Daily Devotion 1 2 2015

Discuss these subjects at your own risk!
You may find your way to Eden or the garden of Hell!
I will NOT be responsible for where you might end up!
Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Re: Daily Devotion 1 2 2015

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prayer for Guidance
Lord, teach me to number my days aright, that I may gain wisdom of heart.Help me do today the things that matter, not to waste the time I have.

The moments I have are precious, Lord, see that I count them dear. Teach me to number my days aright. Fill me this day with your kindness, that I may be glad and rejoice all the days of my life. Through Christ I pray,
Amen
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prayer of Determinnation for the Coming Year

Oh heavenly Father, who has created me, and preserved my life,
and promised the joy of eternal life to all who come to Him through his only Son, Jesus Christ:
I vow and determine to grow in my faith during the coming year, learning your holy Word,
coming to you in prayer every day, and resolving to walk in all those good works
which you have commanded us to walk in.

Bless me in my endeavors, dear God; if it may please you,
send your Holy Spirit to always remind and correct me when I stray from your path;
and renew in me, today and every day, a sense of prayer without ceasing.
Let me honor you with my time, my love, my bounty, my words and deeds,
as I lay up my treasure in heaven. In Christ's name, I pray,

Amen
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Morning Prayer

Gracious God,
Bless my family, kindred, friends and country,
be our God & guide this day and for ever for his sake,
who lay down in the Grave and arose again for us,
Jesus Christ our Lord,
Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Morning Prayer

Loving Father, Help us remember the birth of Jesus, that we may share in the song of the angels, the gladness of the shepherds, and worship of the wise men.

Close the door of hate and open the door of love all over the world. Let kindness come with every gift and good desires with every greeting. Deliver us from evil by the blessing which Christ brings, and teach us to be merry with clear hearts.

May this morning make us happy to be thy children, and this evening bring us to our beds with grateful thoughts, forgiving and forgiven, for Jesus' sake.
Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prayer for the Morning

Heavenly Lord, you have brought me to the beginning of a new day.
As the world is renewed fresh and clean, so I ask you to renew my heart with your strength and purpose.
Forgive me the errors of yesterday and bless me to walk closer in your way today.
This is the day I begin my life anew; shine through me so that every person I meet may feel your presence in my soul.
Take my hand, precious Lord, for I cannot make it by myself.
Through Christ I pray and live,
Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

A New Year's Blessing
May God make your year a happy one!
Not by shielding you from all sorrows and pain,
But by strengthening you to bear it, as it comes;
Not by making your path easy,
But by making you sturdy to travel any path;
Not by taking hardships from you,
But by taking fear from your heart;
Not by granting you unbroken sunshine,
But by keeping your face bright, even in the shadows;
Not by making your life always pleasant,
But by showing you when people and their causes need you most,
and by making you anxious to be there to help.
God’s love, peace, hope and joy to you for the year ahead.
Amen

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prayer for the Morning

Heavenly Father, I give thanks that I have woken up alive this morning, to witness the magnificence, the glory of your creation.
Even on the dreariest of days, when the weather doesn't suit me, let me rejoice in the taste of heaven you give us on earth.
For the hottest, muggiest day; the coldest and most bitter weather; the clouds, the rain, the wind and snow, the lightning and thunder
— these are all your creations, oh Lord, and all of them have a great beauty if I just take the time to see them.

Should I be blind, what would I give to see the cloudy rainy day that I complain about? Should I be deaf,
how much I would long to hear your thunder! When I lie dying, how sweet it will seem to have been bundled up against a chill wind,
or to be soaked in sweat as I work in the heat and humidity.

Let me be always filled with gratitude for the world you have given me, God, Father and creator of all that is.

Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

A Prayer of Abandonment to the Holy Spirit:

Holy Spirit, God of Love, be present to me; accept the offering of myself which I make to you. Receive these hands, these feet, these eyes, this tongue, and all my senses. Receive my memory, my will, my understanding, my desires, my sighs, the longings and the aspirations of my soul. Receive my every hour, my every moment, and all the happenings of my life. Holy Spirit, God of Love, knit my soul to you. Let your love possess my whole being - my senses, my powers, my affections, my very life. Let your love rule my labor and my rest, my going and my staying, and move me as it pleases. Let your love disquiet or comfort me, humble or exalt me, and burn away all my faults.

Holy Spirit, God of Love, draw me to yourself. Do with me what you will. Nothing will cause me fear if only your love enfolds me. I ask confidently because your desire to give is greater than mine to receive. Transform me into yourself, so that I may no longer know myself, nor find myself, except in you.
Amen

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

To Submit My Day to God

Almighty God, who has given me life and breath, and another day:
I do not know what this day might bring. For men make plans, and their plans come to naught,
as you will it. Thus I take this day out of my hands and submit it to your will. Make me this day your servant,
that I might find my hand at the tasks you have meant for me to do, and might do them as well as I can.
For there is nothing better than a person should rejoice in his work, to your glory and for the love of his neighbors,
as you have commanded us through your Son. In His name, I pray, let my day be yours,
and let it be filled with goodness and faith.

Amen.

KAJUN
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: HARLEY THE BIG MOTHER

Post by KAJUN »

Gospel Mk 2:13-17
Jesus went out along the sea.
All the crowd came to him and he taught them.
As he passed by, he saw Levi, son of Alphaeus,
sitting at the customs post.
Jesus said to him, "Follow me."
And he got up and followed Jesus.
While he was at table in his house,
many tax collectors and sinners sat with Jesus and his disciples;
for there were many who followed him.
Some scribes who were Pharisees saw that Jesus was eating with sinners
and tax collectors and said to his disciples,
"Why does he eat with tax collectors and sinners?"
Jesus heard this and said to them,
"Those who are well do not need a physician, but the sick do.
I did not come to call the righteous but sinners."
The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.

KAJUN
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by KAJUN »

THE PRAYER: Dear Lord, grant that I offer you a repentant heart and not a poor excuse for all I have done wrong.
Then let me rejoice in the forgiveness which the Savior has won with His life,
suffering, death, and resurrection. In His Name I pray. Amen.

KAJUN
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by KAJUN »

Proverbs 16:18; Luke 18:9-12

The Pharisee . . . prayed: “God, I thank you that I am not like other people. . . . I fast twice a week."
Luke 18:11-12

Pride takes many forms—often, sadly, among people who try to serve God, and even if they begin humbly. The road of fasting, for example, is paved with good intentions and littered with broken vows. With a sigh, some promise themselves to try to do better next time. Others, if they have kept their vows, can easily be tempted to feel proud of their success.
Fasting and prayer are resources that help us focus on our need for God’s love and mercy; they are not instruments for self-enhancement. Pride in self-denial is self-defeating. In false humility we can become puffed up with pride and even boastful. The Pharisee in Jesus’ parable boasted that he was not like “robbers, evil ­doers, adulterers—or even like [the] tax collector” nearby. He judged himself as much better than all of these others, and he was sure that God would reward him.
If we want to boast about anything, says Paul, we should boast in “Jesus Christ, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption” (1 Corinthians 1:30). Paul knew about spiritual pride. For a long time he was convinced that he was better than Christ’s followers, and he sought to exterminate them (Acts 8:3; 9:1). Spiritual pride so shrinks the soul that it has no room for God’s love—or for neighbors.

Dear Lord, free us from our selfish pride, knowing we are lost in sin and powerless to do any good without you. May we boast only in you and in your love and grace for us. Amen.

KAJUN
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by KAJUN »

Humility
By Arie Leder, Saturday, March 17, 2018 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Exodus 4:10-16; Luke 18:13-14

He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, “God, have mercy on me, a sinner."
Luke 18:13

Our world is hostile to humility; it sees the humble person as a doormat—someone who stands by quietly while others step all over them. The world would rather have us think more of ourselves.
But we are naturally so selfish that increasing our love of self will leave little room for God, not to mention our neighbor. A life built on self-esteem is lonely. What’s more, because humility is often confused with weakness, the lover of self tends not to forgive others.
True humility places all the power of “self” in the service of God and neighbor. Thus God takes hold of Moses’ weak tongue and strengthens him to speak boldly and plainly to Pharaoh. And the humble tax collector throws himself on God’s grace when he says, “God, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Most important, the eternal Son of God takes on the form of a humble servant and dies in our place (see Philippians 2:5-11).
Directed by God’s love, people who are humble in spirit invest themselves in what the world thinks is weakness. Christ’s power strengthens us to love God above all and our neighbors as ourselves. Sharing the good news of God’s love and helping others in need, we have “the mind of Christ” (1 Corinthians 2:15-16).
The world scorns humility. But Jesus Christ’s humility has overcome the world, to the glory of God the Father.

Lord Jesus, may your mind live in us daily so that your love and power will guide us in all we do and say. Amen.

KAJUN
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by KAJUN »

THE PRAYER: Dear Lord, may we never take for ourselves the glory which belongs to You alone.
Keep us humble and appreciative of Your many gifts, the most important of which is Your Son Jesus, our Lord.
In His Name we pray. Amen.

KAJUN
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by KAJUN »

Prayer for the Morning

Heavenly Father, I do not fear this day, for you are with me wherever I might go, your light to shine ahead,
your footsteps to lead the way. I do not fear this day, for your word will be my guide.
Your strength will sustain me and your love revive me, this day and all days.
I do not fear this day, for you are with me. In the name of Christ, I call upon you.
Amen

KAJUN
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by KAJUN »

See Eph 1:17-18
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
May the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ
enlighten the eyes of our hearts,
that we may know what is the hope
that belongs to our call.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.

KAJUN
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by KAJUN »

Prayer For The Evening

Lord God, who has made me, my God who keeps me, my God who will be my Lord through all eternity,
shine down Your blessings and wisdom upon me like the sun upon a field; and may I keep
You in the forefront of my every thought and deed, throughout this day, and evermore.
Amen.

KAJUN
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by KAJUN »

THE PRAYER: Dear Lord, I give thanks for my faithful and ever-living Savior.
May my greatest joy in life be to remain by His side.
In Jesus' Name I ask it. Amen.

KAJUN
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by KAJUN »

For Strength of Faith

Heavenly Father, every life has its trials, and I have my share.
Help me to see the challenges of life as opportunities to test my sincere and single-minded faith and to grow,
and endure, and persist despite obstacles in my path. For people who have it easy in life develop no strength.
As you have told us, the flower of wealth and fame is short-lived, for the sun rises with its scorching heat and withers it,
and its petals fall, and its beauty is gone.

Give me confidence and strength in my faith,
Lord, for the reward you give to your faithful is true joy and will never fade,
but will remain when all flesh has been corrupted and all the things of earth have faded.
Let me hold strong and steadfast through every trial and every temptation.
All praise and glory to you, mighty God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
Make your home with me today and every day of my life; be with me in all I do.

Amen.

KAJUN
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by KAJUN »

THE PRAYER: Dear Lord, in good times and bad,
may we always know that the love shown to us in the Savior's sacrifice is alive and well.
With such faith, may we give thanks always. In Jesus' Name we pray. Amen.