Do you ever think of things you need to do to the scoot and then....

STRICTLY Motorcycle Talk allowed here. ALL others get deleted!!!!
Travlin
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: Ummmmmmmm a 1400

Do you ever think of things you need to do to the scoot and then....

Post by Travlin »

When the thought is finished you think crap that's alot.

The Ultra was low miles and we'll kept so had a clean start on it. Last year did a pipe and air cleaner so it breaths well now, runs great.

This year I was thinking the forks need serious help. Go for the brakes and she face plants hard. So I thought mono tubes. Pricey but has to be fixed. Well hell I put EBC pads on 6k ago so might as well go through the brake as well. New braided lines, might as well go through the calipers at the same time. 13 years old.....

At this point the holy crap thought hasn't appeared yet.

Since what goes better with EBC pads than EBC rotors, nothing fancy but matched disks and pads for a brake maker for a heavy bike.
Cool that's about it although since I was tearing the forks down to get the guts out, could put chrome ones on. New seals and bushing for a couple C notes more, right?

I sit back thinking, cool, done. Forks are at100%

Holy SHIT. Pushing 2k.

Hate to have to do something twice but progressive springs are only 100 and the chrome was just a twinkle in my eye.

It's crazy when your once in and done hurts that bad.

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Re: Do you ever think of things you need to do to the scoot and then....

Post by hillsy »

That's the "rabbit-hole"

:cheers:

Travlin
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: Ummmmmmmm a 1400

Re: Do you ever think of things you need to do to the scoot and then....

Post by Travlin »

Yeah I hear ya, been down that hole before.

My goal is to set the girl up to run serious miles packed 2 up so suspension has to be done, the HD Air shocks are crap. I'm leaning to forgo the floating rotors to offset the mono tubes. They have rears matched for heavy bikes......another grand at another time though. I guess the rotors wouldn t be but an afternoon with no real teardown.

:bonk: