F/S or Trade: VS800/1400 Tanks

Bronx is the Board's wheeler & dealer of new and used parts and accessories. If you're looking for a part, try here first.
Acton67
Scooter Enthusiast
My Bike: Suzuki Intruder VS800

F/S or Trade: VS800/1400 Tanks

Post by Acton67 »

I've got 2 VS800 tanks and a 1400 tank I may be able to trade or sell for the right price.

First tank is the original tank that came off my vs800, has a dent around the gas cap that I filled in with bondo but never got around to sanding down. Tank had no leaks when I used it and I cleaned the tank out and re-sealed last year with the POR 15 Fuel tank repair kit. Threads on the petcock mounting holes are good.

Image Image Image

I'll take $225 OBO for this tank, would prefer trade. See below for what I'm looking for.

Next tank is in pretty decent condition. Also sanded down to metal. I bought this tank off ebay and it leaked from 2 pinholes in the left rear corner. I cleaned and re-sealed the tank with the POR 15 Fuel tank repair kit and sealed the holes from the outside with bondo. Never got around to sanding down the bondo on this tank either. I verified the threads are good on the petcock bolt holes on this tank as well.

Image Image Image Image Image

This tanks definitely in better condition then the first, I'll take $300 obo for this tank. Again would prefer trade, see below for details.

I've got a spare petcock valve in good condition I can throw in with either tank for $20. I've also got a spare fuel cap with key I can throw in for another $20.

The last tank I have came off a 97 VS1400 parts bike I recently purchased. The tanks in decent shape and I plan on doing a rebuild on a vs1400 at some point. I'd prefer to fix up a damaged tank and repaint that, seems like it would be a waste to strip this one down. Someone may want this as is.

Image Image Image

This tank could possibly be repaired as is to keep the original OEM paint job. There's crud in the tank though, definitely needs to be cleaned out. This tanks in better condition then anything I'm seeing ebay right now and it looks like vs1400 tanks are in higher demand. I'll take $400 obo for this tank but I would prefer to trade.

I'm mainly looking to trade these for a vs1400 motor and/or vs1400 frame with paperwork. I can throw in a combo of parts/cash if the deal is right. I'm open to any offers, worst I can say is no. I don't mind sitting on these parts either though.