination as large as the Catholic church has to contain some Christians.
I meant to point that out, but forgot. Thanks!

I'd love to be in the movies, but I have a face for radio, a voice for writing, and arthritis

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

All Catholics declare themselves to be Christians......But all Christians make up the faithful congregations of every denomination.
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: ZG-XII and VS-XIV
Moniker: Postmaster

Post by Jolsen »

My grandpa while at a preachers conference ruffled many feathers with the statement "denominations are bull crap ment to divide and conquer. Yall need to focus on the true goal and quit bickering and subdividing yourselves. "

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
VS1400 Wiring Diagram INFOWARS
Its not my job to prove myself every time I state facts. Its YOUR job to look it up and find out what I say is true.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Most religions of sorts quantify themselves as being obedient to the Pope or not.....
Take the Lutheran church for example... same beliefs as the Catholic church but do not adhere to the Pope's Authority on anything......They have their own Board which decides which way the church leans.........
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: ZG-XII and VS-XIV
Moniker: Postmaster

Post by Jolsen »

The only direction it should lean is towards the bible lol

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
VS1400 Wiring Diagram INFOWARS
Its not my job to prove myself every time I state facts. Its YOUR job to look it up and find out what I say is true.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

The Bible is open to a thousand interpretations....and the different religions have expounded on the verses....you've go to remember when the Bible was written....an entirely different time and place that we are living in today...

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Surely we cannot follow the exact words of the Bible... they were written as a guideline not a mandatory compulsive redition..
Take for example Matthew18:8... or Matthew 18: 9
Is this one of the 1,000 that is subject to interpretation?

[ 8"If your hand or your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it from you; it is better for you to enter life crippled or lame, than to have two hands or two feet and be cast into the eternal fire.]

[9"If your eye causes you to stumble, pluck it out and throw it from you. It is better for you to enter life with one eye, than to have two eyes and be cast into the fiery hell.]

Cross References
Matthew 5:30

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Keith you have just interpreted a verse in the Bible to make your statement and that was my original claim...... everyone interprets the meanings and verses of the Bible the way they see fits...
You say that it's an exaggeration which it very well be..... but that's what you see....
and it's not necessarily what another person might see......
Now do you get what I was referring to.... [emoji2]

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!
My Bike: VS 1400. Royal Enfield

Post by Fred »

Americans Ha Ha Ha all searching for who you are wanting to be more or part of something else. Hoping for some Irish or European ancestry even if some kind of religious attachment is the key. Its something you don't know the answer to, so what does it matter. It will never matter because it was never meant to,--just meant to control,--and what a good job it is doing still after 2000 years,--Truly amazing.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

Hey Fred.

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

torgy48
Riding on Learners Permit
My Bike: C90 Suzucki

Post by torgy48 »

Has been a ride with priests in our diocese for quite a few summers. I did join the Roman Catholic church and do not pray to the pope or any church leaders. I do not know much about the Eastern Orthodox Catholic church. Christianity, to me, is mostly about how one treats other human beings. peace torgy,

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Point well taken...The road to salvation is strewn with many obstacles.. but with faith in the Lord and perseverance in your faith in Him... redemption is there for the taking..

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!
My Bike: VS 1400. Royal Enfield

Post by Fred »

torgy48 wrote:Has been a ride with priests in our diocese for quite a few summers. I did join the Roman Catholic church and do not pray to the pope or any church leaders. I do not know much about the Eastern Orthodox Catholic church. Christianity, to me, is mostly about how one treats other human beings. peace torgy,

A perfect description of Budhism. If I were to explain my faith it would be what you said. I have no religion but that of myself, I am me and dammed proud of it. I dont kill or steal, I dont disrespect my fellow man, I love my nieghbour but I don't need religion and I despise it and have little respect for those that need to be taught such simple rules on how to be a human and more to the point would fail if they had none.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Fred, that is all good and fine until you get to the point of when you despise religion and make a mockery of it and start telling people how fuked they are for believing in it the way they do.

No one here is telling you how to believe or what to believe in. That is your own individual belief system. Yes, they will tell you, you are going to hell and all that, and maybe they're right. One way to find out when the day comes when we must leave. In the mean time, please respect the members, by not calling them asshats just because of what they believe.

Yo-

NE_FL
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VS1400

Post by NE_FL »

Fred wrote: A perfect description of Budhism. If I were to explain my faith it would be what you said. I have no religion but that of myself, I am me and dammed proud of it. I dont kill or steal, I dont disrespect my fellow man, I love my nieghbour but I don't need religion and I despise it and have little respect for those that need to be taught such simple rules on how to be a human and more to the point would fail if they had none.
"... I dont disrespect my fellow man, ..." ***** "... I despise (religion) and have little respect for those that ..."

Aren't you being a little contradictory and thus come off as a confused bitter little man?

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Fred=The Apex of Hypocrisy ..when it comes to Religion...

Fred may be a real nice person...in person....one never knows until they walk a mile in the other's shoes..

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Fred, why do you hate/despise? What is your reasoning for feeling this way towards others? Are you saying you can't get along with others because you feel this way?

Yo-

NE_FL
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VS1400

Post by NE_FL »

If Fred would go to confession and ask forgiveness for his sins he would feel a lot better. [emoji2]