What did you do to the motorcycle today?

General questions not related to any bike specifically.
Every day questions, batteries, oil, spark plugs, etc. etc!
Think if it as the, Motorcycle Chit Chat Channel.
Lechy
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: VS800 Honda Phantom 200

Re: What did you do to the motorcycle today?

Post by Lechy »

Fixed a fucked up starter motor.

[emoji41]
Grow old disgracefully young man.

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

Rode to two reunions [emoji106] First a AM ...IBM/LEXmart ..then a family one.Fun and at both lots of us really old now [emoji2] .Saw ones at both that had not seen in over three years.Good times and lots of old fun tales.Was only motorcycle rider at both. :putput:

m2h
Scooter Enthusiast
My Bike: 03 VS1400

Post by m2h »

Took a 130mile surprise ride today. A fellow retired mate (We belong to NZ chapter 1 Red Knights) rang and said "LETS GO". :rock: We did - lots of twisties and some good long straights. Had lunch at cafe half way and got drizzled on on the way back :hellfire: Was fun tho. :cheers:
Cant let Oldtime Rider have all the fun! :lol:
M2H
" Old Guys Rule!" :rock:

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

Having so much fun for a old guy,any more would have to be twins. :cheers: Kid called a hour ago and going to her house for supper. She still can wrap me around her little finger at 50 :kiss: . Still get my old man ride and nap every day so life is good.Will be 71 Wednesday so may be more gifts? [emoji2] Her and reast of loved ones healthy best gift to have.All you dads have a great day. :cheers: :putput:
m2h those little drizzles can be a big welcome when really hot.Cools you off so nice in the wind after. [emoji106]

m2h
Scooter Enthusiast

Post by m2h »

old time rider wrote:Having so much fun for a old guy,any more would have to be twins. :cheers: Kid called a hour ago and going to her house for supper. She still can wrap me around her little finger at 50 :kiss: . Still get my old man ride and nap every day so life is good.Will be 71 Wednesday so may be more gifts? [emoji2] Her and reast of loved ones healthy best gift to have.All you dads have a great day. :cheers: :putput:
m2h those little drizzles can be a big welcome when really hot.Cools you off so nice in the wind after. [emoji106]
I agree buddy cept it was about 17C and made things a bit greasy. Had a zippy bit with some slick tar made things a bit exciting for 2/10ths of a second. Just quick enough that the ring didnt have time to pucker :blink: and i had just washed the 1400 the day before-- needs it again now :donno: :cheers:
M2H

m2h
Scooter Enthusiast

Post by m2h »

After my ride the other day i noticed yellow in front of the back wheel. Lost the freaking batterybox cover :bang: :bang: :bang:
Sourced one on Amazon it arrived today so may put it on tomorrow. Not feeling crash hot today :(
:cheers:
M2H

Lechy
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: VS800 Honda Phantom 200

Post by Lechy »

Been a busy couple of days. Started off servicing the bike so I figured to attend to the oil seepage from the alternator cover. Drained the oil, removed the filter, removed the cover. Picked up a shifter shaft seal from a bearing supplier (22mm-12mm-7mm), made up a new gasket put it all back together, new filter and new oil. Started up to check for leaks, bugger, only firing on the rear, no spark at the front. Checked all connections, nothing wrong. A bit of head scratching and decided to trace the cables back, what I found was that when I had the cover off the blue signal wire had broken off at the transit plug into the casing. OK, drain oil, pull all the cables back through the starter well, the connectors were looking pretty nasty so I cut them off so I wouldn't have to remove the starter. Off to the local auto store for new cables, I managed to get similar color coded ones. Did a butchers job on the existing cables, they were quite stiff so I replaced them all. Made 2 runs using electrical heat shrink tubing, one run for the 4 signal cables the other for the 3 power cables. Had some fun threading them back through the starter well. Fitted new connector pins and plastic connectors, hooked them back up. Whilst doing this the clutch springs I ordered from EBC arrived. Had to remove the RH exhaust system to pull the cover but fitting the springs was an easy task. Finally got everything back together, started her up, vroom, vroom. Check for oil leaks, top up the oil and off for a test ride. Whoopee running like a raped ape with a hot poker up its arse.
[emoji41]
Grow old disgracefully young man.

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

Took my ever day ride on the loud old RoadStar. A late model White Dodge pick up pulling out of side road as I am doing 60mph on two lane.He caught up fast and while not mad too close enough old man was going to make him earn it if next passing spot clear.It was so drop down to fourth and leave him big time :cheers: .Keep it sounding off in the next cruves by motor braking in to third on a tight one.See he is sliding a wee bit and going to give it one more try.Leave it in third to let fourth feel bad and he looks so small in the rear view :lmao: .I am way too old for this. :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :putput:

lonerider
Joined a 650cc Club
My Bike: vs1400

Post by lonerider »

Nice one! You're not ever gonna grow up, are ya? [emoji2] :clap:

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

Good two county ride on road star.No races today :evil:

m2h
Scooter Enthusiast

Post by m2h »

Today i fitted my new battery box cover to the 1400 luckily found some 5mm ss phillips screws with captive flat and spring washers! :clap: Dont you love it when a plan comes together! Just to be safe i added some thread lock :clap: I got so enthused i removed the rear brake pads and sprayed em with "Disc brake quiet" by CRC. I did the front couple of days ago. Going to a memorial service tomorrow about two hours round trip so will see if they stop squealing. I sure hope so its freaking loud. :blink: Was going to give it a
good clean and polish before hand but its supposed to be showery tomoro - so fuck it she can go dirty :lmao:
:cheers: :cheers:
M2H

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

m2h wrote:Today i fitted my new battery box cover to the 1400 luckily found some 5mm ss phillips screws with captive flat and spring washers! :clap: Dont you love it when a plan comes together! Just to be safe i added some thread lock :clap: I got so enthused i removed the rear brake pads and sprayed em with "Disc brake quiet" by CRC. I did the front couple of days ago. Going to a memorial service tomorrow about two hours round trip so will see if they stop squealing. I sure hope so its freaking loud. :blink: Was going to give it a
good clean and polish before hand but its supposed to be showery tomoro - so fuck it she can go dirty :lmao:
The brake squeal just lets everyone know you are there...
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

Still ride every day :putput: .Went in to Washington,county yesterday with another old coot after our morning with eight others.We went to a kin folk of mine that sews,makes, and repairs mc leathers more so race leathers.Other old coot needed a zipper replaced in a leather jacket.He had new gravel on his 1/8 mile drive and I hate new gravel.Never felt I was going down but hate it more with age. He had to put three of his four dogs up before we came.His Saint B. is like a big lab and just wants to be around you all you will let her. Good time as he did the job as we talked and way back off a small no lines back road.I love his place.Five SR500s and a bunch of sail boats.He redoes them and did race in vintage class way back.The boats he fixes and flips for the most part plus uses.The good life IMO :cheers: .Rode a RoadStar for fix today. :putput:

m2h
Scooter Enthusiast

Post by m2h »

Herb wrote:
m2h wrote:Today i fitted my new battery box cover to the 1400 luckily found some 5mm ss phillips screws with captive flat and spring washers! :clap: Dont you love it when a plan comes together! Just to be safe i added some thread lock :clap: I got so enthused i removed the rear brake pads and sprayed em with "Disc brake quiet" by CRC. I did the front couple of days ago. Going to a memorial service tomorrow about two hours round trip so will see if they stop squealing. I sure hope so its freaking loud. :blink: Was going to give it a
The brake squeal just lets everyone know you are there...
I try and avoid that attention Herb, specially those chequered cars with the funny lights on top [emoji2] Well the Disc brake quiet worked wonders! Thanks for the info guys :bow: Did my duty at the memorial and thought my 100 mile round trip was going to be dry
:lmao: :lmao: Yeah right!! Hit by one big shower just to wet everything, not sopping, but enough. :bang: Just as well i didnt clean it eh!
:cheers:
M2H

franktiregod
Joined a 900cc Club
My Bike: SUZUKI

Post by franktiregod »

Today? Same as yesterday and the day before, rode it like a rented mule. [emoji2]

1stlttightwad
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: VLS1400 Intruder

Post by 1stlttightwad »

Keith, what is your you tube channel called ? Would definitely like to tune in. What subjects do you cover. Dave

franktiregod
Joined a 900cc Club

Post by franktiregod »

1stlttightwad wrote:Keith, what is your you tube channel called ? Would definitely like to tune in. What subjects do you cover. Dave
Keith!!! Answer the question!!! [emoji2]

So no one has done anything to their bike since July 20? You bunch of NRMF'ers. [emoji2]

Today I am going to ride. Just like every other day. But I am also going to look at pipes and a seat for this Kawi I bought.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

Took the GS1100 out for a ride. A little over 50 miles, but it ran like a dream. My issue with flooding seems to have gone away, at least for the time being.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

franktiregod
Joined a 900cc Club

Post by franktiregod »

I have to pull the Intruder apart. I am getting strong gas smell which I assume to be a leaking hose. But thats ok because I have the Kawi. Thats why I like to won two bikes. If you have any issue with one you get on the other and go. [emoji106]

franktiregod
Joined a 900cc Club

Post by franktiregod »

Today I took the Kawi. I had lunch with a beautiful lady, then went to find a specific wine to go with dinner. We took the backroads home and enjoyed a beautiful Georgia day. :cheers: