Stumped with this 1986 intruder PLEASE HELP

STRICTLY Motorcycle Talk allowed here. ALL others get deleted!!!!
Jayhip13
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 1968 suzuki intruder

Stumped with this 1986 intruder PLEASE HELP

Post by Jayhip13 »

:bang: sooo I have a 1986 Intruder that is firing on the front cylinder and is able to run on that front cylinder, and the rear cylinder is not .the spark plug will spark one time right when I hit the start button, but then there is zero spark. Even while running, it will throw 1 or 2 sparks but then be gone .
The bike has a new stator, new coils, and new plugs. I'm still confused. Please help. Any info would be appreciated

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!
My Bike: Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster

Re: Stumped with this 1986 intruder PLEASE HELP

Post by sgtcall »

Jayhip13 wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:35 pm
:bang: sooo I have a 1986 Intruder that is firing on the front cylinder and is able to run on that front cylinder, and the rear cylinder is not .the spark plug will spark one time right when I hit the start button, but then there is zero spark. Even while running, it will throw 1 or 2 sparks but then be gone .
The bike has a new stator, new coils, and new plugs. I'm still confused. Please help. Any info would be appreciated

Welcome!
So I assume this is a VS750? Someone will be along soon that knows the 750.

In the mean time here are a couple of things to check out.

INTRUDER MANUALS AND INFORMATION
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=14168

POSTING PICTURES ON INTRUDERS ALERT
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=13992
Lechy wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:08 pm
navigator wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:45 am

Lechy wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:08 pm
If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.

FallenAngel
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: Suzuki Intruder 1400

Post by FallenAngel »

Jayhip13 wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:35 pm
Do you have the pos and neg/ signal wires hooked up correctly
are your coils grounded correctly
Do you have the correct voltage to the coils

Lechy
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: VS800 Honda Phantom 200

Post by Lechy »

I had an intermittent spark problem, turned out to be a partially broken pulse cable at the transit plug in the alternator cover. I think it was Herb who had a similar problem but at the connector near the CDI.
Grow old disgracefully young man.