Back in the Room

STRICTLY Motorcycle Talk allowed here. ALL others get deleted!!!!
whooshbang
Practicing Bicycling
My Bike: 2005 Suzuki Boulevard s83

Back in the Room

Post by whooshbang »

Well it's been a while.... So glad to see this forum is still thriving and members/mods/admins still contributing!

Sold my intruder vs1400 some 6 years ago to buy a newer bike. (not one of my better decisions)

Here's a video of the bike that i used to help sell it.

https://youtu.be/a64DEwZUh38

I was riding a 2015 Victory Judge up until recently but had to sell it due to a house move and various other finacial reasons. But i recently got into a position where i coud afford another bike and could not stop thinking about the 1400 intruder so, I pulled the trigger and purchased this for £4k...

Can't wait to ride it and show it off at the local bike nights. Absolutely loved my other (earlier) model.

I do like it factory standard but also feel the urge to rip the sissy bar off, re-profile the seat, tidy the tail end and change the signal lens covers to clear ones and replace the bulbs with Orange ones.

What ya'll think?

W
2005 Suzuki Boulevard s83

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Re: Back in the Room

Post by Designer »

Ya Done GOOD! :space: :clap: :space: :space: That's one mightyfine Ride you have there. :space: :ShitGrinandThumb:

Before reprofiling the seat, have you considered shorter Rear Shocks?

Could LED bulbs work? There are several out there, I would look to find the brightest ones

And do be aware of your Jetting..... seems you Header Pipes are getting blued. :space: A somewhat common occurrence when less restrictive Mufflers are put on without re-tuning the Carbs to match.

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

whooshbang
Practicing Bicycling

Post by whooshbang »

Thanks!

I put Honda VTX1800 rear shocks on my last Intruder (you can see them in the video). It reduced the ground clearance a fair bit and affected the steering quite a bit too. I'm reluctant to use shorter rear shocks (for now anyway).

I have considered LED's but really like the original look of the standard housing so figured clear lenses and Orange lamps the option. No messing around with load resistors either.

Thanks for pointing out the pipes... I was wondering if they are standard or not. I haven't actually heard the bike yet so weather they are straight through or after market pipes i have no idea. I guess i'll need to richen up the mix if it's running a bit hot and lean.

Invaluable advice!

Again many thanks

W

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

You are welcome. :space: :bow:

IRRC,....There are LED bulbs that are direct replacement for the bulbs in your housings.

Given that bluing only gets worse,...and looks really bad,..If it were me,..I'd make the Carb Rejetting a priority.

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

whooshbang
Practicing Bicycling

Post by whooshbang »

Designer wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:05 am

IRRC,....There are LED bulbs that are direct replacement for the bulbs in your housings.
Oh, I will look into that thanks.
Designer wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:05 am

Given that bluing only gets worse,...and looks really bad,..If it were me,..I'd make the Carb Rejetting a priority.
I'll get my bro to check it out.

Many thanks.

W