The Daily Verse

Discuss these subjects at your own risk!
You may find your way to Eden or the garden of Hell!
I will NOT be responsible for where you might end up!
Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!
My Bike: VS 1400. Royal Enfield

Re: The Daily Verse

Post by Fred »

I said Jonny-why are you so scared of death ?

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Wednesday, April 26, 2017 12:00 AM

Scripture Reading: Jonah 1:17-2:10

“I will say, ‘Salvation comes from the Lord.’” And the Lord commanded the fish, and it vomited Jonah onto dry land.
Jonah 2:9-10

Jonah’s story challenges our natural skepticism. Imagine blaming an ocean storm on one passenger, though he admitted sinning against God. And how could tossing Jonah overboard calm the storm? Yet it did! And there’s more: God sent “a huge fish to swallow Jonah,” who survived in its belly for “three days and three nights.”

Jonah confessed his sin, professed faith in God’s power to save him, gave thanks for deliverance, and vowed eternal gratitude. Now God had Jonah’s attention. He ordered the fish to vomit Jonah onto dry land.

This story sounds bizarre. But Jesus used it in a discussion with the Pharisees. The Pharisees demanded miracles from Jesus to prove he was all he claimed to be. Instead, Jesus referred them to Jonah: “A wicked and adulterous generation asks for a sign! But none will be given it except the sign of the prophet Jonah” (Matthew 12:39).

Jonah didn’t dive voluntarily into the sea expecting a “huge fish” to save him; nor did he expect to be vomited from the beast onto the beach. But God used Jonah to point to Jesus’ sacrificing his life and being sealed in the tomb for three days before God resurrected him. And we share his eternal life. Born in the belly of the beast called sin, Jesus freed us for eternal life. We can sing with Jonah, “Salvation comes from the Lord”!

Lord Jesus, you willingly came into our world of sin to save us. How can we thank you enough? Accept our praise. Amen!
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Fred wrote:I said Jonny-why are you so scared of death ?

Death is inevitable ........... it cannot be avoided...........
I am not scared of the going to the other side.......
But the thought of leaving my loved ones who I have devoted my human life to is troubling for me at best..

There will be the usual born and died markings on my grave site but if you will look closer it will read as follows....

"Yea Death
Where is thy Victory"
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

What if you are wrong ,---- either you are or I am

If I am wrong I get a lovely surprise --cough ---hack-- If. If you are wrong then you get peace and quiet, if you die of cancer or torture then you are on a winner.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Thursday, April 27, 2017 12:00 AM

Scripture Reading: 1 Peter 1:3-9

Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him.
1 Peter 1:8

How amazing it would have been to have personally seen Jesus in action, walking on water, healing people, or raising people from death. And how astonishing to meet the resurrected Jesus outside his empty tomb! But today, 2,000 years later, all we have are the Bible’s collection of testimonies.

And yet these are sufficient. Indeed, Peter commends all who believe without having met the resurrected Jesus in person. So we must accept as true what the gospel writers and others have reported. “Well done!” Peter commends his readers, not only for believing in Jesus but also for loving him!

If you’ve ever spent time away from loved ones, you know the pain of missing them. Technology narrows the gap, but it hardly lessens the longing for their presence. Having spent many months away from home in the navy, I’ve experienced what it means to miss my loved ones. But I’ve never known Jesus’ physical presence. In many a dark time I have longed for his loving touch. But for that we must wait. This is why Peter, one of Jesus’ closest friends, commends his readers—you and me. We love our Savior, despite the fact that we have not seen him or touched him or heard him speak.

Do you have that intimate love for your Savior?

If only, Lord Jesus, we could see your face and feel your touch. It’s enough, though, that your Spirit assures us you are with us until that day when we will see you. Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Fred wrote:What if you are wrong ,---- either you are or I am

If I am wrong I get a lovely surprise --cough ---hack-- If. If you are wrong then you get peace and quiet, if you die of cancer or torture then you are on a winner.

Not quite Fred.............
If you are wrong, and you are, the surprise you mention will be of the fact that you will never see your Creator....just that thought will drive you insane. "That" will be your fires of hell.......
If you are right, which you are not, you will be accorded the same end result...peace and quiet for eternity...

If I am wrong, and I am not, I will still have complete peace and quiet for eternity..
If I am right , which I am, my reward will be everlasting life with my Creator

I detect you are not an evil person.....even God would have compassion for your intolerance of his Kingdom..
I wish nothing but the best for you

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

I have 2 creators they are going on 90 years old now.

The bible says I will boil in hell for not believing, not what you say.

Will cave men be there with heir creator too, he wont have time to see you as more stars and planets are needed in our neighboring galaxy. If Earth took a day then he is going to be away for many trillions of years.

Will animals be there, the bible says God loves all creatures-- bit dangerous isnt it.

With what shall you think with since your brain has been destroyed by cremation.

What about still born Children that die on the operating table, They cant talk or even walk and have no education, will they go to heaven school.

Can you answer these questions or just fit some made up stuff that you are content with.

You see this is the problem--this fabulous explanation of death for those who cant handle it falls like a house of cards with the slightest logic applied to it.

Children can cope with fantasy but it is strange in this year of 2017 for people who live lives in advanced countries such as american can still accept any of it.

In Uk people don't admit to it or you will be smiled at. A very small majority do. It would certainly not help in an academic job application

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Friday, April 28, 2017 12:00 AM

Scripture Reading: John 21:1-14

“Bring some of the fish you have just caught.” . . . It was full of large fish, 153, but even with so many the net was not torn.
John 21:10-11

Here’s the intriguing account of seven disciples catching 153 fish on Jesus’ orders. Why report 153 fish? Scholars aren’t agreed. Many meanings have been proposed, but (pardon my pun) all seem to be fishing for answers. It’s better to admit we don’t know why 153 fish are reported rather than to try to divine the Master’s mind. Perhaps it’s just a record catch.

Early one morning after his resurrection, Jesus finds his disciples back on their fishing boat. Having grown up on a lake where we fished often, I know Jesus’ question made the disciples cringe: “Haven’t you any fish?” They’d caught nothing after fishing all night.

“Cast your net on the right side.” What difference would that make? Fish don’t hide on one side of a boat. Yet immediately the net filled with 153 “keepers.” And the net did not tear.

Remember, Jesus had drafted Peter and Andrew, as well as James and John, from the ranks of professional fishermen. Instead of catching fish for a living, he said, they’d become fishers of people for eternal life (Mark 1:16-20). Whatever 153 means, it tells us God would draw a great number of sinners to salvation through Christ. How do we know? That original band of twelve disciples has become a worldwide church of billions! Now, that’s a haul!

Lord Jesus, you are fishing for humans to save. Make us your fishers and fill our nets with all whom you are bringing into your boat. We pray in your name. Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Fred wrote:I have 2 creators they are going on 90 years old now.

The bible says I will boil in hell for not believing, not what you say.

Will cave men be there with heir creator too, he wont have time to see you as more stars and planets are needed in our neighboring galaxy. If Earth took a day then he is going to be away for many trillions of years.

Will animals be there, the bible says God loves all creatures-- bit dangerous isnt it.

With what shall you think with since your brain has been destroyed by cremation.

What about still born Children that die on the operating table, They cant talk or even walk and have no education, will they go to heaven school.

Can you answer these questions or just fit some made up stuff that you are content with.

You see this is the problem--this fabulous explanation of death for those who cant handle it falls like a house of cards with the slightest logic applied to it.

Children can cope with fantasy but it is strange in this year of 2017 for people who live lives in advanced countries such as american can still accept any of it.

In Uk people don't admit to it or you will be smiled at. A very small majority do. It would certainly not help in an academic job application

FAITH......Without it all is lost

Matthew 8:26

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

Your cheque is in the post honestly.

Faith was something people used when men were honest, still did'nt work faith is for kids and the gullable.

Faith is nothing without substance or I could ask you to have faith in me.

Faith is nothing more than trust me. Look at me in my black cloak , don't I look intimidating in my Church so huge and decorated --is it not impressive, how could you not fear me and believe my word. You belong to me, do as I say and give me your children. :Umm:

You told me once you had trouble with the law and judging right from wrong, you still have.

lonerider
Joined a 650cc Club
My Bike: vs1400

Post by lonerider »

Fred wrote:[emoji106] ... I am me and my own destiny. There is nothing but me in charge of what I do or say . Life and what is in it has made me this way and I am pleased and happy and content with that.

I shall leave this planet hopefully without leaving a crumb or hurting anyone else. I would like to leave it better but I don't think I can do that.
Dang, Fred. Here it is a couple of months later and you're still on a mission to attack religion in general and Johnny in particular. If you're so danged happy and content why are you so bothered by his postings of scripture that your obsession is becoming overwhelming for you? If you keep it up you will surely drive yourself mad! Instead of being "happy and content" you are a lost soul wandering in the twilight looking for the "Truth." But you will never find it even though it is right there in front of you.

:bonk:

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

I would like to understand how a grown man can still believe in fantasy in fact how the whole world is betrayed by religion and tries to kill each other because of it. It is no enough to just be content in my own thoughts I want to understand.

As Jonny has his own personal thread and pumps out biblical stuff daily he would be that man to ask --don't you think.

lonerider
Joined a 650cc Club

Post by lonerider »

Fred wrote:I would like to understand how a grown man can still believe in fantasy in fact how the whole world is betrayed by religion and tries to kill each other because of it. It is no enough to just be content in my own thoughts I want to understand.

As Jonny has his own personal thread and pumps out biblical stuff daily he would be that man to ask --don't you think.

If you don't get it by now you never will. Quit obsessing over it and you might have a chance at real happiness. And I said "might" have a chance. :tongue:

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

lonerider wrote:
Fred wrote:I would like to understand how a grown man can still believe in fantasy in fact how the whole world is betrayed by religion and tries to kill each other because of it. It is no enough to just be content in my own thoughts I want to understand.

If you don't get it by now you never will. Quit obsessing over it and you might have a chance at real happiness. And I said "might" have a chance. :tongue:
NO-- you seem to be able to just accept what some one says ;IDunno: but I dont. There lies our differences.

Im not confused with religion but those who believe it. When I see the beauty of evolution (if you understand it ) you wonder how grown men believe in a god that made us and the Earth its laughable. But you don't seem to know why either.

lonerider
Joined a 650cc Club

Post by lonerider »

Fred wrote:
lonerider wrote:

NO-- you seem to be able to just accept what some one says ;IDunno: but I dont. There lies our differences.

Im not confused with religion but those who believe it. When I see the beauty of evolution (if you understand it ) you wonder how grown men believe in a god that made us and the Earth its laughable. But you don't seem to know why either.
Yeah, I accept what someone says as it relates to their own beliefs, I don't necessarily accept what they say as it pertains to ME.
It certainly doesn't bother me if they say the bible is their guide. If that helps them through their daily lot in life, so be it. I have better things to do than to argue whether they are right or not. How about you?

:ahha:

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

It makes me wonder how you guys got to the moon.

Do you know about Thea? That is the planet that smacked into Earth and gave us the tilt . Do you understand that the moon was at one time only 10,000 miles away making tidal waves 1000 feet high travel around the the globe daily.

Or did god do it.

Why don't you question some things and enquire , its a wonderful feeling to learn something new and how it works and the best is we are all part of evolution. Every thing can be explained if you know how it works --A Eureka moment as they say explains it well,--- do you know what that is?

It is insufficient to just say God did it and if it still seems daft you say Ahh well god works in mysterious ways..

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Saturday, April 29, 2017 12:00 AM

Scripture Reading: John 21:15-19

Peter was hurt because Jesus asked him the third time, “Do you love me?” He said, “Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you.”
John 21:17

After Peter’s triple denial of Jesus (John 18:15-27), the risen Christ appears one morning and invites Peter and his companions to a fish barbecue. After breakfast, Jesus asks Simon Peter, “Do you love me more than these?” Whoever or whatever “these” are, Jesus’ meaning is clear: Does Simon, son of John, love Jesus, Son of God, above all?

The English language masks the distinction between Jesus’ questions and Peter’s responses. Jesus asks, “Do you love [agape] me?” referring to total, unconditional love. Peter replies, “Yes, Lord, you know that I love [phileo] you,” referring to “brotherly love.” He can’t say he loves Jesus as Jesus loves him, so Peter professes the best love he has. Again Jesus asks, and Peter answers. Peter is hurt when Jesus asks a third time, but perhaps he’s not listening. With divine humility Jesus has used Peter’s word (phileo) this time, as if to say, “OK, I accept the best you can give.” Then Jesus says, “Feed my sheep” (see John 10).

Jesus is reconciling. Peter is being restored. Jesus’ three-fold query mirrors Peter’s triple denial. Peter’s triple profession of love for Jesus shows that his restoration is complete. And Jesus repeats the first call he made to Peter and the others: “Follow me!” (see Mark 1:17).

Do we love Jesus above all? Then let’s feed his sheep with the news of his resurrection.

Lord, we have denied you often. Please restore and guide us to love and serve you faithfully. Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Sunday, April 30, 2017 12:00 AM

Scripture Reading: John 20:30-31; 21:25

Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room . . . .
John 21:25

It’s April 30, two weeks after Easter. We’ve journeyed with Jesus from our world to ancient Jerusalem, and outside its gates, where he died for us, arose, and gave us new, eternal life. On April Fools’ Day we began by wondering if God had sent his Son on a fool’s errand, coming to live in our world as one of us. He had to go through Holy Week and the hell of Good Friday until he came to the glory of Easter.

From what we know of Jesus’ life on earth, his days were filled with preaching, teaching, healing, raising the dead, and, of course, dealing with opposition. He didn’t leave a diary or appointment book to tell us everything he did in his ministry, let alone during his childhood or teenage years. What did the gospel writers leave out? All we know is that they told us what the Spirit prompted them to write.

John ends his gospel provocatively: “Jesus did many other things as well.” But he gave us enough. “These are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.” There was much more to tell, but what’s recorded gives us plenty. Christ lived with us, died for us, and rose victoriously. Now he sends us to share this good news. That’s all we need to know.

Almighty God, you’ve given us the story of all stories to share with our broken, fallen world. Inspire us and encourage us to tell others, for Christ’s sake. Amen.

Are You a Grumbler?
And all the people of Israel grumbled.
Numbers 14:2

There are grumblers among Christians now, just as there were in the camp of Israel of old. There are those who, when punished, cry out against the affliction. They ask, "Why am I afflicted? What have I done to be chastened in this manner?"

A word with you, grumbler! Why should you grumble against the dealings of your heavenly Father? Can He treat you more severely than you deserve? Consider what a rebel you once were, but He has pardoned you! Surely, if He in His wisdom considers it necessary to chasten you, you should not complain. After all, are you punished as severely as your sins deserve? Consider the corruption that is in your heart, and then will you wonder that so much of the rod is necessary to root it out? Weigh yourself, and discern how much dross is mingled with your gold; and do you think the fire is too hot to purge away the amount of dross you have? Doesn't your proud rebellious spirit prove that your heart is not thoroughly sanctified? Aren't those grumbling words contrary to the holy, submissive nature of God's children? Isn't the correction necessary?

But if you will grumble against the chastening, pay attention, for it will go hard with grumblers. God always chastises His children twice if they do not respond properly the first time. But know this--"He does not willingly afflict or grieve the children of men."1 All His corrections are sent in love, to purify you and to draw you nearer to Himself. Surely it must help you to bear the chastening with submission if you are able to recognize your Father's hand. "For the Lord disciplines the one he loves, and chastises every son whom he receives."2 ". . . nor grumble the way some of them did and were destroyed by the Destroyer."3

1) Lamentations 3:33
2) Hebrews 12:6
3) 1 Corinthians 10:10

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Monday, May 1, 2017 12:00 AM

Scripture Reading: Malachi 1:1-2a

A prophecy: The word of the Lord to Israel through Malachi. “I have loved you,” says the Lord.
Malachi 1:1-2a

The name Malachi means “my messenger.” God has a message for his people, and he wants to make sure they take it seriously from the start. This is a prophecy, God says; this is my word through my messenger. God even uses his covenant name, which in the Hebrew text is YHWH (Yahweh). In English we often render it as “the Lord” (with small capital letters). This is the name God used to describe himself when he made a covenant with his people through Moses (see Ex. 3:10-20). Then, in the message through Malachi, God adds again, “says the Lord,” making clear that this is important.

So what is this important message that God makes such a big deal of? Very simply, it is “I have loved you.”

God’s love is the most important message of the entire Bible, and God’s love is the central message of Malachi. God loves us.

Throughout the rest of the book God’s people ask him a lot of questions. And behind each one they are wondering, “How have you loved us?” God always has an answer, and he has never once let his love slip, not even for a moment.

God loves you, even if you aren’t sure that he does. Even if you don’t really know him yet. Even if you know him but have been resisting him or living in rebellion against him. He still loves you, and he very much wants you to know that.

Dear Lord, you love me. It sounds almost too good to be true. But you say it clearly. Thank you. I love you too and want to learn to love you better. Amen.

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

I don't want god he can fuck off --he is a murderer and exist only in the minds of ignorant humans.

Nope --no clash of thunder.

Grow up,