saga continues

General questions not related to any bike specifically.
Every day questions, batteries, oil, spark plugs, etc. etc!
Think if it as the, Motorcycle Chit Chat Channel.
ardo
Studying MC Handbook

saga continues

Post by ardo »

good morning all, I hate to post this massage, but I need help, as you know I was having gas problem leaking from air boxes, front and back, the conclusion was I need to get new float parts, (Needle and the brass part and O ring I did, it solved the problem with the rear carb, I am still having leak from front carb, what do I do now, or what did I do wrong, I thank you all responding to solve my problem, have a nice day everyone. :bang:

m2h
Scooter Enthusiast
My Bike: 03 VS1400

Re: saga continues

Post by m2h »

ardo wrote:good morning all, I hate to post this massage, but I need help, as you know I was having gas problem leaking from air boxes, front and back, the conclusion was I need to get new float parts, (Needle and the brass part and O ring I did, it solved the problem with the rear carb, I am still having leak from front carb, what do I do now, or what did I do wrong, I thank you all responding to solve my problem, have a nice day everyone. :bang:
Ardo it sounds like you need to replace the front carb bits as you did for the rear. If the rear parts were bad seems reasonable to assume the front will be in the same condition. With the new parts doing their job of sealing fuel off in the rear carb, the pump will be giving full pressure to the front one so if needle valve is bad fuel WILL flood out the vent tube and all over. Good luck man, you must be sick of synching that sucker :bonk: :bonk: :bang: :bang:
:cheers:
M2H
" Old Guys Rule!" :rock:

ardo
Studying MC Handbook

Post by ardo »

Hi M2H, thank you for your advice, this morning I took your advice, and went checking A/F adjusting screws, well you were right they were almost four turns our so I turned them in almost to one turn out , and turn the pet cock off and ran the bike , gas keep coming out but repeating this few times I think I might have resolved the problem, do you think I should replace the oil? or may be I should wait till all the gasoline is out of the air boxes?, I should mention the A/F screw for the front carb is a pita, I wish they had it in a different location. thank you again

cheers

ardo
Studying MC Handbook

Post by ardo »

No its not fixed, I turned the A/F screw only half turn out ,still spitting gasoline out off the exhaust, need more help please.

m2h
Scooter Enthusiast
My Bike: 03 VS1400

Post by m2h »

ardo wrote:No its not fixed, I turned the A/F screw only half turn out ,still spitting gasoline out off the exhaust, need more help please.
Hi again Ardo, first off take this thread to the vs1400 section onlyas you may get a better response there. As for your problem turn both A/F screws out to 2 1/2 from LIGHTLY seated and leave them there til this flooding issue is fixed.
From what you say you have fixed the rear carb flooding, yes? I am assuming that the fuel out the exhaust is then only coming from the front, yes? I don't see how you have fuel in the front air box unless there is something major wrong. Is the bike actually running on BOTH cylinders? Do you have spark on the front plug? Did you check the front carb choke is moving freely and not jammed open? Have you done a compression check with wide open throttle (even with the engine cold it will give you some idea if all is well in there) There are so many variables here.
So we can assist you can you please itemize a list on what you have done ie new parts in which carb etc
You need to take a methodical approach to this or you will chase your tail and get confused. Read the manual on the relevant sections carefully.
:cheers:
M2H
" Old Guys Rule!" :rock:

ardo
Studying MC Handbook

Post by ardo »

Hi M2H, thank you very much for staying with me, I took your advice and moved to 1400, I thought it was the same, as for your suggestions, bought exhaust get hot , when i put my hand to the end of the pipe there is very strong pressure coming out, as for compression test, I have not done it, I will turn the A/F screws out 2.5 turns, one last thing on your suggestion, I will check to see the choke is working properly I also apologize for not responding very quick, I am involved with few other issues. Thank you again for staying with me