Terrible shop... fixing my issues

General questions not related to any bike specifically.
Every day questions, batteries, oil, spark plugs, etc. etc!
Think if it as the, Motorcycle Chit Chat Channel.
pmhearns12
Learning My Moped
My Bike: Suzuki s83

Terrible shop... fixing my issues

Post by pmhearns12 »

So i had some problems when i put on my cobra drag pipes... to be completly honest, i felt as if the bike has issues for quite a while... subtle popping in the rear jug, very blued header, turned white almost... just poor poor riding conditions, then it started feeling as though the clutch is slipping...

Put drags on, i encountered one issues after another... i tried and tried to adjust fuel and yadda yadaa... so i bit the bullit and went to shim needles, re jet and do a slide and spring mod. (Slight preface... topic stated terrible shop, i had a local shop "do a csrb rebuild and sync and tune up. Cost me close to 600$ for the carb job plus the parts... outrageous!!... stick with me my story gets better) so i pull the back carb first, the outside looked clean, although the fitting from fuel like to the top carb had been recently yanked out, i can see some sort of glue residue and also what appeared to be relativly fresh snags and snares in the copper... i pulled the slide and did the deeds, shimming, drilling and snipping... i then turned to the float bowl... thinking, i wonder if float is stuck causing these issues since my plug was soaked with gas.... as i pulled it i heard a 'tink tink tink' and look into the bowl.. theres the main jet laying in bottom of the bowl.. not to mention an extremely old float bowl gasket.. clearly there was no "rebuild" done. To make things better, the float bowl has a hole and clearly was patched with what looks like grey jb weld.. there is no way to tell if the bowl was damaged prior me getting it or if the shop did it, either way, they never said anything... also, they took nearly 4 weeks to get my bike done... which makes me think they did such a piss poor job, they had to do tons of patch work which extended the process..

On to the front carb.. as i am pulling it apart, it is horribly dirty with black goop in the top diaphragm housing.. and the bowl is compeltly dirty with leaky gas residue... opened it up and clearly that float bowl obviously was noy replaced either, it was hard as a rock, flat as a pancake and even had a very tiny crack... so i replaced the gaskets and did my modifications and put it all back together. By this time, its nearly 4 hours later and i start it up, takes a minute to get fuel back... iT STARTS! was idling nicely, i stsrt to give it throttle and it dies... tried 3 or 4 times... a few small adjustments and then i relize its lesking fuel pretty bad... arge!!!!!! Back into the garage to find the ussue tomorrow then i see it... the front carbs slide spring sitting on the work bench!!! :bang: .. thats my story.... back on it this afternoon...

Ugh, so what do i do or, can i do avout the shop that molested my bike...?? Its been 3 months since they worked on it...

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Re: Terrible shop... fixing my issues

Post by Herb »

Not much you can do except tell everyone you can about how bad they did.
If they are a dealer you might try contacting the main company with your complaint.
If they get enough complaints they might pull the franchise.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

pmhearns12
Learning My Moped
My Bike: Suzuki s83

Post by pmhearns12 »

Well i called and spoke with gm and told him what was going on. All the details and was kind about my disdain. I explained i wasnt necessarily blaming them, just very concerned as to why i wasnt told especially avout the float bowl.

They drove 70 miles round trip to pick my bike up. Took all my jets and offered to reclean, replace gaskets and bowl, rejet/tune for pipes and resync everything snd deliver it when its done. Also, tjey put priority on it...i suppose im pleased with the action... hopefully yhe end result will be just as pleasing

Forge
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: 99 Valkyrie Interstate- 05 S83

Post by Forge »

What ever became of this?
Arthritis sucks!