New brake & clutch hoses

STRICTLY Motorcycle Talk allowed here. ALL others get deleted!!!!
sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!
My Bike: Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster

Re: New brake & clutch hoses

Post by sgtcall »

Kingkoa1 wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:19 pm
I did drain the old fluid but after that I used brake fluid that I bought and opened 6 months ago... I didn't know that brake fluid has a time sensitive expiration after its been opened... but I also cut the top of the bottle off to look inside the bottle and there was dirt and debris and the bottom of the bottle, dunno how that got in there but it did 😆 also I noticed that my Clyburn bleeder valve is pretty stripped and worn and I may have a slight leak there. I sealed it up and bought a banjo bolt with a bleeder on top... problem solved 😌I'm glad I've got you guys to help me out! I appreciate all of your help guys🙏 also I was wondering about fork extentions.... will Amy 39mm fork extentions work?? And how are they installed...? I really want to put a springer on my bike but I've got no idea what kind to get and where to buy it from... and one know where to buy one that'll fit the vs800???
You should talk to Springer Fla
Springer Fla wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:02 pm
Hello all and greetings from Florida, USA.

I was just up to Daytona Bike Week, last week. Had the best warm weather week for it. I just spent over an hour re-sizing the pixels for my Avatar. I've been years trying to get that done! Explaining - that I used to be on the old IA Board over a decade or so, ago. Back then, I designed and built a few of these Springers for the VS 750 and VS 800. I'm not very computer literate for posting photos and I have an aversion to the legal terms of posting via 3rd party, as I have proprietary things going on.

Long story - short; I was away for many years and now I'm back but with limited time for posting. Here, I'm getting my posting to a whooping count of two and thought you all might enjoy seeing an Intruder with a Springer. I have a VS 1400 currently under construction and maybe it will soon to be on the road. More on that later. I will say that the C50 Springers won't work on the 1400's, or I may need heavier springs. I'm back to stock for now.

In closing, I'll add that the C50 Springers were 6" over. Handled like stock, and used all OEM components like; Handlebars, cables, wiring, horn, headlight, fender, brakes, etc. Extra was a 6" longer speedo cable, + 6" of brake line, turn signals and a Timken lower neck bearing. All Nuts and bolts were SS, except for the rockers. All for now. :rag:
If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.

Kingkoa1
Studying MC Handbook
My Bike: Suzuki intruder vs800

Post by Kingkoa1 »

Well since the hoses I ordered were so long, I figured what the hell and went from 14"to18" apes lol....I ordered the meaty bars and they fit snug, feels more balanced and the design and weight makes it feel easy more balanced! I'm lovin it! [https://i.postimg.cc/K86f1vMY/20230903-080656.jpg]
“If you want to be happy for a day, drink.
If you want to be happy for a year, marry.
If you want to be happy for a lifetime, ride a motorcycle!!”

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Too many to list

Post by hillsy v2 »

You left out the IMG at the start of the pic link:
Kingkoa1 wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2023 6:40 pm
Well since the hoses I ordered were so long, I figured what the hell and went from 14"to18" apes lol....I ordered the meaty bars and they fit snug, feels more balanced and the design and weight makes it feel easy more balanced! I'm lovin it .... here's some pix

Kingkoa1
Studying MC Handbook

Post by Kingkoa1 »

Thanks brother I was wondering what I was doing wrong

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Too many to list

Post by hillsy v2 »

Kingkoa1 wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 6:02 pm
No worries :ShitGrinandThumb:

The code has to look like this so the photo is linked (with the IMG and /IMG):

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!
My Bike: Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster

Post by sgtcall »

Kingkoa1 wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 6:02 pm
POSTING PICTURES ON INTRUDERS ALERT
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=13992
If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.

Kingkoa1
Studying MC Handbook

Post by Kingkoa1 »

Ok cool got it... funny cause sometimes I get it then other times I don't... how do I look at the profile pix?