Hey, wait a minute...plz explain

Discuss these subjects at your own risk!
You may find your way to Eden or the garden of Hell!
I will NOT be responsible for where you might end up!
YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Hey, wait a minute...plz explain

Post by YoDude »

What's the difference between the Christians and the Catholics?

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: ZG-XII and VS-XIV
Moniker: Postmaster

Re: Hey, wait a minute...plz explain

Post by Jolsen »

Catholics are more strict and drink at church.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
VS1400 Wiring Diagram INFOWARS
Its not my job to prove myself every time I state facts. Its YOUR job to look it up and find out what I say is true.

MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Post by MadCow »

I don't know, Yo....I really don't..but I could research and maybe form an opinion, I thought Catholics were christian?
-DBTO

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: 1996 VS1400

Post by Larry TN »

Some Catholics are Christians. The percentage is probably very close to the same as any Protestant denomination. The True Church is composed of members of many denominations. To say that they are "more strict" and they "drink at church" is oxymoronic.
"Give the people you have offended time to apologize." -Rev Samuel Porter Jones (in 1906)

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by Jolsen »

I have gone to many churches and 1 was a catholic church for a year. Some denominations do fallow the rules closer or are stricter about the rules. And they use real wine not grape juice.

Its not my job to prove myself every time I state facts. Its YOUR job to look it up and find out what I say is true.

NE_FL
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VS1400

Post by NE_FL »

All Catholics are Christian.

Some Christians are Catholic.

:wink:

NE_FL
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by NE_FL »

What Catholics are good at is education. They have the highest standards and are very STRICT with their students. They, especially the Jesuits, don't take any crap. You wear a uniform, follow the rules, or you're outta there!

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by Jolsen »

Uniforms and rules hmm starting to sound like the SS

NE_FL
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by NE_FL »

Follow the rules or you're outta here and you'll end up driving a truck!

JUST KIDDING!!! :lmao:

:OhNo;

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

Okay, so who are these Presbyterian guys then? They are not Catholics, but are they Christians?

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

The percentage is probably the same throughout all the sects, cults and denominations of so called "Christian" churches. If you say you are Christian, but are not, you have "taken the Lord's name in vain" so to speak. I have never done this as it is no one elses business, it is between me and Christ. The Unitarians are a new age group that apparently have little use for Christ, but are very "tolerant". Mormans are not Christians. Some Catholics are Christian.
"Give the people you have offended time to apologize." -Rev Samuel Porter Jones (in 1906)

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

YoDude wrote:Okay, so who are these Presbyterian guys then? They are not Catholics, but are they Christians?

Yo-
Protestants, and theoretical Christians. Depends on the person, not the denomination. I cannot become a Christian by becoming a Catholic or Episcopalian. I might become a Christian in spite of belonging to one of the cults, denominations or sects.

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

NE_FL wrote:All Catholics are Christian.

Some Catholics are Christians, others seem to worship either the pope, the virgin mary, statues, saints, and still others would still have services in a language (Latin) not spoken by the members of the church. It is, at least, a very successful franchise, headquartered in vatican city, which is not part of Rome.

NE_FL
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by NE_FL »

Larry TN wrote:
NE_FL wrote:All Catholics are Christian.

Some Catholics are Christians, others seem to worship either the pope, the virgin mary, statues, saints, and still others would still have services in a language (Latin) not spoken by the members of the church. It is, at least, a very successful franchise, headquartered in vatican city, which is not part of Rome.
I was looking at it in a much broader sense, namely that a Christian is a follower of Christ.

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

NE_FL wrote:
I was looking at it in a much broader sense, namely that a Christian is a follower of Christ.
That is true. But to assert that all members of any sect are Christian is not valid, nor likely.

NE_FL
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by NE_FL »

So you are saying that not all Catholics are Christian. Then what are they? I believe the official stance is that the Catholic church is a Christian (follower of Christ) church.

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

NE_FL wrote:So you are saying that not all Catholics are Christian. Then what are they?
Not all of any sect are all Christians, pick any percentage that you like.
What are they? They are all Catholic, SOME may be Christians.

NE_FL
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by NE_FL »

Hm-mm, I'm going to hunt down an Intruder riding priest, have him sign up on IsA, and ask him to chime in. If I can find one. :big grin:

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

NE_FL wrote:Hm-mm, I'm going to hunt down an Intruder riding priest, have him sign up on IsA, and ask him to chime in. If I can find one. :big grin:
When you do, he will tell you the same thing that I told you. Ask any priest you know, or a cardinal.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

NE_FL wrote:What Catholics are good at is education. They have the highest standards and are very STRICT with their students. They, especially the Jesuits, don't take any crap. You wear a uniform, follow the rules, or you're outta there!

My oldest son graduated from college from a Jesuit run University with a 100% graduation rate...reason behind that figure is if your grades are sub standard at the end of your sophomore year you are not invited to return for your junior year....Son graduated with a 3.79 grade average and his GPA was right in the middle of his graduating class...
Them Jesuits are a tuff crowd :bow:

He graduated with a degree in computer science and after sending out numerous resumes, he received a call asking him when he could come to work for one of the companies, Son asked him if this was an interview he was informed it was a job offer...His eventual boss was also a graduate of that particular University.. Small world.
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"