Did you ride today

General questions not related to any bike specifically.
Every day questions, batteries, oil, spark plugs, etc. etc!
Think if it as the, Motorcycle Chit Chat Channel.
Marauder03
Practicing Bicycling
My Bike: Intruder 1400vs

Did you ride today

Post by Marauder03 »

Hi, I try to ride everyday weather permitting. Even if I get 50 miles in I’m happy, it’s my therapy. Hope you had a chance to ride, stay safe.

WintrSol
Joined a 450cc Club
My Bike: CB450 GL1500CT

Re: Did you ride today

Post by WintrSol »

The weather broke today, and I got in 45 miles. Great day! :clap:
Florissant, MO
CB450K3, GL1500CTValkyrie

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

Hope I never burn out. My every day ride is like a fix. Two in the rain this week. Yesterday just wet roads on way to Danville to meet the ten old coots that showed.Half on motorcycles.The cold camp ride trip last week shows me they are more like me in love of two wheel stuff.
Had to move more bikes to roll the old Harley in the sun yesterday and put the new battery in.Got it started but need to fool with it more today.
Can put H plates on it next year as will be 25. Crazy old man with far too many bikes.I am sick!

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

old time rider wrote:Hope I never burn out. My every day ride is like a fix. Two in the rain this week. Yesterday just wet roads on way to Danville to meet the ten old coots that showed.Half on motorcycles.The cold camp ride trip last week shows me they are more like me in love of two wheel stuff.
Had to move more bikes to roll the old Harley in the sun yesterday and put the new battery in.Got it started but need to fool with it more today.
Can put H plates on it next year as will be 25. Crazy old man with far too many bikes.I am sick!
Nope, just smart...
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Marauder03
Practicing Bicycling

Post by Marauder03 »

Yesterday I rode all day, had a blast! I’ve had a lot of bikes in the past but this 1400 vs is really starting to be my favorite. Thing runs like a beast and sounds awesome with the jardine straight pipes. Hope you have a chance to ride today.

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

Got my every day ride in.Warm but so bad wind guts the tall light Vstrom felt like a small sail boat! :putput: The 1400 is a fun ride.My 96 would lift the front wheel often on hole shots but just enough sometimes you did not know it was off the road till the bars got light and went to one side! Just make sure its aimed right. They feel fast but not sport bike fast at all. Mine ran out of steam after 90mph but would keep a slow pull to a shown 110 if you stayed wide open.

Marauder03
Practicing Bicycling

Post by Marauder03 »

Rode today about 20 miles, freezing cold. But I was on it having fun for a little while

Forge
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: 99 Valkyrie Interstate- 05 S83

Post by Forge »

Took my S83 out today and put about 85 miles on her. I went to one of our neighboring small towns to watch the fish in the river. The weather was pretty and she was running great. I opened her up to blow the carbon out of her and got her up to an indicated 105 and she was still pulling. The progressive shocks and front springs helped to keep her steady and the K&N drop ins, Dynojet needles, Dynatek 3000, and the Vance & Hines slip ons helped her breath deeper. The little Spitfire type windshield and Protac backrest made it more comfortable at that speed. I backed out of her at that point. I'm definitely getting older, or maybe wiser. Nowadays I prefer to cruise between 65 to 70 but it's fun to have the "reserved" power. It was a fun little afternoon run.
Arthritis sucks!

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

Rain came to a stop for a while yesterday and took a ride and got my Democrat donkey shot in. [emoji2] This AM had to ride both ways to Danville and back in a cold rain.47 and going down rest of day. Summer is really over. :putput:

franktiregod
Joined a 900cc Club
My Bike: SUZUKI

Post by franktiregod »

No I didnt ride. Have no bike, :blink:

I have a Kawasaki that I hate. Its in the shop. kawasaki built that piece of crap, let them fix it.
I have a Suzuki that is totaled in the garage. The insurance is paying it off for hardly nothing but more than a bike with 100k is worth, I guess.
I made an offer on another Intruder. The man counter offered. I stood at my offer and am waiting on him to see things my way. [emoji2]

Marauder03
Practicing Bicycling

Post by Marauder03 »

I got 50 miles in today, freezing cold. I was the only bike on the rode, I didn’t mind I was enjoying it while I can.

Marauder03
Practicing Bicycling

Post by Marauder03 »

Rode yesterday, 35degrees then as I’m cruising along bike starts to stutter, uh oh! So I pullover and figured I.D ran out of gas. I was was right, BUT the bad news is for some reason I had the pet cock on reserve instead of on. So I’m screwed, call the wife to bring me gas, listened to her bitch the whole way there. Fueled it up and of I went. I only had about 80 miles on the trip odometer, haven’t been riding hard but damn that’s some poor mpg.